• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

My hdfc card approved out of nowhere

asahi

TF Premier
Applied the card when i already have tata neu card(2-3 months back), so i got a mail that, my card application is put on hold because i already got tata card recently, i was like “ it won’t get approved & i totally forgot about it”. To my surprise today I received a mail that my application is approved etc etc. if it’s a ltf card i will activate otherwise, I won’t

Attachments

• IMG_4733.jpeg
    IMG_4733.jpeg
    47.3 KB · Views: 151
Applied the card when i already have tata neu card(2-3 months back), so i got a mail that, my card application is put on hold because i already got tata card recently, i was like “ it won’t get approved & i totally forgot about it”. To my surprise today I received a mail that my application is approved etc etc. if it’s a ltf card i will activate otherwise, I won’t
Was Tata Neu your only HDFC credit card at the time of this credit card application? Is your new credit card application is for a core HDFC card? Because many have confirmed that getting a core HDFC credit card after getting a co-branded credit card is next to impossible as HDFC core credit card cannot be applied as a Floater card.

Was Tata Neu your only HDFC credit card at the time of this credit card application? Is your new credit card application is for a core HDFC card? Because many have confirmed that getting a core HDFC credit card after getting a co-branded credit card is next to impossible as HDFC core credit card cannot be applied as a Floater card.
Yes tata neu is only hdfc card, I applied for core hdfc card moneyback+ via hdfc bank website, but at that time I received a mail that, it’s put on hold, because of this neu card, but in Aug//September I closed the neu card. & i totally forgot about that moneyback+ card application as they said it’s on hold. But today I received a mail again regarding the approval

Yes, I saw your post 1-2 month ago.

It must be a chargeable card 😜 because HDFC reconsidered it automatically 😳. Recent mess show that HDFC is full on money making mode 😂👍.

I had applied for Millennia via C2C from the branch just before the diwali with 1+ year old SBI CC. I already hold a 2 year old joint savings max account with balance of more than 10L. After 2 verification calls and one physical address verification, i received an email stating my application is declined. I checked with the given application number on the website, it said "decline". So i sent an email to the grievance redressal. Later i found out that there is another application number generated under my birth date which shows status "in process".

So...whats going on?

Still waiting for the reply from grievance redressal.

Last edited:
I had applied for Millennia via C2C from the branch just before the diwali with 1+ year old SBI CC. I already hold a 2 year old joint savings max account with balance of more than 10L. After 2 verification calls and one physical address verification, i received an email stating my application is declined. I checked with the given application number on the website, it said "decline". So i sent an email to the grievance redressal. Later i found out that there is another application number generated under my birth date which shows status "in process".

So...whats going on?

Still waiting for the reply from grievance redressal.
What happened next? Pls tell.

What happened next? Pls tell.
After a month, they asked me to post id proof to Chennai's address. After doing so they sent another representative to verify my office address, which didn't happen as the representative called me and didn't come and the next day i received a 2nd email giving me the exact same reason of failed identity verification through their Customer Verification process. They told me that they will no longer process my application and have archived it and to apply after 6 months.

So i have wasted ₹200, waited 1.5 months and all nothing.

I literally hold credit cards of 7 banks, have CIBIL of 791, 5+ years credit history with no defaults and a SavingsMax account with classic banking and yet they denied.

Apparently, being a secondary holder in HDFC doesn't give you any benefits. Their employees have confirmed the same. So i have opened a new account with me as the first holder with HNI banking so decent credit cards offers will come through.

Last edited:
Back