• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

My journey to acquiring a core HDFC CC while holding a co-branded CC

jainsuk

TF Select
VIP Lounge
After a long battle I have finally been able to acquire a Regalia Gold CC from HDFC, even though I hold a HDFC Tata Neu Infinity CC. Sharing my journey in the hope that it may help folks who are in similar situation (needing a core HDFC CC when holding a HDFC co-branded CC). Pls note that in my case I have my salary account with HDFC.

In 2022, I was holding a paid DCB and later acquired a LTF Tata Neu CC (during its launch). Since HDFC was offering LTF DCB for alumni of premium institutes, I cancelled my paid DCB (early 2023) when they refused to convert it to LTF. At the time, I did not realize it will become a herculean task to get a core HDFC CC once I am left with the co-branded Tata Neu CC. Had I known, I would have taken the offer to downgrade to LTF DCP, and then worked to upgrade it to LTF DCB.

Since the Tata Neu CC was LTF, I did not want to cancel the same to get the core CC. Having read some success stories on TF of cases where folks were able to get a core CC even with a co-branded card, I decided to wait 6 months after cancelling the DCB and apply for it LFT under the premium institute alumni offer available at that time. The application was rejected stating that I already have a HDFC CC, so they will not provide an additional CC. Though I kept on escalating for 3 months, I did not get anywhere. By that time HDFC closed the alumni offer on LTF DCB, so I gave up.

In April 2024, HDFC bank had put a booth in my office. I decided to try my luck. I told the bank executive that I already have a Tata Neu CC and was interested in getting a core card. I also told that I have my salary account with HDFC. He agreed to take my application for Regalia Gold CC on LTF basis (as I have my corporate salary account with them). 2 weeks later, I got an update that my application has been rejected (no reason was provided). I first wrote to grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com requesting them to reconsider my application and got a standard response that my application does not meet the internal criteria of the bank. Then I wrote to priortityredressal.creditcards@hdfcbank.com, and got a similar response from them. Then I decided to escalate to pnohdfcbank@hdfcbank.com and did multiple follow-ups with them for past 2+ months. During this time, my CC application was reconsidered and rejected twice. It is finally approved, when I agreed to a dual CC - where the current CC limit was split between both cards (instead of a floater CC where the limit is shared between the old and new CC).

I see multiple threads on TF where folks are looking for a core HDFC CC while holding a co-branded CC. While each case may be unique, this is one option to try (needs significant patience and perseverance, if you are up to it 😊). Good luck!!!

After a long battle I have finally been able to acquire a Regalia Gold CC from HDFC, even though I hold a HDFC Tata Neu Infinity CC. Sharing my journey in the hope that it may help folks who are in similar situation (needing a core HDFC CC when holding a HDFC co-branded CC). Pls note that in my case I have my salary account with HDFC.

In 2022, I was holding a paid DCB and later acquired a LTF Tata Neu CC (during its launch). Since HDFC was offering LTF DCB for alumni of premium institutes, I cancelled my paid DCB (early 2023) when they refused to convert it to LTF. At the time, I did not realize it will become a herculean task to get a core HDFC CC once I am left with the co-branded Tata Neu CC. Had I known, I would have taken the offer to downgrade to LTF DCP, and then worked to upgrade it to LTF DCB.

Since the Tata Neu CC was LTF, I did not want to cancel the same to get the core CC. Having read some success stories on TF of cases where folks were able to get a core CC even with a co-branded card, I decided to wait 6 months after cancelling the DCB and apply for it LFT under the premium institute alumni offer available at that time. The application was rejected stating that I already have a HDFC CC, so they will not provide an additional CC. Though I kept on escalating for 3 months, I did not get anywhere. By that time HDFC closed the alumni offer on LTF DCB, so I gave up.

In April 2024, HDFC bank had put a booth in my office. I decided to try my luck. I told the bank executive that I already have a Tata Neu CC and was interested in getting a core card. I also told that I have my salary account with HDFC. He agreed to take my application for Regalia Gold CC on LTF basis (as I have my corporate salary account with them). 2 weeks later, I got an update that my application has been rejected (no reason was provided). I first wrote to grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com requesting them to reconsider my application and got a standard response that my application does not meet the internal criteria of the bank. Then I wrote to priortityredressal.creditcards@hdfcbank.com, and got a similar response from them. Then I decided to escalate to pnohdfcbank@hdfcbank.com and did multiple follow-ups with them for past 2+ months. During this time, my CC application was reconsidered and rejected twice. It is finally approved, when I agreed to a dual CC - where the current CC limit was split between both cards (instead of a floater CC where the limit is shared between the old and new CC).

I see multiple threads on TF where folks are looking for a core HDFC CC while holding a co-branded CC. While each case may be unique, this is one option to try (needs significant patience and perseverance, if you are up to it 😊). Good luck!!!
George C Scott America GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Back