• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need Advice - Amex Platinum Charge credit card

amitr29

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi Guys,

Need a help on American Express Platinum Charge card. I applied for card and received it real quick. From application to card in hand took 40 hours exact. I have been seeing posts on 1.25 lacs MR points, if you apply through the upgrade link. I called up customer care and insisted on points instead of Taj Vouchers. They declined.

I have not activated the card yet. I have a option of going for Platinum Travel card and cancelling the Platinum Charge card. Maybe, after 4-5 months, I will get the offer to upgrade with MR points.

I do want the card, as I travel a lot but don't want to spend 72k and lose on a good deal.

Please let help me with your experiences. Thanx

elite34700

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I am in the same boat so wanted input from you /other members:

Once I get Platinum charge card (applied through agent), before activating it, I want to ask Amex for MR points instead of Taj vouchers. I am hoping for 1.25L points but can settle for 1L points.

What would be the best communication option to place this request: the chat option in the app or calling the platinum charge care number?
You will miserably be disappointed here, if you apply through agent you will only get taj vouchers. Period . No communication or negotiation will ever work. They will happily cancel your card.

elite34700

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Get the card, don't activate it.. Call customer care and tell them that your plan a travel next month and hence want points. 100k you will get . They will confirm in 48 hours.

Please donot activate the card till then. You have 40-45 days still to cancel, if you don't get points
This wont work .

ashwinsid

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You will miserably be disappointed here, if you apply through agent you will only get taj vouchers. Period . No communication or negotiation will ever work. They will happily cancel your card.
@amitr29 called customer care. They asked how did I apply for the card. I mentioned Amex sales rep. Then they said that different application routes have different offers so unfortunately only vouchers possible. I said I understand but if they can check with senior team I will wait and then activate the card else I wont activate it. They put me on hold and later said they have sent a request and if it is approved by the team then I will get the callback for points. I said sure, will wait.
Will update here after any developments.

amitr29

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
@amitr29 called customer care. They asked how did I apply for the card. I mentioned Amex sales rep. Then they said that different application routes have different offers so unfortunately only vouchers possible. I said I understand but if they can check with senior team I will wait and then activate the card else I wont activate it. They put me on hold and later said they have sent a request and if it is approved by the team then I will get the callback for points. I said sure, will wait.
Will update here after any developments.
You will get it..Chances are they won't call but you call them after 4 days.

watchseekr

TF Buzz
I want to apply for amex card if any one can help have itr 12 lakh with other bank card
Apply via one of the agents on this site and you’ll get an Amex card without an issue. After that Amex will offer you an upgrade to platinum pretty much within a few weeks/months as they don’t care as long as they get their 70k fees.