• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need advice in dealing with HDFC Credit Card Dispute team

sgoyal9

TF Select
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I always said that these HDFC guys are airheads but this takes to a new extreme.

I had a Regalia credit card which closed back in early Feb. I got the confirmation for closure as well at that time.

Today, I get a statement for some payment due on that same credit card. I check to see how that is possible. In the online statement, I see that there is some charge made on it a week prior.
Now, I did not make this charge nor did I get any notification from the bank at the time this charge was made.

I also got an email saying that some dispute has been made regarding a credit card transaction. I did not raise any dispute and I replied to the email immediately asking what all this about and that the card is already closed. Have not heard back from them yet. It has been more than 48 working hours.

Could not call my relationship manager as it a bank holiday. I called the bank helpline instead. These guys are telling me that some payment has been made and you have to wait for our investigation. They transferred me over 3 times to a "senior", funny how banks are able to transfer you when it is their fault but not when you need some assistance, and still they cannot give me a straight answer after being on call for over 60 mins.

I am trying to figure out how I figure into all of this. It has been more than 60 days since the card has been closed. Why am I on the hook or part of any investigation that this bank wants to take up? I am also not able to understand how they allowed any charge to take place on a closed credit card.

My concern is two-fold. Since the statement due by is marked as "Immediate", can it hurt my credit score? How should I escalate it to RBI since I do not trust this shit bank and its incompetent people at all.

Greatly appreciate any and all advice on how to proceed. Thank you in advance. Cheers

Last edited:
Guys i need help!!
On 12th April some guy called me acting as a hdfc agent. He started talking about credit card insurance and asked me whether i wanted to cancel it otherwise you will be charged. I told him that i want to cancel it, he then started asking my cc details intially i hesitated but then he manipulated me into sharing the credit card details and then i got a mail that a transaction has happened then i quickly called the hdfc helpline and blocked my cc and filed a dispute.

Its around 40k i don’t know what to do…

Last edited:
Back