• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need advice on credit card portfolio.

vicasso

TF Neo
I'm optimizing my credit card portfolio and could use your experience and expertise. Based on what you suggested, I can upgrade my current cards, cancel some of them and apply for new cards. I intend to have limited but most beneficial cards.

My current business usage cards are as follows:

(BTW, I run an IT service business and have been using HDFC Bank for the last seven years).

1. HDFC Commercial. The limit is 5 lac and actual usage is 3 lac/per month.
This is mainly used for forex online purchases (2 lac around) + Amazon Shopping + Office utilities + Atleast one domestic flight booking every month from Goibibo and MMT—basically, all related to business.
I use the company's debit card for UPI payments like office rent, interns stipends, etc,

This card has a 2% forex fee and no yearly fee. 3 reward points for 150 Rs. spend.
I am considering upgrading to an HDFC corporate card because it offers one extra reward + lounge access. But not decided. Please advise.

2. ICICI Rubyx: Limit and usage is 4 lac
I use this for online Forex purchases wherever my HDFC commercial doesn't work (Many times HDFC doesn't work). So approx 3 lac goes to Forex + Amazon for an exclusive ICICI discount.

This card is given for personal (in my name), but I use it for company expenses when the company card doesn’t work on certain foreign websites/transactions. I then collect the reimbursement from the company account to pay this card bill.

Will I get a company card even when I don't have a business bank account with ICICI?
If not, then should I upgrade to something better because my usage is high, and I should get more reward points?

My current personal usage cards are:

1. HDFC Religare business: Limit is 2.5 lac and usage is 60k/month

I use this for my insurance and personal Amazon & Flipkart shopping.
I also make P2P UPI payments but I use my Debit card for that as it is connected to Gpay.
Should I upgrade to HDFC Black or HDFC Business MoneyBack Credit Card?

2. Axis Club Vistara Signature Card: The limit is 80k and usage is an average of 15k/month (use it whenever there is some discount on Amazon). I took it because of the free flight tickets, but I'm not using it much, so not getting flight tickets as well so thinking of cancelling it.

3. Axis Flipkart: The limit is 80k and usage is an average of 10k/month. I use it for Flipkart purchases only which I don't use much now, so thinking of cancelling it.

I am considering Axis Atlas instead of the current Axis Vistara & Axis Flipkart. Please advise.

4. I just got SBI Cashback with a 1.25 lac limit but want to cancel it because of the number of cards I have.

5. My wife has an HDFC Religare business (similar to mine):
Limit is 2.5 lac and usage is 70k/month for home expenses like heavily BigBasket & Amazon. Some UPI payments are made as well, like doctors and local grocery vendors. Consider changing to SBI Cashback or Amazon ICICI for most BigBasket cashback. Please advise.

6. My elder brother has no card: Usage is 50k/month, and all P2P payments using UPI—for example, car fuel, drinking water, milk subscription and society maintenance. Consider getting a Rupey Card like Edge CSB RuPay Credit Card. Please advise.

7. My younger brother has no card: Usage is 20k/month, P2P payment from UPI + little Amazon & Flipkart shopping. Considering SBI Cashback, HDFC Millianse, or Amazon ICICI? Please advise.

1. For Business expenses,
    1. HDFC: Yeah you can go for it if it doesn't have fee but if the fee is there then take call basis how much you are getting in return. As your relation is 7 years and spending you might be eligible. Just check the HDFC app for upgrade. Also, you must be eligible for credit limit upgrade check the app. If app doesn't show reach out to your RM.
    2. ICICI: If Rubyx is free keep it for ICICI offers otherwise close it.
  2. Personal Expenses
    1. HDFC Biz Black credit card. Would be best.
    2. Close Axis Vistara and Flipkart.
    3. Wife: Keep SBI cashback and give it to your wife if not using. You can either get add on card for her (free of cost) or update her mobile number on your card for OTP. If spends are mostly on Bigbasket better to buy Amazon Pay voucher using SBI cashback load into Amazon Pay wallet and use for both payment at Bigbasket and Amazon shopping. Load at the start of the month as per the expected spendings. Ask her to use Tata Neu App to get extra 5% cashback on Bigbasket.
    4. Elder Brother: Get IDFC Power+ Rupay card. Will help with fuel and other spendings.
    5. Younger Brother: Get add on your (no fee) SBI Cashback if sharing statement is fine and doing calculations at the end of month is okay. If not get Amazon Pay ICICI to start with (LTF) and soon they will offer ICICI Coral Rupay for free. Will help build him credit history without any fee.

Last edited:
Back