• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need advice on IDFC WOW Credit card

gowthamselvam

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi all,

Self received pre-approved FD back IDFC WOW credit card.
Self already hold IDFC Select Credit card.
Is it benefial to apply for WOW card ?
Kindly share your advice in this regard.
Thank in Advance.

Regards
Gowtham s

Attachments

• WOW Card.jpg
    WOW Card.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 54
That’s bizzare. Could you elaborate on this? Is this fee charged by IDFC or the atm abroad?
Looks like it is charged by Foreign bank for using non local card (Indian Card). I was charged this at Deutsche bank ATM and one more bank ATM I checked was also charging. But SBI ATM or ICICI ATM in foreign country may not charge this (unverified)

Looks like it is charged by Foreign bank for using non local card (Indian Card). I was charged this at Deutsche bank ATM and one more bank ATM I checked was also charging. But SBI ATM or ICICI ATM in foreign country may not charge this (unverified)
Yes this is normal. Most atms will detect foreign bank cards and charge you a fee. Try to avoid foreign atms and go with the local bank atms of that country. They will be the cheapest options. Or you can do some research and find fee free atms at the country you’d be visiting.

Yes I have withdrawn Cash in Singapore earlier this year in ATM via this card. Works quite well. It is interest free till the due date payment and has zero percent markup. 199+GST is charged!

However if you withdraw using some foreign bank ATM, then one time fees of 8 dollars is also charged (as interchange fees by that bank). It may not be charged though for local bank ATMs like SBI etc. In some countries our banks have AT

Or you can do some research and find fee free atms at the country you’d be visiting.
Exactly. Like Eximbank in Vietnam does not charge any fees.

Back