• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need card suggestions for income tax payment

Pravas

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi all,

Please suggest me a good credit card for income tax payment of 4+ lakhs for my parents.

I have gone through a lot of posts in the forum but couldn't find latest information after IDFC wealth devaluation

Cards I considered so far
1. SC smart earn - 1K cap per month. Won't work for me.
2. SC ultimate: shitty reward redemption option
3. Amex platinum travel: Not sure if amex is supported in incometax portal and whether the spends will be counted towards milestone.

Current cards that I have may give me some rewards
1. ICICI Amazon pay
2. IDFC wealth

Thanks in advance for your valuable time and suggestions.

Is there any thread for consolidated details on reward points for income tax payments using credit card or debit card?

Does icici amazon pay credit card give any points for tax payments ?

Tomorrow I will go to the nearest bank for biz black as a floater card of my infinia.
Anyone has any advice on how to approach this ?

Anyone has any advice on how to approach this ?

Marlon Brando Godfather GIF by Filmin

Hi all,

Please suggest me a good credit card for income tax payment of 4+ lakhs for my parents.

I have gone through a lot of posts in the forum but couldn't find latest information after IDFC wealth devaluation

Cards I considered so far
1. SC smart earn - 1K cap per month. Won't work for me.
2. SC ultimate: shitty reward redemption option
3. Amex platinum travel: Not sure if amex is supported in incometax portal and whether the spends will be counted towards milestone.

Current cards that I have may give me some rewards
1. ICICI Amazon pay
2. IDFC wealth

Thanks in advance for your valuable time and suggestions.
Bhai wealth idfc pe govt transaction 1x me aayegi ya 3x me ?

Kotak white gives 27000 Amazon pay on 12 lakh tax payment
Ha bhai, I asked in customer care, there is no exclusions on spends in Kotak white. It comes around 1%, but huge drawback is that we need to spend minimum 2 lacs. Cashback value is 1 RP = 0.70 Rupees in statement.

₹2 lakh​
₹2,000​
₹2,000​
[td]
Spend milestone*
[/td]
[td]
White Pass value you earn
[/td]
[td]
Cumulative White Pass value
[/td]​

As it is mentioned in the form, it’s paid but you can get your joining fee back if you fulfill the spending criteria.
You can use the form and go to a nearest bank to submit the application or talk to your RM. I am yet to see someone getting the card via this route. I talked to my RM about this, he said it’s possible even with any FD amount but I need to have current account with them. On the other side I another non HDFC person he said it’s not a requirement to have current account with hdfc.
I've actually gotten Biz black by simply walking into the branch and asking for it lol. And I don't have any business relationship with HDFC, but I do have an account with them. Nothing fancy like imperia, just preferred banking. They didn't ask for any documents etc, simply asked me to fill the form and within 5 days, I've got my card.

I've actually gotten Biz black by simply walking into the branch and asking for it lol. And I don't have any business relationship with HDFC, but I do have an account with them. Nothing fancy like imperia, just preferred banking. They didn't ask for any documents etc, simply asked me to fill the form and within 5 days, I've got my card.
Biz black Ltf mila bhai ?

I have DinersClub Black, ICICI Amazon Pay, ICICI Sapphiro, IDFC wealth, Yes Reserv, SBI Cashback.
Would any give me any benefit for income tax advance payment ?

Just checked myself... Did not complete the transaction but the pg page let me fill my amex details .. guess in a week i can try!
I guess rewards will be only possible if Amex gold/platinum is used. I have just tried with Amex plat travel and gold both if rewards gets credited will update.

Back