• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need Credit Card Suggestions for Travel and Rewards Based on Specific Expenses

adi.maurya

TF Buzz
Hey everyone,

First post here. Kinda nervous, but please bear me it's a knowledge request for someone dear and I look upto.

I hope you’re all doing well! I need some advice on behalf of my jiju, who is very open to exploring new credit card options. Recently, while I was having a discussion with my dad about something related to a credit card quoting a post from this forum, my jiju got interested and went ahead asking if I could suggest him such. Me being me, since I’m the elder one and don’t want to mess up with wrong advice, I thought I’d reach out to this community for some expert opinions. (sorry for the bg story, thought to put out the reason before asking to make it a bit interesting rather a mundane one sided post).

Coming to the points, he loves to travel and is looking for a credit card (or multiple cards) that can help him earn points and redeem them for flight tickets and other travel-related expenses. He’s not aiming for luxury stays like the Taj but wants to make the most of his points for flights and occasional experiences for the expenses he does, monthly / annually once.

Here are his details:

• Annual Salary: ₹20-25 lakhs
  • Monthly / Annually Expenses: Attached in image below
  • Primary Goal: Earn points to redeem for flight tickets and travel discounts
  • Secondary Goal: Occasionally use points for experiences like hotel stays
Given these details, could you please suggest the best credit card(s) that would maximize his rewards based on his spending patterns? Any advice on how to strategically use these cards to get the most out of the rewards would also be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

WhatsApp Image 2024-09-07 at 10.24.29 PM.webp

Hence, there are no major like shopping, travel, et cetera.
For gas and fuel in case of Bharat petroleum you can opt, SBI octane BPCL card , for insurance payment, you can opt Amazon pay as it gives 1% and also can apply for Hdfc Tata Neuinfinity card, which gives you around 5% Neu coins.
For payments like maintenance , you can pay using third party Applications like housing.com et cetera As many credit cards has set an limit , But in case, there are direct payments, you can offer American Express platinum travel credit card or Axis Atlas or any Air India cobranded card
Hey everyone,

First post here. Kinda nervous, but please bear me it's a knowledge request for someone dear and I look upto.

I hope you’re all doing well! I need some advice on behalf of my jiju, who is very open to exploring new credit card options. Recently, while I was having a discussion with my dad about something related to a credit card quoting a post from this forum, my jiju got interested and went ahead asking if I could suggest him such. Me being me, since I’m the elder one and don’t want to mess up with wrong advice, I thought I’d reach out to this community for some expert opinions. (sorry for the bg story, thought to put out the reason before asking to make it a bit interesting rather a mundane one sided post).

Coming to the points, he loves to travel and is looking for a credit card (or multiple cards) that can help him earn points and redeem them for flight tickets and other travel-related expenses. He’s not aiming for luxury stays like the Taj but wants to make the most of his points for flights and occasional experiences for the expenses he does, monthly / annually once.

Here are his details:

• Annual Salary: ₹20-25 lakhs
  • Monthly / Annually Expenses: Attached in image below
  • Primary Goal: Earn points to redeem for flight tickets and travel discounts
  • Secondary Goal: Occasionally use points for experiences like hotel stays
Given these details, could you please suggest the best credit card(s) that would maximize his rewards based on his spending patterns? Any advice on how to strategically use these cards to get the most out of the rewards would also be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

View attachment 67950

Back