• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need guidance from LTF cards to premium

Hello TF Community, I am a new user and have been exploring the community for a few days. So far, the discussions here have enriched me so much that I now wish I had come to the community a lot sooner than I have. It was this community that made me aware of terms such as LTF, FYF, LE and NTB. So, Thank you TF community.
Below are my details and queries. I am still new to this credit card game and this community, so pardon me if I am not aware of certain things. I hope to learn from you guys and, then, one day, help others.

Credit Card Portfolio:
(1) Amazon Pay ICICI: (5.2 L) (LTF) (3 Y 6 M old)
(2) Au LIT: (70K) (LTF) (6 M old)
(3) Axis Neo: (3L) (LTF) (5 M old)
(4) IndusInd Visa Platinum: (5L) (LTF) (4 M old)
(5) HSBC Visa Platinum: (1.5L) (LTF) (3 M old)
(6) PNB Select Rupay: (1L) (LTF - have to use it once a quarter) (3 M old)
(7) Standard Chartered Visa Platinum: (3.25L) (LTF) (2 M old)
(8) BoB Premier Visa: (2L) (LTF) (3 M old)

Recent Rejections/decline in applications:
(1) One Card - only shows FD backed card from Federal Bank. Despite many Emails, no luck here.
(2) Axis Airtel - I tried applying using another Mobile Number as suggested by Community members, EKYC/VKYC done, but application was declined due to Bank's internal policies. May be Axis doesn't approve new card application within 6 months of older card approval - My application for Axis Neo was approved in Nov-23.
(3) Federal Bank - Tried applying on their web portal. After CIBIL fetch, they denied saying Bank's internal policies.
(4) ICICI Bank - After the application online and CIBIL fetch, their system shows I am not eligible for any of their cards at the moment. (wanted ICICI platinum and coral)
(5) Canara Bank - Despite having my salary account and FDs with them, they don't show any pre-approved offers. After the application online, their systems show I am not eligible for any of their cards at the moment. (Not that I care, but I just wanted to have a Canara Bank Credit card to add to the portfolio).
(6) IDFC Bank - after many days, their system finally shows IDFC Select card with 3.25L limit without income proof, but I want to get my hands on their Wealth card. Despite many Emails and entering higher salary etc, the system still shows Select card. The system does show Wealth card, but requires bank statement of salary credits of the last 3 months. I guess my salary details do not fit with their high income criteria for wealth card. However, in the hope of getting the Wealth card, I have not taken the Classic Card.
(7) HDFC Bank - I am shown moneyback and Swiggy cards after application. I have learnt from this Community that If you get any of these or co-branded cards, your chances of getting core cards go down. So, I have not applied for them at the moment.

Accounts at present:
I have a salary account in Canara Bank, a Savings account in SBI and Savings-FD accounts in Bank of Baroda.

Spends on cards:
My spends are not much. They are mainly groceries, utility bills/recharges, occasional online/offline shopping and occasional train/flight bookings. I don't order food online that much. My spends don't allow me, on the whole, to go for conditional fee-waiver cards as I won't be able to recover the fee as far as I can see.

Other details:
(1) Living in Delhi, so no issue of serviceable pin codes.
(2) CIBIL: 777, Experian: 857 - CIBIL went down 4 points recently due to many enquiries.
(3) ITR - around 15 LPA.

Queries/Guidance sought:
(1) I have learnt from the community that there are, generally, 4 ways of getting better cards:
- Opening SB and/or FD accounts with a particular bank, and waiting for pre-approved offer,
- Getting LTF cards (with or without account depending on the profile), using them for sometime and then asking for upgrades,
- Getting paid cards, using them for sometime and then asking LTF upgrades and/or better cards with LTF,
- Trying the C2C method (in most cases, visiting the branch) to get lower/mid-premium credit cards with paid/FYF/LTF status.

With the above in mind, how should I go about from hereon? Should I seek other LTF cards once the CIBIL stabilizes? or wait and try for lower/mid-premium cards? What process should I adopt? Any other thing that I am not aware of or anything that I am doing wrong? Again, my spends are not that high to allow me conditional fee waivers. I know I am being a little ambitious here with my low spends, but what's the harm in trying....

(2) What other cards should I target in 2024 based on my profile and spends?

I hope I was clear with my profile and needs. Any suggestion/information is welcome. Thanx in advance. TF community rocks.​

Hello TF Community, I am a new user and have been exploring the community for a few days. So far, the discussions here have enriched me so much that I now wish I had come to the community a lot sooner than I have. It was this community that made me aware of terms such as LTF, FYF, LE and NTB. So, Thank you TF community.
Below are my details and queries. I am still new to this credit card game and this community, so pardon me if I am not aware of certain things. I hope to learn from you guys and, then, one day, help others.

Credit Card Portfolio:

(1) One Card - only shows FD backed card from Federal Bank. Despite many Emails, no luck here.
(2) Axis Airtel - I tried applying using another Mobile Number as suggested by Community members, EKYC/VKYC done, but application was declined due to Bank's internal policies. May be Axis doesn't approve new card application within 6 months of older card approval - My application for Axis Neo was approved in Nov-23.
(3) Federal Bank - Tried applying on their web portal. After CIBIL fetch, they denied saying Bank's internal policies.
(4) ICICI Bank - After the application online and CIBIL fetch, their system shows I am not eligible for any of their cards at the moment. (wanted ICICI platinum and coral)
(5) Canara Bank - Despite having my salary account and FDs with them, they don't show any pre-approved offers. After the application online, their systems show I am not eligible for any of their cards at the moment. (Not that I care, but I just wanted to have a Canara Bank Credit card to add to the portfolio).
(6) IDFC Bank - after many days, their system finally shows IDFC Select card with 3.25L limit without income proof, but I want to get my hands on their Wealth card. Despite many Emails and entering higher salary etc, the system still shows Select card. The system does show Wealth card, but requires bank statement of salary credits of the last 3 months. I guess my salary details do not fit with their high income criteria for wealth card. However, in the hope of getting the Wealth card, I have not taken the Classic Card.
(7) HDFC Bank - I am shown moneyback and Swiggy cards after application. I have learnt from this Community that If you get any of these or co-branded cards, your chances of getting core cards go down. So, I have not applied for them at the moment.

Accounts at present:
I have a salary account in Canara Bank, a Savings account in SBI and Savings-FD accounts in Bank of Baroda.

Spends on cards:
My spends are not much. They are mainly groceries, utility bills/recharges, occasional online/offline shopping and occasional train/flight bookings. I don't order food online that much. My spends don't allow me, on the whole, to go for conditional fee-waiver cards as I won't be able to recover the fee as far as I can see.

Other details:
(2) CIBIL: 777, Experian: 857 - CIBIL went down 4 points recently due to many enquiries.
(3) ITR - around 15 LPA.

Queries/Guidance sought:
(1) I have learnt from the community that there are, generally, 4 ways of getting better cards:
- Opening SB and/or FD accounts with a particular bank, and waiting for pre-approved offer,
- Getting LTF cards (with or without account depending on the profile), using them for sometime and then asking for upgrades,
- Getting paid cards, using them for sometime and then asking LTF upgrades and/or better cards with LTF,
- Trying the C2C method (in most cases, visiting the branch) to get lower/mid-premium credit cards with paid/FYF/LTF status.

With the above in mind, how should I go about from hereon? Should I seek other LTF cards once the CIBIL stabilizes? or wait and try for lower/mid-premium cards? What process should I adopt? Any other thing that I am not aware of or anything that I am doing wrong? Again, my spends are not that high to allow me conditional fee waivers. I know I am being a little ambitious here with my low spends, but what's the harm in trying....

I hope I was clear with my profile and needs. Any suggestion/information is welcome. Thanx in advance. TF community rocks.​
Just open a account in HDFC and keep 50k for few month ,easily get core cards as preapproved.

Credit Card Portfolio:

Accounts at present:

Spends on cards:

Other details:
(3) ITR - around 15 LPA.

Queries/Guidance sought:

In my honest opinion you have learned very much from TF and it appears you are active in this community.

Frankly speaking u dont need any advice and you are in perfectly path.

Just keep going

You already have EIGHT cards.

With low to very moderate use, this itself is more than what you need.

Remember, CCs are credit products. It is ideal to have only few CCs - NOT ALL - just to meet unforeseen urgent expenses, if any.

Unless you are a high spender or with a high flyer lifestyle, premium card is equal to any other basic card you already have.

So, focus on MEETING your needs than focusing on getting more cards.

(4) ICICI Bank - After the application online and CIBIL fetch, their system shows I am not eligible for any of their cards at the moment. (wanted ICICI platinum and coral)​
Get icici expressions card from imobile or call cc

6. IDFC is the next to indus, dfc bots cares of your past data only, there's no use how many times you re-edit. Simply raise sr to del card application via calling cc

6. IDFC is the next to indus, dfc bots cares of your past data only, there's no use how many times you re-edit. Simply raise sr to del card application via calling cc
Alright. Thanx. I will ask them to delete my old applications.

• Hehe
Reactions: Rkr

I have fd based platinum if i get expression card will that be different from fd or same or they won't give it

I have fd based platinum if i get expression card will that be different from fd or same or they won't give it
From fd card, try to get amazon pay and in this way your amazon pay becomes unsecured card, now close your fd card and after few months try to get platinum or expressions on the basis of amazon pay CC..

Expression card will not be processed for fd based card
It got processed got sr number.
I thought this is also way from fd to unsecured 😁
From fd card, try to get amazon pay and in this way your amazon pay becomes unsecured card, now close your fd card and after few months try to get platinum or expressions on the basis of amazon pay CC..
Yes i m gonna do this thats why got the card but 70 days wait for me to apply again 🥸

How is the Expressions card useful? It's not LTF, right?

Credit Card Portfolio:

Accounts at present:

Spends on cards:

Other details:
(3) ITR - around 15 LPA.

Queries/Guidance sought:

Jab itna bada post likhe to questions ko highlight kar diya karein... Main objective miss ho jaata hai

Jab itna bada post likhe to questions ko highlight kar diya karein... Main objective miss ho jaata hai
The user outlines their queries and seeks guidance on the following points:

1. Strategy for obtaining better credit cards:
    • Whether to focus on obtaining more lifetime free (LTF) cards or wait for pre-approved offers.
    • Whether to aim for paid cards initially and then request upgrades to LTF or better cards.
    • Exploring the C2C method for acquiring lower or mid-premium cards with favorable terms.
  2. Recommendations for additional credit cards based on their profile and spending habits for the year 2024.
The user acknowledges their relatively low spending capacity and seeks advice on maximizing their credit card benefits within their constraints.

Overall, the user seeks comprehensive advice and strategies from the TF community to optimize their credit card portfolio and enhance their financial well-being.

• Whether to focus on obtaining more lifetime free (LTF) cards or wait for pre-approved offers.
    • Whether to aim for paid cards initially and then request upgrades to LTF or better cards.
    • Exploring the C2C method for acquiring lower or mid-premium cards with favorable terms.
  2. Recommendations for additional credit cards based on their profile and spending habits for the year 2024.
The user acknowledges their relatively low spending capacity and seeks advice on maximizing their credit card benefits within their constraints.

Overall, the user seeks comprehensive advice and strategies from the TF community to optimize their credit card portfolio and enhance their financial well-being.
Waise elaborate to aapne bhi kaafi kar dita... Par thik hai... Phone ki ek screen mein to aa rha hai atleast 🤣

Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra user? 🤔

Back