• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need help and suggestions regarding CIBIL

kiwi195

TF Select
My father had a loan with Capital First Bank during 2008 which was closed with timely payments. However, the account is shown as settled in his CIBIL report even with no due amount. Since then, capital first merged with IDFC Bank and now the 'settled' account shows under IDFC bank. Kindly let me know as to what I should do and how I should proceed with the same. CIBIL is the only report I can see it on, it does not exist on experian. I am attaching an image for the same

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-07-29 at 18.11.49.webp
    WhatsApp Image 2024-07-29 at 18.11.49.webp
    17.4 KB · Views: 13
My father had a loan with Capital First Bank during 2008 which was closed with timely payments. However, the account is shown as settled in his CIBIL report even with no due amount. Since then, capital first merged with IDFC Bank and now the 'settled' account shows under IDFC bank. Kindly let me know as to what I should do and how I should proceed with the same. CIBIL is the only report I can see it on, it does not exist on experian. I am attaching an image for the same
You need to have some documentary evidence like NOC or something like that to prove that it was closed normally..

what is the current CIBIL score and experian score in this case as of now.?

You need to have some documentary evidence like NOC or something like that to prove that it was closed normally..

what is the current CIBIL score and experian score in this case as of now.?
The loan was closed around 14-15 years ago, he was not much informed about the need of NOC back then. Is there any way to get in touch with the bank and find a resolution?
Current CIBIL is 729, experian is 759.

Update: just found out from dad he forclosed the loan

The loan was closed around 14-15 years ago, he was not much informed about the need of NOC back then. Is there any way to get in touch with the bank and find a resolution?
Current CIBIL is 729, experian is 759.
do you have any corresondence with reragrd to this? in any form .. we need something..
anyway ask IDFC and see what they say..
you can even show them experian report as well... but try to gather some sort of eveindence..

do you have any corresondence with reragrd to this? in any form .. we need something..
anyway ask IDFC and see what they say..
you can even show them experian report as well... but try to gather some sort of eveindence..
The payment was done at the branch back then (most likely via cheque) which has closed since. Where should I reach out to IDFC? Should I directly reach out to the Nodal officer for this concern?

The payment was done at the branch back then (most likely via cheque) which has closed since. Where should I reach out to IDFC? Should I directly reach out to the Nodal officer for this concern?
Nope connect with customer care or mail them to there normal customer care mail than after 3/5 business days escalate it to nodal. After 11/12 days knock on rbi.

Update: Upon refreshing score recently, we found out the account is now closed.
Simply sent an email to PNO and received a phone call which my dad could not pick up. Surprisingly there was no follow up, yet the account is now closed

Back