• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need help in porting.

AritraSaha

TF Legend
Hi everyone,

I'm planning to port my number from Airtel to Jio. I'm wondering how long the porting process takes. I'm also wondering if I can use UPI when my SIM is disabled during the porting process. If not, what is the best alternative?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kuldeep khola

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone,

I'm planning to port my number from Airtel to Jio. I'm wondering how long the porting process takes. I'm also wondering if I can use UPI when my SIM is disabled during the porting process. If not, what is the best alternative?

It's take 3 days after document submitted.
Old Sim deactivated after new Sim active.
So U can use UPI

BeingIncog

TF Ace
Hi everyone,

3-4 days. you can use registered upi in that time frame also network might be gone for a night or so. so your old network i.e. airtel won't be disconnected night before port process is complete.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Hi everyone,

i have done this in march 2023, so it took just 2 working day and on 3rd day airtel network was gone and jio network started working. and you can't use your sim obviously so try to port in the morning so within next 2 day on 2nd day night and when you woke up check for network and switch after confirmation of no network on airtel.

funatlearn

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Does incoming sms works after no recharge on jio. I will port secondary sim to jio as I am frustrated to do 155 recharge..one recharge every few months is fine. Also if we recharge jio phone plan, will incoming work on putting that sim to smartphone
I heard mtnl has free incoming but if sim is lost duplicate sim is an issue

AritraSaha

TF Legend
Ohh, so basically there is not significant timegape between my old sim stopped and new sim activation..

I thought i have wait i have to wait for 2-3 days without call,sms😅

Strange

TF Legend
Hi everyone,

Porting process takes around five days to complete. Your sim will be closed for just two hours in night around 10pm to 12pm. You can apply for MNP through Jio website then Jio agent will visit at your address to complete the MNP process.

Strange

TF Legend
Does incoming sms works after no recharge on jio. I will port secondary sim to jio as I am frustrated to do 155 recharge..one recharge every few months is fine. Also if we recharge jio phone plan, will incoming work on putting that sim to smartphone
I heard mtnl has free incoming but if sim is lost duplicate sim is an issue
You will get incoming sms without any plan. You can recharge with 119 plan after every three months to keep your number active.

MOhit __

TF Ace
Contributor
Hi everyone,

It takes 2-3 days if you request via JIO App and the SIM is never get disabled.
At night between 11-12, when your SIM indicates no network, insert a JIO sim and I believe they block incoming and outgoing SMS for 7-8 hours.