• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need help on HDFC Bank account Transfer to Other Branch

bibak

TF Select
I recently applied to transfer my HDFC account to rural area from my city where the minimum balance required is 10000 to new branch where I need to maintain 5000..

I applied on 2nd May for transfer and the branch told me it will take 7 days all work done ..

But till now my account is not transferred to rural branch. Today I called customer care but they said they don't have any updates regarding this ..

Arranged a call back from branch tomorrow morning..

Any one can help regarding this. Should I close the old account and open a new one . Or wait for the reply..

Current balance 60k .
Account was opened dec 2022.

Attachments

• IMG_20230510_192454.jpg
    IMG_20230510_192454.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 66

chenrichy

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I recently applied to transfer my HDFC account to rural area from my city where the minimum balance required is 10000 to new branch where I need to maintain 5000..

I applied on 2nd May for transfer and the branch told me it will take 7 days all work done ..

But till now my account is not transferred to rural branch. Today I called customer care but they said they don't have any updates regarding this ..

Arranged a call back from branch tomorrow morning..

Any one can help regarding this. Should I close the old account and open a new one . Or wait for the reply..

Current balance 60k .
Account was opened dec 2022.
Did you try to transfer your account to new branch via offline? by visiting new branch?

Since in my case in Chennai I have transferred my account into my nearby branch by visiting the branch and it was done by within 6 hours.

Write mail to HDFC customer care from your registered mail id to check the status

Don't close the account instead wait for the update.

bibak

TF Select
Did you try to transfer your account to new branch via offline? by visiting new branch?

Since in my case in Chennai I have transferred my account into my nearby branch by visiting the branch and it was done by within 6 hours.

Write mail to HDFC customer care from your registered mail id to check the status

Don't close the account instead wait for the update.
I did offline by visiting the branch .. i talked to customer card but they said there is no update about this ..

Can you provide the email address where should I mail them about this ..

bibak

TF Select
Main problem is i don't want to maintain 10k for which I choose the option for transfer of branch .

But now I have no option except closing the old one and opening the new one as I have been waiting since 2nd of May..

chenrichy

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I did offline by visiting the branch .. i talked to customer card but they said there is no update about this ..

Can you provide the email address where should I mail them about this ..

bibak

TF Select
Today again i visited the branch as the customer care have created a ticket I'd ..

The branch again did the same things like took kyc concent and took adhar .. and told wait till Tuesday it will be done ..

But still have doubt that it will be done let's seen on next Tuesday..

bibak

TF Select
Today again i called my branch for the update he says the documents is pending to send at the head office and it will take three more days for transfer..
So lazy branch i am sad 😢..

panu24

TF Ace
HDFC is slow in processing service requests. Their service request numbers also came late by SMS.
For me it took 7 days for account transfer from older branch to new branch but they did not inform me when transfer completed. I keep checking online netbanking when branch will change.

bibak

TF Select
HDFC is slow in processing service requests. Their service request numbers also came late by SMS.
For me it took 7 days for account transfer from older branch to new branch but they did not inform me when transfer completed. I keep checking online netbanking when branch will change.
Same problem here bro .. i am doing this from 2nd may , i visited the branch 3 times and today same lazyness.

bibak

TF Select
I have another option is to closed the old account and open the new account to the required branch will this work .. closing of account takes how much time in hdfc .

sheru

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If I'm not wrong, MAB requirement once tagged to any account doesn't change, on branch change.
So your 10k MAB acc won't change to 5k MAB on branch change.*
Only option is to open a new acc with 5k MAB and close old one.

*But if it does, get it on mail from your RM or CCare.

bibak

TF Select
If I'm not wrong, MAB requirement once tagged to any account doesn't change, on branch change.
So your 10k MAB acc won't change to 5k MAB on branch change.*
Only option is to open a new acc with 5k MAB and close old one.

*But if it does, get it on mail from your RM or CCare.
No this is not correct as the account is transferred to rural branch and more over i already told the staff for minimum balance to 5000 so they transfered it

sheru

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
No this is not correct as the account is transferred to rural branch and more over i already told the staff for minimum balance to 5000 so they transfered it
If that's the case then good. Earlier they were not changing the MAB. I had enquired about it around 1.5-2 yrs ago.