• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need Help Picking a Credit Card for Groceries and departmental store spends!

VibhavBilgoji

TF Premier
Hey everyone,

I'm on the hunt for a new credit card to use for my regular shopping trips to grocery stores and department stores. Ideally, I'd like a card that offers good cashback or rewards on these purchases, but without a high minimum spend requirement to qualify for those benefits.

Since I shop at a variety of stores, it would be great if the card is widely accepted at most department stores. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Here's what I'm looking for:

• Great rewards/cashback on groceries and department stores: Earning some money back on my everyday purchases would be a big plus.
  • Low minimum transaction value for rewards: I don't want to have to worry about meeting a high spending threshold each month to qualify for cashback or rewards.
  • Widely accepted at department stores: The flexibility to use the card at most major department stores is important.
Any advice from the credit card gurus out there would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

IDFC power cards give 2.5% and 5% on groceries and utilities.
but is departmental stores included in it?
is there a way to find out?

Not worth it... They charge a redemption fee and also since its a 'points per' structure, you might lose a fair portion of reward.
hmm what about icici HPCL card?
does it charge a fee aswell?
i already have 3 icici card, but i only use the APay one, others are only for offers, and thats why i didn't even bother to check if it has a redemption fee or not

hmm what about icici HPCL card?
does it charge a fee aswell?
i already have 3 icici card, but i only use the APay one, others are only for offers, and thats why i didn't even bother to check if it has a redemption fee or not
Yes, they charge too... Additionally, does ICICI even allow statement credits? I don't expect their redemption options to be compelling...
i don't wanna pay 499 + GST only for 0.5% extra cashback, and while i have a LTF neu infinity, there isn't any good way to redeem those neu coins, as bigbasket doesn't deliver to my address either🥺
Can't you pay bills with Neu coins? (IDK)

One Card ✨

Valid till Mar 31 2024 (Usually same offers repeat every month)

Get minimum 10% value back on grocery shopping.

Special offers:
Dmart - Get 20% value back up to 500/- on minimum transaction of 500/-

Vishal Mega Mart: Get 20% value back up to 500/- on minimum transaction of 300/-

More: Get 20% value back up to 500/- on minimum transaction of 100/-

Reliance SMART- Reliance fresh: Get 20% value back up to 500/- on minimum transaction of 100/-

Spencers: Get 20% value back up to 500/- on minimum transaction of 200/-

Onecard
They are running grocery offers from last 3/4 months
20% cashback upto 500 on big departmental (once per store)
i wanted to have Onecard, but there is some problem with the onescore app
like it detects some wrong PAN card, and therefore i am not able to verify the DOB.
i asked the customer service aswell, even they don't have any idea.

One Card ✨

Valid till Mar 31 2024 (Usually same offers repeat every month)

Get minimum 10% value back on grocery shopping.

Special offers:

Dmart - Get 20% value back up to 500/- on minimum transaction of 500/-

Vishal Mega Mart: Get 20% value back up to 500/- on minimum transaction of 300/-

More: Get 20% value back up to 500/- on minimum transaction of 100/-

Reliance SMART- Reliance fresh: Get 20% value back up to 500/- on minimum transaction of 100/-

Spencers: Get 20% value back up to 500/- on minimum transaction of 200/-

Cashback % Depends on Location.

At my Location it is 12% upto 500 .

Back