• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need Help Regarding 2 ICICI Accounts

ashok.singh

TF Buzz
Hello friends,

I had an ICICI bank savings account which I wasn't utilising at all and I also have 3 ICICI bank credit cards with 5 lakhs limit.
When I login the imobile app color was changed to maroon and it showed as preferred account on net banking,
however, I recently charged for debit card fees Rs 199+GST and I noticed I had basic debit card.

So I read about ICICI bank accounts here on technofino and got to know that I can get this account upgraded to zero MAB ICICI wealth management account and a MC world DC LTF on the basis of my credit cards limit.
When I contacted CC they asked to contact RM and RM asked to contact nearest branch. However, branch staff told me to get a new Wealth account with 10L IP but later agreed on 5L IP when I told him that I know about wealth management account details and zero MAB based on cc limit. (thanks to TF community :) )

Now the new RM who is from branch, had linked my new account to my old account and it is showing well in the imobile app.

But here is the issue, I see the app color as orange and noticed that old account is a primary account and this new wealth account is secondary account. How can I get this corrected? The RM suggested me to close the old account and this way this issue can get resolved. Is there any other way to resolve this issue? I tried login to imobile with new account debit card but it is showing the same interface with old account as primary one.

Also, can I ask them to refund the DC charges in old account? Please suggest.

Regards,
Ashok

@SSV bro, please suggest in this regard.
Hello friends,

I had an ICICI bank savings account which I wasn't utilising at all and I also have 3 ICICI bank credit cards with 5 lakhs limit.
When I login the imobile app color was changed to maroon and it showed as preferred account on net banking,
however, I recently charged for debit card fees Rs 199+GST and I noticed I had basic debit card.

So I read about ICICI bank accounts here on technofino and got to know that I can get this account upgraded to zero MAB ICICI wealth management account and a MC world DC LTF on the basis of my credit cards limit.
When I contacted CC they asked to contact RM and RM asked to contact nearest branch. However, branch staff told me to get a new Wealth account with 10L IP but later agreed on 5L IP when I told him that I know about wealth management account details and zero MAB based on cc limit. (thanks to TF community :) )

Now the new RM who is from branch, had linked my new account to my old account and it is showing well in the imobile app.

But here is the issue, I see the app color as orange and noticed that old account is a primary account and this new wealth account is secondary account. How can I get this corrected? The RM suggested me to close the old account and this way this issue can get resolved. Is there any other way to resolve this issue? I tried login to imobile with new account debit card but it is showing the same interface with old account as primary one.

Regards,
Ashok
@SSV bro, please suggest in this regard.

Reactions: SSV
Hello friends,

Regards,
Ashok
So, now you have two SB accounts,
1) preferred
2) WM

and by default it is showing preferred as primary when logged into iMobile and you want to change your primary account .. right
what is the purpose? what are you losing by current set up?

So, now you have two SB accounts,
1) preferred
2) WM

and by default it is showing preferred as primary when logged into iMobile and you want to change your primary account .. right
what is the purpose? what are you losing by current set up?

Yes, because I cannot see wealth management account benefits like free credit score and black branding (this is secondary though). And also, if I am missing any other WM account benefits.

Yes, because I cannot see wealth management account benefits like free credit score and black branding (this is secondary though). And also, if I am missing any other WM account benefits.
do you have only one login or two logins?
what happens when you login to Net banking?

Balck theme is gone now.. everyone is getting Orange theme only..
the only other benefit is : WM MC DC free. this you can get after calling WM CC..
when you call CC ask them if you are under WM or not?
Have you called CC and asked any of these questions??

the only other benefit is : WM MC DC free. this you can get after calling WM CC..
Hmm, okay. I didn't know the app theme is orange for WM as well.
Only one login but 2 customer IDs. When I login I can see that new account is WM and zero MAB is mentioned however old account is still showing MAB 10K.

I have received the WM MC DC with the WM kit.
yes, I did call to CC and they confirmed that this account is WM.

Reactions: SSV

Is the free CIBIL score feature removed for WM accounts as well bro?

Hmm, okay. I didn't know the app theme is orange for WM as well.
Only one login but 2 customer IDs. When I login I can see that new account is WM and zero MAB is mentioned however old account is still showing MAB 10K.

I have received the WM MC DC with the WM kit.
yes, I did call to CC and they confirmed that this account is WM.

what do you see when you login to net banking?

No.. it is now again introduced for WM account very recently..

it is showing me the CIBIL score card but when I click on it, it is asking to pay Rs 400!

And is new theme for your app version is also orange instead of black as shown in these SS?

it is showing me the CIBIL score card but when I click on it, it is asking to pay Rs 400!

And is new theme for your app version is also orange instead of black as shown in these SS?
correct .. my new theme in the app is orange..

Please let me know what you can see in the netbanking not the app..

ookay then .. now there is an issue that need to be sorted out..

what does CC say about this default old account issue? can they not chage priamry account??
yes, when I asked CC, he told that they don't have any option to do that. Please contact your RM.
RM suggested to close the old account. Both of these RM don't have any idea about this primary secondary account thing! They just want to waste others time and their own time by suggesting Dmat account and ULIP plans again and again!

yes, when I asked CC, he told that they don't have any option to do that. Please contact your RM.
RM suggested to close the old account. Both of these RM don't have any idea about this primary secondary account thing! They just want to waste others time and their own time by suggesting Dmat account and ULIP plans again and again!
okay let me think about it.. I had not read about this multi account setup nor I had any experience..
will try to contact someone I know in ICICI and see if they can be helpful.. let revidt this next week..
or
hope someone with experince will share their view here..

Ask CC/RM to upgrade your old account to Wealth Management as now you're a Wealth customer. They can do that, I have got my old accounts upgraded to the new account's variant in the past.

How old is your first account? If it's old enough and holds vintage value then I would suggest for you to hold on to it.

okay let me think about it.. I had not read about this multi account setup nor I had any experience..
will try to contact someone I know in ICICI and see if they can be helpful.. let revidt this next week..
or
hope someone with experince will share their view here..
Ok, please let me know if you find any info regarding this. 🥰

Ask CC/RM to upgrade your old account to Wealth Management as now you're a Wealth customer. They can do that, I have got my old accounts upgraded to the new account's variant in the past.

How old is your first account? If it's old enough and holds vintage value then I would suggest for you to hold on to it.
I asked my RM to add old account to my WM account under family banking. He said why not close the old account. I said it’s an old account and I could have another MC world card and that too LTF, why not get another. My old account is more than a decade old account. Is there any benefits having an old account bro?

Hello friends,

Regards,
Ashok

2 questions before I can give you any solution:

1) Is mobile number same in both the accounts?? I think no because I have also 2 accounts and my mobile nos are different.

2) When have you opened Wealth account?

Back