• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need Help Regarding 2 ICICI Accounts

ashok.singh

TF Buzz
Hello friends,

I had an ICICI bank savings account which I wasn't utilising at all and I also have 3 ICICI bank credit cards with 5 lakhs limit.
When I login the imobile app color was changed to maroon and it showed as preferred account on net banking,
however, I recently charged for debit card fees Rs 199+GST and I noticed I had basic debit card.

So I read about ICICI bank accounts here on technofino and got to know that I can get this account upgraded to zero MAB ICICI wealth management account and a MC world DC LTF on the basis of my credit cards limit.
When I contacted CC they asked to contact RM and RM asked to contact nearest branch. However, branch staff told me to get a new Wealth account with 10L IP but later agreed on 5L IP when I told him that I know about wealth management account details and zero MAB based on cc limit. (thanks to TF community :) )

Now the new RM who is from branch, had linked my new account to my old account and it is showing well in the imobile app.

But here is the issue, I see the app color as orange and noticed that old account is a primary account and this new wealth account is secondary account. How can I get this corrected? The RM suggested me to close the old account and this way this issue can get resolved. Is there any other way to resolve this issue? I tried login to imobile with new account debit card but it is showing the same interface with old account as primary one.

Also, can I ask them to refund the DC charges in old account? Please suggest.

Regards,
Ashok

1) mobile number is same in both accounts.
2) Last week only.

So that's why this issue is coming.

Ideally if you have different number for Wealth account then I would have you the solution to Login iMobile using your Wealth account Mobile number and link your credit cards & other accounts in this ID. Everything will be sorted.

Remember in ICICI upgrade is done at customer level. So if you have opened new Wealth account then automatically your other account will be converted to Wealth.

So that's why this issue is coming.

Ideally if you have different number for Wealth account then I would have you the solution to Login iMobile using your Wealth account Mobile number and link your credit cards & other accounts in this ID. Everything will be sorted.

Remember in ICICI upgrade is done at customer level. So if you have opened new Wealth account then automatically your other account will be converted to Wealth.
Ok, I understand.

But how to resolve the issue now if both the accounts and all 3 ICICI credit cards have same mobile numbers?

Ok, I understand.

But how to resolve the issue now if both the accounts and all 3 ICICI credit cards have same mobile numbers?
Try one thing:
Call 1800 1080. If it is not directly connected to Wealth CC then your backend updation is still in progress.

And if it connects to Wealth CC directly then write a mail regarding wealth upgrade on second account. Write something like you are HNI customer now so upgrade you all features accordingly to your current status.

Try one thing:
Call 1800 1080. If it is not directly connected to Wealth CC then your backend updation is still in progress.

And if it connects to Wealth CC directly then write a mail regarding wealth upgrade on second account. Write something like you are HNI customer now so upgrade you all features accordingly to your current status.
ok, thanks bro. I just dialed 18001080 and it got connected by asking me acc number and dc pin and then directly connected to WM CC.
I asked the CC regarding my old account and he told me that the old account segment is WM BUT the account itself still is a basic account! I asked him to convert this card to WM as my new account. He again suggested to talk to my RM!

ok, thanks bro. I just dialed 18001080 and it got connected by asking me acc number and dc pin and then directly connected to WM CC.
I asked the CC regarding my old account and he told me that the old account segment is WM BUT the account itself still is a basic account! I asked him to convert this card to WM as my new account. He again suggested to talk to my RM!
Good 👍👍

Then I will suggest you to write a mail to Wealth CC, looping other senior ICICI person mail IDs.
In this way BM will directly reach out to you and also your RM will do something instead of just saying close old account.

Thanks , I looked into it already. But isn't it for Privilege banking ?

Which one is better "ICICI wealth management account" or "ICICI Privilege" ?
WM account is also discussed in some of the posts in this thread!

Well, there are not much differences except

1. Priority banking with special wealth management branches
2. Direct to cc executive call without IVr.
3. MC world dc ltf as in privilege you get visa platinum dc but it seems it is not ltf.
4. You could get wealth management account if you ICICI CC with 5L+ limit and privilege account is you have ICICI CC with 4L+ limit.
5. Black theme vs orange theme (black theme discontinued recently though).
6. FREE CIBIL score in wealth management account.

I asked my RM to add old account to my WM account under family banking. He said why not close the old account. I said it’s an old account and I could have another MC world card and that too LTF, why not get another. My old account is more than a decade old account. Is there any benefits having an old account bro?
My RM also advised me to close the previous account but I was adamant.

I am not sure of the benefits but my account was more than a decade old account and I didn't wish to close it. Unlike other banks, ICICI, very strangely, can open different accounts for the same customer with different customer IDs. Therefore, I thought if my previous account gets closed then the bank might just consider me as a new account holder.

WM account is also discussed in some of the posts in this thread!

Well, there are not much differences except

1. Priority banking with special wealth management branches
2. Direct to cc executive call without IVr.
3. MC world dc ltf as in privilege you get visa platinum dc but it seems it is not ltf.
4. You could get wealth management account if you ICICI CC with 5L+ limit and privilege account is you have ICICI CC with 4L+ limit.
5. Black theme vs orange theme (black theme discontinued recently though).
6. FREE CIBIL score in wealth management account.
On opening WM new account you have been provided a new customer id and link with that customer id a new netbanking password, try activating that id and link this account with that id by manually add that account by details and all your credit cards and after 2-3 days of initial setup add old account to this new netbanking . I think It will solve your issue the thing you will lose only is your previous netbanking username if was set to some specific.

Back