• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need help regrading Bpcl octane card rewards calulation.

ankitbh

TF Neo
Hi guys, recently got a bpcl octane card, i have roughly around 4-5k of monthly spends on fuel

I made a transaction on 7 January for fuel, on a bpcl station, and a grocery store same day
Haven’t received the points yet for petrol spends. How much time does it take to get points on petrol spends in card. I read somewhere it takes 4-5 days to see points of petrol, is it true

Also 5₹ extra got charged, i though surcharge would get waved off till 100₹ a month
And i got 10 points on 148₹ spends of grocery, does it only give on multiple of 100?

And any pro tip for this card or should i close it, card is freaking 4 days old
Thanks

Attachments

• 5D80004D-6B43-40E2-9F16-385BDB00A6AF.jpeg
    5D80004D-6B43-40E2-9F16-385BDB00A6AF.jpeg
    47.8 KB · Views: 23
  • BFE53865-9C0F-4C7A-8974-95587F53D74D.jpeg
    BFE53865-9C0F-4C7A-8974-95587F53D74D.jpeg
    158.9 KB · Views: 22
For fuel spends of 5k/month, it would've been better if you got the SBI BPCL card(~4% value back and annual fee waiver of just Rs.50000). I have the BPCL octane as well, and SBI does not promptly credit the reward points for fuel spends, so you'll have to keep following up on that. :p
This card isn't justified if you don't have significant spending in the accelerated rewards categories( dining, grocery, departmental and movies) for the annual fee waiver.

Hi guys, recently got a bpcl octane card, i have roughly around 4-5k of monthly spends on fuel

I made a transaction on 7 January for fuel, on a bpcl station, and a grocery store same day
Haven’t received the points yet for petrol spends. How much time does it take to get points on petrol spends in card. I read somewhere it takes 4-5 days to see points of petrol, is it true

Also 5₹ extra got charged, i though surcharge would get waved off till 100₹ a month
And i got 10 points on 148₹ spends of grocery, does it only give on multiple of 100?

Thanks
1.) For fuel rewards....
Swapping in sbi machine is compulsory......
So make sure....
2.) For grocery or fuel or any expenses done by sbi cc.....
Rewards generates in multiple of ₹100/-
Hope you got points...;)

1.) For fuel rewards....
Swapping in sbi machine is compulsory......
So make sure....
2.) For grocery or fuel or any expenses done by sbi cc.....
Rewards generates in multiple of ₹100/-
Hope you got points...;)
Not necessarily swipe in SBI POS Machines.. i have always swiped in Paytm POS and got correct reward points..

Moreover, you need to fill petrol from a set of Petrol Pumps defined on their website..

Thanks
GST is not levied on your fuel purpose, I think that's why correct mapping of MCC of that petrol station is not done. So you haven't got points.

Not necessarily swipe in SBI POS Machines.. i have always swiped in Paytm POS and got correct reward points..

Moreover, you need to fill petrol from a set of Petrol Pumps defined on their website..
I was told by the CSR that we can fill fuel at any BPCL pump for reward points, but the points can be redeemed only at designated pumps(I've attached the list). Can someone clarify the same? And I can corroborate on using any POS machine. I received points for swiping on Paytm machines as well.

Attachments

Back