• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need help with bill payment via hdfc portal

I have tried two amex card planting and gold charge payment with debit and bank a/c both fail ..what could be issue .. have checked number and expiry nothing wrong in that .
There's a cooling period for every new biller on Smartpay now, Specifically for CC :
Security Control Credit Card:-After registration 2 hours no trxn allow, between 2 hours to 24 hours limit of Rs. 10,000 and after 24 hours limit upto 2 lakhs.

When u add a new biller to HDFC it gets verified after about a week. you can only pay after that. Also, check your debit card online transactions are active
Not a week, just 2 hours in case of CC

There's a cooling period for every new biller on Smartpay now, Specifically for CC :
Security Control Credit Card:-After registration 2 hours no trxn allow, between 2 hours to 24 hours limit of Rs. 10,000 and after 24 hours limit upto 2 lakhs.

When u add a new biller to HDFC it gets verified after about a week. you can only pay after that. Also, check your debit card online transactions are active
Okay but I was seeing Verification Status as pending for almost a week

It seem it take more than 48 hr for sure it say pending even after 46 hr

I registered credit card biller on last Monday and waited for more than 1 day 😝 and it was pending. Transactions also failed. Now I saw this post and checked the status, now it is active. So it is difficult to tell exact time as I didn't check the status after one day of registration

Generally you will get a mail that you can start paying the bill once it is internally verified. But online status may show it as pending. Its like in their IT systems, notification will get enabled on verified flag but status change is batch processing and will await next batch processing 😃

Generally you will get a mail that you can start paying the bill once it is internally verified. But online status may show it as pending. Its like in their IT systems, notification will get enabled on verified flag but status change is batch processing and will await next batch processing 😃
thanks i went ahead and gave a test and it worked, any idea for amex how long it will take to reflect? the usual 72 hr I'm aware of , cause even through cred the amount get credited instantly i have seen on twitter

I paid my HDFC Diners Club Black card bill amount 2 days ago using HDFC Bill pay. Money is deducted from my SBI bank account but no payment confirmation from HDFC.

thanks i went ahead and gave a test and it worked, any idea for amex how long it will take to reflect? the usual 72 hr I'm aware of , cause even through cred the amount get credited instantly i have seen on twitter
Sorry I don't have Amex. My Zomato card payment reflects instantly and ICICI card payment takes 3 days.

You can pay credit card bill after hdfc verifies it. If it shows pending, the transaction will be failed. It may take more than one day to verify
but it been more than 48 hr now and less than 72 hr and yes status is pending and it has failed so I'm asking how long it take for status to change from pending to active
Pending doesn't mean anything.. It showed Pending to me, but I was able to pay 10k bill after cooling period of 2 hours. After 24 hours, I was able to pay more than 10k bill also

Pending doesn't mean anything.. It showed Pending to me, but I was able to pay 10k bill after cooling period of 2 hours. After 24 hours, I was able to pay more than 10k bill also
yeah i made a payment over 1 lakhs and it was successfully and got credited instantly , received SMS from amex within seconds after making the payment

Back