• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need help with first card

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Basic info :-
- 25/F
- Occupation Type :- Salaried, Pvt Ltd Company
- Gross salary :- 30k/month
- Cibil :- NH
- Experian :- 806 (showing Amex and ICICI Add on)
- Current Holdings :-
All add ons only
Amex Plat Travel
Axis Vistara Signature
HDFC DCB PVC
HDFC Tata Neu Infinity
ICICI Amazon Pay
No loans or BNPL ever
- ITR :- Never filed till date
- Bank Accounts - SBI(Salary A/c), Yes, Canara, HDFC(3 Months old)

Applied for Yes Ace(Pre approved, later rejected), Amex MRCC, SBI CB, Indusind Eazydiner(Pre approved, later rejected), Jupiter card,
No pre-approved cards on HDFC,
Also tried Flipkart Paylater but not approved
No offer for Amazon Paylater or Paytm Postpaid
So can't get any card till date

Longer Version :-
So I've been trying to get a card for my gf,
i can go through secured route but in my experience they never get converted to unsecure and we'll have to cancel it eventually(which becomes sad to do for your first and oldest card on cibil, i know because I've done it for my SBI Gold & More card from college days)
I've been trying to apply unsecured cards for her left & right but to no avail,
even tried some bnpl but didn't work,
onecard showing nothing to offer at the moment
Last card applied was RBL Supermax through Bank bazaar, response awaited

So is there anyway to get her an unsecured card,
Income and physical verification is not an issue

Last edited:
Amazon ICICI (her own, not add-on), SBI Simplyclick & Axis MyZone

These 3 should be easy to get, for BNPL try amazon pay later

You can also go for Secured ICICI platinum for cibil building, and it doesn't matter if you can't convert platinum to unsecured as platinum card is only good for sale, that's it.

Patience is important here

Amazon ICICI (her own, not add-on), SBI Simplyclick & Axis MyZone

These 3 should be easy to get, for BNPL try amazon pay later

You can also go for Secured ICICI platinum for cibil building, and it doesn't matter if you can't convert platinum to unsecured as platinum card is only good for sale, that's it.

Patience is important here
I tried going through her Amazon app to look for ICICI Amazon Pay card or BNPL, couldn't find anything

I'll try SBI SC and Axis myzone

I've got a bunch ICICI Cards myself, Amazon Pay, MMT Plat and Signature, Coral Visa abd Rupay, so don't need an ICICI Card for offers,

Will keep Secured Card option as last resort

I've got a bunch ICICI Cards myself, Amazon Pay, MMT Plat and Signature, Coral Visa abd Rupay, so don't need an ICICI Card for offers,

Will keep Secured Card option as last resort

He suggested ICICI Platinum for building a CIBIL history (which would be beneficial in getting an unsecured card later on), --- and incidentally also said that, that card is only good for offers, --- not that you'd need it for that purpose!

Getting a secured card is the easiest way to start a credit card journey. And the ICICI Platinum card is easy to get. It's ultimately your choice whether you'd choose an easier route!

Last edited:
He suggested ICICI Platinum for building a CIBIL history (which is required for getting an unsecured card), and said that, that card is only good for offers, --- not that you'd need it for that purpose!

Getting a secured card is the easiest way to start a credit card journey. And the ICICI Platinum card is easy to get. It's ultimately your choice whether you'd choose an easier route!
All right will look into it,
But is there any way to build cibil or get a card without going secured

Use her amazon account consistently, have the prime membership and soon apay offer should be there, or at least bnpl offer should show up. Apay was my first card.

Having an ICICI savings account would have been a plus. Icici easily gives unsecured credit cards.

Other options is: You say the HDFC account is just 3 months old. As people here usually say, wait for 6 months to complete and see if you get any card offers. While it has its own huge disadvantages, you can go for moneyback plus since your priority right now is to build CIBIL. Maintain good balance in the account, use their DC consistently. But beware that with HDFC it's always a gamble.

All right will look into it,
But is there any way to build cibil or get a card without going secured

You could get a secured card and start building a CIBIL history right now, (or even take some kind of loan, and start paying that off on schedule).

Getting an unsecured card first (without a good CIBIL score) is unpredictable, and could potentially take much longer.

Last edited:
Basic info :-
- 25/F
- Occupation Type :- Salaried, Pvt Ltd Company
- Gross salary :- 30k/month
- Cibil :- NH
- Experian :- 806 (showing Amex and ICICI Add on)
- Current Holdings :-
All add ons only
Amex Plat Travel
Axis Vistara Signature
HDFC DCB PVC
HDFC Tata Neu Infinity
ICICI Amazon Pay
No loans or BNPL ever
- ITR :- Never filed till date
- Bank Accounts - SBI(Salary A/c), Yes, Canara, HDFC(3 Months old)

Applied for Yes Ace(Pre approved, later rejected), Amex MRCC, SBI CB, Indusind Eazydiner(Pre approved, later rejected), Jupiter card,
No pre-approved cards on HDFC,
Also tried Flipkart Paylater but not approved
No offer for Amazon Paylater or Paytm Postpaid
So can't get any card till date

Longer Version :-
So I've been trying to get a card for my gf,
i can go through secured route but in my experience they never get converted to unsecure and we'll have to cancel it eventually(which becomes sad to do for your first and oldest card on cibil, i know because I've done it for my SBI Gold & More card from college days)
I've been trying to apply unsecured cards for her left & right but to no avail,
even tried some bnpl but didn't work,
onecard showing nothing to offer at the moment
Last card applied was RBL Supermax through Bank bazaar, response awaited

So is there anyway to get her an unsecured card,
Income and physical verification is not an issue
Ask you salary account bank for credit card.

Use her amazon account consistently, have the prime membership and soon apay offer should be there, or at least bnpl offer should show up. Apay was my first card.

Having an ICICI savings account would have been a plus. Icici easily gives unsecured credit cards.

Other options is: You say the HDFC account is just 3 months old. As people here usually say, wait for 6 months to complete and see if you get any card offers. While it has its own huge disadvantages, you can go for moneyback plus since your priority right now is to build CIBIL. Maintain good balance in the account, use their DC consistently. But beware that with HDFC it's always a gamble.
This is the correct answer!

Will try with Amazon app, get her prime as well

ICICI now days requires minimum 25k deposit for account opening, and she already gas 4 accounts

I'm waiting on HDFC to give her something pre approved, but as you already mentioned it'll be something junk card like freedom or moneyback, and its hard to move up from there

You could get a secured card and start building a CIBIL history right now, (or even take some kind of loan, and start paying that off on schedule).

Getting an unsecured card first (without a good CIBIL score) is unpredictable, and could potentially take much longer.
Yes, I'm seriously contemplating getting her a secured card

Which one would be best

ICICI Plat required minimum 50k fd

Ask you salary account bank for credit card.
Sbi is less then useless as when it comes to this, her salary is being credited for about 2 yrs now and yet no pre approved offers, and they rejected her SBI CB application

Yes, I'm seriously contemplating getting her a secured card

Which one would be best

ICICI Plat required minimum 50k fd
I have heard 10k fd for IDFC bank credit card.
But limit will be 80 to 90% of FD, so there's that.
Or you can try a few good PSU banks like BOB, Canara, PNB.

Do enquires register if she has no cibil report at all ?
Of course!! She might not have a CIBIL score but she has a credit history, which will be termed as NTC.

Don’t play around man it’s not your own credit history you are affecting, it’s another persons

He suggested ICICI Platinum for building a CIBIL history (which would be beneficial in getting an unsecured card later on), --- and incidentally also said that, that card is only good for offers, --- not that you'd need it for that purpose!

Exactly, platinum is waste anyways. Once she gets a good CIBIL, she will eventually get a coral card, which works for sales and fulfills every tick of platinum.

Your work is done after getting a CIBIL

Simplyclick should be very easy to get as it's lower variant card.

Note: Cibil score is important factor for SBI.

Back