• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need suggestion in switching salary acc from ICICI to HDFC

pjain2712

TF Premier
Hello,

I currently have my salary account opened (since Dec-2021) in ICICI and have Privilege (Red/Maroon) variant and so far I did not see any charges levied for any services as of now. And I also have a Savings Max account (classic variant) in HDFC with 25k MAB, opened in April month this year.

I am planning to switch my salary account from ICICI to HDFC in order to take advantage of preapproved offers.
As for ICICI, I already received ICICI Sapphiro (LTF) and Apay credit cards as preapproved but don't have any HDFC credit card as of now.

Please advise the approach I should follow for ICICI account after switching my salary account to HDFC so that no charges (Debit card, SMS etc..) are levied on my existing ICICI account even if it is not salary account, I am fine if I have to maintain MAB.

@TechnoFino @BankExpertIndia

Last edited:
I am not a salary holder with HDFC still i got Regalia LTF unconditionally even though i don't meet the income required for paid Regalia :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I am not a salary holder with HDFC still i got Regalia LTF unconditionally even though i don't meet the income required for paid Regalia :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Upto regalia are anyways LTF for everyone. See my thread here
The thing is how to get LTF higher variants

@Slayer how you got Regalia LTF if you don't meet the salary criteria? Did you get it by applying card to card?
So a few days ago some HDFC bank rep called me and said DCP LTF so i was like alright
What do you need, she only asked for last 2 months of cc statement, whether CC was older than 1 year and where my salary account is
So she applied in C2C manner. Two days ago i got a call confirming that it was a verification call (most likely final) as it was in the regional language of my Aadhar address.

Hello,

I currently have my salary account opened (since Dec-2021) in ICICI and have Privilege (Red/Maroon) variant and so far I did not see any charges levied for any services as of now. And I also have a Savings Max account (classic variant) in HDFC with 25k MAB, opened in April month this year.

I am planning to switch my salary account from ICICI to HDFC in order to take advantage of preapproved offers.
As for ICICI, I already received ICICI Sapphiro (LTF) and Apay credit cards as preapproved but don't have any HDFC credit card as of now.

Please advise the approach I should follow for ICICI account after switching my salary account to HDFC so that no charges (Debit card, SMS etc..) are levied on my existing ICICI account even if it is not salary account, I am fine if I have to maintain MAB.

@TechnoFino @BankExpertIndia
I am in a similar situation, have a salary account(privilege) with ICICI for the past 9 years and only got Coral as LTF two years ago. I opened a Savings max account with HDFC(as I only had one bank account till then) and applied for Regalia CC based on my salary slip, later applied for an add-on card for my family member and converted it to LTF.
Nagging my ICICI RM to get me better benefits, but haven't got a promising response so far :(

Reactions: kjs
I am in a similar situation, have a salary account(privilege) with ICICI for the past 9 years and only got Coral as LTF two years ago. I opened a Savings max account with HDFC(as I only had one bank account till then) and applied for Regalia CC based on my salary slip, later applied for an add-on card for my family member and converted it to LTF.
Nagging my ICICI RM to get me better benefits, but haven't got a promising response so far :(
You are still using icici privilege? I am planning to convert ICICI privilege to hdfc preferred or idfc or kotak sal..

How much salary u got in account... As sapphiro requires salary above 2 lakh pm for getting ltf pre-approved...?? In how many months of salary credit dis u got the iffer.. Did u got apay after sapphiro...?? Were any documents asked in apay..??
Using Icici..they gave me their flop coral credit card.. told me that they will upgrade ro RUBYX..never got call or mail for upgrading..now planning to switch sal ACC to my old hdfc..let me know if any way to take Sapphiro ltf..so i can keep sal ACC till then

You are still using icici privilege? I am planning to convert ICICI privilege to hdfc preferred or idfc or kotak sal..
Honestly, at this point, I have given up on following my ICICI RM. He does say he will try to get me Rubyx/Saphirro but he never does :(

HDFC RM isn't all that great either. I have been asking them to add my family members to the Preferred banking but she doesn't even care about it. I have escalated and still no response. The only good thing about HDFC is their credit cards, I have got good spending on my Regalia in the last year so trying my luck for a higher variant now.

Honestly, at this point, I have given up on following my ICICI RM. He does say he will try to get me Rubyx/Saphirro but he never does :(

HDFC RM isn't all that great either. I have been asking them to add my family members to the Preferred banking but she doesn't even care about it. I have escalated and still no response. The only good thing about HDFC is their credit cards, I have got good spending on my Regalia in the last year so trying my luck for a higher variant now.
Go to ur HDFC branch..talk with Sr person or BM in case reqd..they should do it for you ..

This is my view (Strictly) am really unlucky with this i hold salary account with HDFC I haven't even a single LTF card nor LE enhancement.. I had salary account with ICICI for a year my Coral was made LTF, My credit card limit was enhanced to 3Lakh both on amazon and Coral.. Even today i don't pay any SMS or Debit card charges with ICICI
Then I'll suport hdfc in this case because I have hdfc salary account and they have provided ltf credit card but icici is a headache for me. I think I'll stop trying icici.

Reactions: kjs
they will convert your salary ac to savings ac after 3 month (3 month no salary credit condition), that time you have to maintain balance.
you might get gold account 50k maintenance and no fees for debit card, and other services.
If you have consolidated credit card limit of 4L in ICICI then you will be still be part of Privileges' Banking. Check Privilege's banking eligibility criteria. There is nothing special with HDFC salary account apart from Pre approved Credit cards , but that you can still get if you have an existing card with higher limit.

Back