• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need suggestion on my credit card

uchitshah

TF Buzz
Hello,

I have 5 credit card.

My monthly spend is around 1.25 lacs (including shopping and utility bill payments of approx Rs. 20k)

Axis Burgundy Magus Credit Card (LTF)
IDFC First Wealth - With Rupay Card for UPI Card payment (Rs 200 every year)
ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card
HDFC Millennia Credit Card
SBI Cashback Credit Card

I majorly use my Axis Burgundy Magnus CC for online and offline purchases (being Burgundy Magnus I still get 5:4 conversion ratio into air miles)

UPI payments are paid using IDFC First Wealth CC.

I Shop a lot from Amazon and pay all my utility bills via. Amazon Pay
So every month I buy Amazon Pay and Amazon Shopping Vouchers from the Axis Edge Rewards platform for Rs. 10,000 rs each (monthly capped by axis)
I First exhaust all my vouchers for shopping and utility bill payments and then use ICICI Amazon Pay CC.

HDFC Millennia CC is also LTF and kept for some good occasional offers on Amazon and other platforms as HDFC Cards has many such tie-ups.

I also have SBI Cashback CC for occasional good offers on SBI Cards and 5% cashback (but their 5% cashback is so random, no one can ever predict they will get 5% cashback on online shopping/ flight booking/ food delivery, it's always 50:50 probability 😁)

I am looking for a good Super Premium Card or Good Premium, which would add more value.
Or my current portfolio looks good and I should continue with the same.
Or am I missing something?

Please share your honest opinion.

Tensor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
HDFC Infinia since you're already into accelerated rewards. Other option you can consider is Yes Marquee. If interested in travel centric cards, wait fot Axis Olympus.

drsel

TF Legend
Get Axis Airtel for utility bills, Axis Atlas for flights and hotels and Axis IOCL for UPI and fuel

uchitshah

TF Buzz
HDFC Infinia since you're already into accelerated rewards. Other option you can consider is Yes Marquee. If interested in travel centric cards, wait fot Axis Olympus.
I have been very keenly comparing this 2 cards
HDFC Infinia and Axis Magnus Burgundy

My observation is:
Axis Magnus Burgundy is better
1st it is LTF for me (don't have to pay Rs.30k+gst)
And Edge Rewards conversion with old ratio 5:4 is slightly better then HDFC Infinia
few times my expenditure do increase 1.5 lacs/ month then edge rewards are still better with 35ER for 200Rs spend

Hence I am not been so keen to apply for HDFC Infinia and with no banking history with HDFC Bank, I will find it very difficult to apply and approved.

If my observation is wrong, then please feel free to correct me.

Last edited:

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hello,

I have 5 credit card.

My monthly spend is around 1.25 lacs (including shopping and utility bill payments of approx Rs. 20k)

Axis Burgundy Magus Credit Card (LTF)
IDFC First Wealth - With Rupay Card for UPI Card payment (Rs 200 every year)
ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card
HDFC Millennia Credit Card
SBI Cashback Credit Card

I majorly use my Axis Burgundy Magnus CC for online and offline purchases (being Burgundy Magnus I still get 5:4 conversion ratio into air miles)

UPI payments are paid using IDFC First Wealth CC.

I Shop a lot from Amazon and pay all my utility bills via. Amazon Pay
So every month I buy Amazon Pay and Amazon Shopping Vouchers from the Axis Edge Rewards platform for Rs. 10,000 rs each (monthly capped by axis)
I First exhaust all my vouchers for shopping and utility bill payments and then use ICICI Amazon Pay CC.

HDFC Millennia CC is also LTF and kept for some good occasional offers on Amazon and other platforms as HDFC Cards has many such tie-ups.

I also have SBI Cashback CC for occasional good offers on SBI Cards and 5% cashback (but their 5% cashback is so random, no one can ever predict they will get 5% cashback on online shopping/ flight booking/ food delivery, it's always 50:50 probability 😁)

I am looking for a good Super Premium Card or Good Premium, which would add more value.
Or my current portfolio looks good and I should continue with the same.
Or am I missing something?

Please share your honest opinion.
All good list of cards
Just replace that 199/- rupay virtual card from idfc to any ltf rupay ex being Burgundy account holder ask Axis Bank iocl rupay for ltf where u get Edge Rewards which yield 5:4 for u since burgundy there

uchitshah

TF Buzz
All good list of cards
Just replace that 199/- rupay virtual card from idfc to any ltf rupay ex being Burgundy account holder ask Axis Bank iocl rupay for ltf where u get Edge Rewards which yield 5:4 for u since burgundy there
I can get Axis Indian Oil Rupay Card for 500rs.
But it's reward is very poor
1ER for 100rs.
Where else my IDFC Rupay Card limit is shared with my IDFC Wealth Card, so it is reflecting as only 1 card on my CIBIL record, Which I don't know, but want to keep it neat and spank.
Only 5 cards perfectly recorded in CIBIL.

So there is scope to get any super premium card also at future date with no issues.

I had 9 cards at one time, strategically bought it down to 5 cards, it took me 1 year to get everything done, one after the other.

Don't want to increase it unless something substantial comes by.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I can get Axis Indian Oil Rupay Card for 500rs.
But it's reward is very poor
1ER for 100rs.
Where else my IDFC Rupay Card limit is shared with my IDFC Wealth Card, so it is reflecting as only 1 card on my CIBIL record, Which I don't know, but want to keep it neat and spank.
Only 5 cards perfectly recorded in CIBIL.

So there is scope to get any super premium card also at future date with no issues.

I had 9 cards at one time, strategically bought it down to 5 cards, it took me 1 year to get everything done, one after the other.

Don't want to increase it unless something substantial comes by.
Greatest financially disciplined person 👍
Long years I want to work for myself in cards portfolio trimming but still not able to do!
You’ve motivated now…

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
To be honest you do not any any other card. I have MB as well. But

You need to define value little more clearly. What does it mean to you?

For example, I find immense value in Infinia due to better accelerated rewards than MB on smartbuy, instant allotment of accelerated points vs 3 months for MB and most importantly, ability to redeem points for domestic indigo / akasa flights and domestic hotels

Some people may find value in Yes Marquee purely due to its voucher redemption option and guest access on priority pass

Some people may want a priority pass on add on card which MB does not provide (Guest visits may not be enough)

So try find to find what matters to you then it will be easier to suggest

uchitshah

TF Buzz
To be honest you do not any any other card. I have MB as well. But

You need to define value little more clearly. What does it mean to you?

For example, I find immense value in Infinia due to better accelerated rewards than MB on smartbuy, instant allotment of accelerated points vs 3 months for MB and most importantly, ability to redeem points for domestic indigo / akasa flights and domestic hotels

Some people may find value in Yes Marquee purely due to its voucher redemption option and guest access on priority pass

Some people may want a priority pass on add on card which MB does not provide (Guest visits may not be enough)

So try find to find what matters to you then it will be easier to suggest
I agree that Infinia is really good card,
Specially you can redeem it for indigo and akasa flights also.
I have more then 50k club vistara point, but I generally find indigo flight more time convenient, for me managing time is more important then using point.

But I have no contact in HDFC bank, who can get me Infinia card, and have zero relation with HDFC Bank.

Regarding lounge access, I really do not have patience to wait in Q and visit over crowded lounge, I general run to some cafe at airport and seat peacefully.

Can you recommend any way to get HDFC Infinia, as it is invitation only card.

Last edited:

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I agree that Infinia is really good card,
Specially you can redeem it for indigo and akasa flights also.
I have more then 50k club vistara point, but I generally find indigo flight more time convenient, for me managing time is more important then using point.

But I have no contact in HDFC bank, who can get me Infinia card, and had zero relation with HDFC Bank.

Regarding lounge access, I really do not have patience to wait in Q and visit over crowded lounge, I general run to some cafe order 1 item and seat peacefully.

Can you recommend any way to get HDFC Infinia, as it is invitation only card.
You can apply for DCB Metal on C2C basis with your Magnus card or any other card (non co branded) as long as it is more than one year old and limit >5L. It is relatively easy to get. Try to get limit of >8L

You can also negotiate a few things if you are new customer to the bank and open a premium account

Spend ~8L on DCB metal in the next 6 months and then ask for Infinia. They will do it mostly. This is the only way without incurring too much cost.

There are other methods such as buying ULIP etc. but not sure about overall returns on that method