• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need suggestion on which credit card to apply for?

Dr. Drake

TF Ace
I need some advice on which credit card to apply for for my mother (*I will be using) -

Currently held cc —

1. Citi Indian Oil (add on- *spend based)
  2. Axis Flipkart (LTF)
  3. Icici Apay+ Expression (Paid)
  4. SC smart card (Paid)
  5. One federal (LTF)
  6. SBI prime card (*spend based)

Planning to diversify the portfolio with most card offers. Any other card suggestions besides the ones listed? (also excluding Hdfc). I had Au lit and IDFC Wealth in mind, but I don't want to apply too quickly and flood Cibil with inquiries (*planning to get in next 6months). Cibil is currently 760, with 48% utilisation and 100% on-time payments (3years history)

Also, can I apply for C2C for her, as she recently received an apay with a 5L limit? (its 1month old card). Spending will be split roughly 75/25 online and offline.

Looking forward for your suggestions

U can load upto 4k per month using swiggy zomato Uber etc without charges.. this only helps in reaching 1500 x 4 transactions for amex mrcc to get 1000 bonus points.. do 2x1500 on paytm wallet via swiggy zomato and do another 2x1500 to buy amazon gift cards.. and these are not manufactured spends as you will easily utilise both every month.. 1120 points every month on mrcc for 6000 spends.. even if u value at 0.5 rs, that is good 9.33% return for spends you will anyways do.. paytm wallet can also be used for fuel payments which anyways doesn’t give points in most cards.. i find mrcc easiest and hassle free way to get amex points.. if u do on 2x multiplier you can get higher points.. doing both mrcc (1.5k x 4) and gold (1k x 6) is tedious and i prefer mrcc just due to lower no of transactions and lesser renewal fee..
Yes this can be done. Nice Idea. Thanks for the quick reply. These 4 transactions need to be done in a month from 1st to 30th of the month or between two billing cycles or what?
Have you tried any useful 2x multiplier?

i think paytm qr merchant will accept from wallet.. u need to intiate payment from wallet and not as upi payment.. if i face such issue I generally ask for mobile no of merchant linked to paytm and it goes from wallet
Even if they give their mobile number they usually force to pay theough upi. But yeah this ks kinda manageable. In 10% of the qr scan you can find wallet acceptance.

Paytm will block if u transfer to bank account.. use for normal transactions where paytm qr is there or use for paying cc bills using paytm
I don't do bank transfer mostly bills or gift cards purchased from paytm but they have imposed limit revision from card to particular account, not sure why but that's just the way it is

Yes this can be done. Nice Idea. Thanks for the quick reply. These 4 transactions need to be done in a month from 1st to 30th of the month or between two billing cycles or what?
Have you tried any useful 2x multiplier?
in a calendar month.. u can buy uber or bigbasket etc from multiplier.. but that is like 30 points extra so i don’t bother too much about it.. axis and hdfc gyftr multiplier gives more rewards to me..

i don’t know whether u already have mrcc or looking to apply.. incase u looking to apply, below is my referral link (FYF + 2000 points + reduced annual fees)

Amex MRCC www.tinyurl.com/Amex-MRCC

I just received my smart card with 2.7L limit any suggestions to get ultimate asap??
Any special benefit of having a SC credit card?
in a calendar month.. u can buy uber or bigbasket etc from multiplier.. but that is like 30 points extra so i don’t bother too much about it.. axis and hdfc gyftr multiplier gives more rewards to me..

i don’t know whether u already have mrcc or looking to apply.. incase u looking to apply, below is my referral link (FYF + 2000 points + reduced annual fees)

Amex MRCC www.tinyurl.com/Amex-MRCC
I already have MRCC. I just don't know much details about it.

You think I could get Eterna c2c
You can try Eterna LTF if they don't agree then go for BOB premier card (Rupay would be an option), and get at least one Rupay Card.
Also, check if Indusind Legend you can get as LTF without a joining fee.
Apart from this, your card portfolio is good, except for ICICI Expression (Paid) try to convert this into LTF ICICI card.

You can try Eterna LTF if they don't agree then go for BOB premier card (Rupay would be an option), and get at least one Rupay Card.
Apart from this, your card portfolio is good, except for ICICI Expression (Paid) try to convert this into LTF ICICI card.
1.will we get the welcome benefits if we get indusind legend LTF??
2. How to indusind pinnacle LTF?

Thanks for the recommendations.will start with eterna, regarding expression card I tried to upgrade that with coral/MMT but they have now started 3months wait time for upgradation since Nov that's what support told him

get one BOB and AU card as they are coming up with e-commerce offers regularly.
I applied today for AU card, after entering details straightaway decline messaged popup & was thrown out of application. No service number no message/mail no reason.

Called an agent & he said there was no application with the number mentioned. Checked my Cibil & there was an inquiry @Batmanbaba any idea here

I applied today for AU card, after entering details straightaway decline messaged popup & was thrown out of application. No service number no message/mail no reason.

Called an agent & he said there was no application with the number mentioned. Checked my Cibil & there was an inquiry @Batmanbaba any idea here
After chasing them for 20days with back & forth mail/calls finally got AU lit card with 255k limit. Happy efforts didn't went in vain :)

Paytm will block if u transfer to bank account.. use for normal transactions where paytm qr is there or use for paying cc bills using paytm
Can we pay cc bills using paytm wallet balance. Also how to load paytm wallet using swiggy and zomato without incurring transaction charges?

Back