• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need suggestions! Confused which to get

chadsterpiece

TF Select
I'm confused as to which HDFC card I should opt for. Here are the cards I already own to give you a perspective:

Amazon Pay ICICI
IndusInd Legend
Kotak PVR Plat
SBI Cashback
Onecard
Axis neo

Which do you guys think I should get from the following?

Also is the tata neu rupay select which I can use to get wellness perks etc.? TIA!

1725876960609.webp

Solution
Hey.. I'm giving a slightly different opinion here. So Here goes :

(1) Firstly, don't take a co-branded card first. If you do, it'll be very difficult to get a core card of HDFC (So that rules out Neu cards and the Swiggy card). You can try co-branded cards of HDFC after obtaining a core CC.

(2) Millennia is a good card, but you already have SBI CB and ICICI Apay, so millennia may not make much sense at this point of time (certainly not a paid Millennia). HDFC is probably in the process of devaluing Millennia further. I suggest, if possible, be patient and wait. Soon you'll be offered better cards (paid/FYF or may be even LTF). I don't know what relationship you have with HDFC. But the game of patience certainly helps in the case of...
I'm confused as to which HDFC card I should opt for. Here are the cards I already own to give you a perspective:

Amazon Pay ICICI
IndusInd Legend
Kotak PVR Plat
SBI Cashback
Onecard
Axis neo

Also is the tata neu rupay select which I can use to get wellness perks etc.? TIA!

View attachment 68180
If you have significant spends on swiggy, you can consider swiggy.
If you don't have any other rupay cards for upi and see a perk in 10% on tata brands, consider taking tata neu. ( note - you'll have to use tata neu app only for everything online with this)

I don't see much value in Millennia after having sbi cashback but it would be your gateway to hdfc core cards.

No, tata neu rupay select doesn't count under wellness one

If you have significant spends on swiggy, you can consider swiggy.
If you don't have any other rupay cards for upi and see a perk in 10% on tata brands, consider taking tata neu. ( note - you'll have to use tata neu app only for everything online with this)

I don't see much value in Millennia after having sbi cashback but it would be your gateway to hdfc core cards.

No, tata neu rupay select doesn't count under wellness one
I rarely ever use swiggy. and I was rejected FYF by HDFC after applying through swiggy app two weeks back and here I am eligible on their site 🤡. My conscience says screw swiggy.

I don't have a Rupay CC yet. Neither am I aware of the other benefits it would come with. I'm trying to find a use case for it as for when I forget to carry my credit card and maybe scan and pay through the app as u pointed out without having to pay cash or use amt from SB. Tap to pay isn't viable yet since, well, apple.

Millenia sounds like the safest bet.

Now I'm down to two options: Millenia vs Tata Neu

Amazon Pay ICICI
IndusInd Legend
Kotak PVR Plat
SBI Cashback
Onecard
Axis neo

Avoid these 3 cards for now bcoz u have sbi csb so u can eliminate millennia and swiggy
No, No select benefits but this is neu plus not neu infinity
Neu inf comes with rupay select variant with no select benefits
if u really want an HDFC card consider HDFC millennia otherwise avoid them and later u will get a good offer
or u may consider tata neu infinity if u get it because it gives 1.5% on UPI spends and u can redeem them on tata brands

(1) Firstly, don't take a co-branded card first. If you do, it'll be very difficult to get a core card of HDFC (So that rules out Neu cards and the Swiggy card). You can try co-branded cards of HDFC after obtaining a core CC.

(2) Millennia is a good card, but you already have SBI CB and ICICI Apay, so millennia may not make much sense at this point of time (certainly not a paid Millennia). HDFC is probably in the process of devaluing Millennia further. I suggest, if possible, be patient and wait. Soon you'll be offered better cards (paid/FYF or may be even LTF). I don't know what relationship you have with HDFC. But the game of patience certainly helps in the case of a bank such as HDFC.

(3) As regards a Rupay CC,there are other bank CCs as well. PNB Rupay Platinum is an LTF card and PNB Rupay Select is one time joining fee of 499+ GST. (These cards are essentially free, but you need to make at least one transaction in a quarter).

Thanx. If you think this solves your dilemma, you can mark this as a solution.

Solution

(2) Millennia is a good card, but you already have SBI CB and ICICI Apay, so millennia may not make much sense at this point of time (certainly not a paid Millennia). HDFC is probably in the process of devaluing Millennia further. I suggest, if possible, be patient and wait. Soon you'll be offered better cards (paid/FYF or may be even LTF). I don't know what relationship you have with HDFC. But the game of patience certainly helps in the case of a bank such as HDFC.

(3) As regards a Rupay CC,there are other bank CCs as well. PNB Rupay Platinum is an LTF card and PNB Rupay Select is one time joining fee of 499+ GST. (These cards are essentially free, but you need to make at least one transaction in a quarter).

Thanx. If you think this solves your dilemma, you can mark this as a solution.
That pretty much sums it all up! And I've already pulled the trigger haha. I'll hold onto millennia for as long as they don't devalue to a point where it gets worse than Apay.

My primary card is Apay. All my txns are on it. Now post getting millennia, I'll use it as my primary card to get the renewal fee waiver alongside SBI CB.

I'm going to try and get them both to waive off my renewal fee, hopefully, even if they don't budge it's still okay since my spends are gonna cross 1L on each card anyway.

But if it so happens they devalue the 5% CB + I have to pay renewal fee, I'm going to rid myself of it.

My relationship with HDFC has been unrequited love sorts. HDFC runs behind people to get their CCs and here I am running behind them to offer me one despite parking about 5L in their Savings Max account 🥲

Back