• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need to buy a Graphics Card for around 60-70k

lucknowrox

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Guys looking to buy a graphics card in the coming days for around 70k. Any suggestions as where to look for online and maximise rewards as well.

Thanks.

WhoU

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Guys looking to buy a graphics card in the coming days for around 70k. Any suggestions as where to look for online and maximise rewards as well.

Thanks.
Stay away from shady sellers if you are going to buy from AZ/FK. Only retailnet or appario if you have magnus and are planning to buy gftyr vouchers.
Otherwise best is to go to a local shop and check the prices.

thegame

TF Premier
from my experience its better to always get it from offline shops or sites like sclgaming (bangalore)/theitdepot (chennai) etc which have their own offline stores as still in India you can't trust Amazon or FK like how you have NewEgg or even Amazon US for that matter in USA....for offline shops, first ask them if they charge extra for CCs, if not then ask if they can send the payment link and you can pay via SBI Cashback card for 5% CB (this is the highest I can think of) or offline swipe means ACE for 2%, FK Axis for 1.5% is the max i am aware of offline CB.. btw you have finalized the card and just want to know where to look for online/maximum CC rewards etc?

abhishek751

TF Premier

Thanks.
I am guessing you buying 4070.
So if you buy from amazon you have to be sure about the seller i would i only trust amazon own seller.
Same thing goes for flipkart but it has open box delivery which is more practical then Amazon's delivery.
You can use apay card or Fk axis for the 5% easily.
Or SBI Cashback card.
Have you bought other parts from online seller ?

lucknowrox

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Thanks for the inputs guys. Torn between 6950XT / 4070 Ti or 4070 / 6800 XT. Its been quite sometime that I have been holding off this upgrade but want to jump the gun asap.

Purely from a logical sense I should be holding off for the 7800 XT launch and decide accordingly but if I come across a good deal then I might not wait coz I feel its gonna be between the 4070 & 4070 Ti territory. AMD pricing has anyways been on the higher side for new new gen I feel esp looking at 7900 XT which should have been priced much closer to 4070 Ti’s but its way off lurking near 4080 territory which is absolutely senseless.

abhishek751

TF Premier
Thanks for the inputs guys. Torn between 6950XT / 4070 Ti or 4070 / 6800 XT. Its been quite sometime that I have been holding off this upgrade but want to jump the gun asap.

Purely from a logical sense I should be holding off for the 7800 XT launch and decide accordingly but if I come across a good deal then I might not wait coz I feel its gonna be between the 4070 & 4070 Ti territory. AMD pricing has anyways been on the higher side for new new gen I feel esp looking at 7900 XT which should have been priced much closer to 4070 Ti’s but its way off lurking near 4080 territory which is absolutely senseless.
What are the other specs of your current pc also the display, just curious.

thegame

TF Premier

what resolution, fps and genre of games you want to play is the key deciding factor for the gaming pc.. 7900xt/4070ti are best suited for 2k so no point in getting it if you don't have a 27inch 2k 120+Hz monitor to really enjoy its graphics power.. same time the games you want to play and now the new tech Ray Tracing/DLSS for nvidia and FSR for AMD also needs to checked to see which suits you games as say Cyberpunk would output 90-95fps @ 2k and with RT ON don't think it will cross even 50fps.. similarly if you are not keen on quality then check whether DLSS from nVidia or FSR from AMD can fetch you more fps for the games of your choice... if its just esports and 2k resolution then 4070ti should easily output 120+fps for the next 3-4yrs of esports titles to come..

also for the last 4-5 series nVidia are following a 2yr cycle by releasing the top end cards first as RTX2xx came in 2018, 3xx in 2020 and 4xx in 2022 and already the high end 5090 rumours are out and if 5090 outshines the 4090 buy a big margin like how 4090 does with 3090ti itself then its worth to hold the upgrade for a year as you will have DDR6/PCIe6 i.e. change in overall pc components specs with more or less similar prices (as of today) by 2025 start..

since you are ready to buy it asap, I would go with i5 13th gen CPU/4070Ti GPU which should be fine for 2k gaming (provided you have the required monitor/PSU/nvme storage etc)

romilq

TF Ace
what resolution, fps and genre of games you want to play is the key deciding factor for the gaming pc.. 7900xt/4070ti are best suited for 2k so no point in getting it if you don't have a 27inch 2k 120+Hz monitor to really enjoy its graphics power.. same time the games you want to play and now the new tech Ray Tracing/DLSS for nvidia and FSR for AMD also needs to checked to see which suits you games as say Cyberpunk would output 90-95fps @ 2k and with RT ON don't think it will cross even 50fps.. similarly if you are not keen on quality then check whether DLSS from nVidia or FSR from AMD can fetch you more fps for the games of your choice... if its just esports and 2k resolution then 4070ti should easily output 120+fps for the next 3-4yrs of esports titles to come..

also for the last 4-5 series nVidia are following a 2yr cycle by releasing the top end cards first as RTX2xx came in 2018, 3xx in 2020 and 4xx in 2022 and already the high end 5090 rumours are out and if 5090 outshines the 4090 buy a big margin like how 4090 does with 3090ti itself then its worth to hold the upgrade for a year as you will have DDR6/PCIe6 i.e. change in overall pc components specs with more or less similar prices (as of today) by 2025 start..

since you are ready to buy it asap, I would go with i5 13th gen CPU/4070Ti GPU which should be fine for 2k gaming (provided you have the required monitor/PSU/nvme storage etc)
Is your name thegame because you are a gamer ?

lucknowrox

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
What are the other specs of your current pc also the display, just curious.
Already have a system which is just in a dire need for GFX upgrade. Specs:

CPU - Intel i7 12700F
MB - MSI Pro B660M-A Non Wifi
RAM - 16GBx2 G Skill Ripjaws 3200 Mhz
Cabinet - Corsair 4000D Airflow
SSD - Samsung 980 1TB x 2
PSU - XPG Core Reactor 850
CPU Cooler - Deepcool AK620
Wifi - Asus Wifi Module
Monitor/LED - 4K Samsung 65 inch Frame 2021 (120fps capable I guess)
Graphics Card - 1060 3GB

Resolution is 4K preferred but I understand I might have to scale down settings from Ultra to High in most games to get a decent frame rate. Have not experienced DLSS or frame generation but most reviews have good things to say about these technologies so might make use of them as well. Budget aside 4080 was an ideal upgrade but that is beyond what I’d like to spend. 4070Ti does look promising except 12 Gb VRAM but a 10% cheaper 6950XT has made things difficult to decide. On the other hand 4070 & 6800 XT at comparable prices most people are recommending to go ahead with 4070.

Also most games I’m gonna play are Single Player titles like Cyberpunk, Tiny Tina, Halo, etc Not into multiplayer / competitive shooters etc.

abhishek751

TF Premier
Already have a system which is just in a dire need for GFX upgrade. Specs:

CPU - Intel i7 12700F
MB - MSI Pro B660M-A Non Wifi
RAM - 16GBx2 G Skill Ripjaws 3200 Mhz
Cabinet - Corsair 4000D Airflow
SSD - Samsung 980 1TB x 2
PSU - XPG Core Reactor 850
CPU Cooler - Deepcool AK620
Wifi - Asus Wifi Module
Monitor/LED - 4K Samsung 65 inch Frame 2021 (120fps capable I guess)
Graphics Card - 1060 3GB

Resolution is 4K preferred but I understand I might have to scale down settings from Ultra to High in most games to get a decent frame rate. Have not experienced DLSS or frame generation but most reviews have good things to say about these technologies so might make use of them as well. Budget aside 4080 was an ideal upgrade but that is beyond what I’d like to spend. 4070Ti does look promising except 12 Gb VRAM but a 10% cheaper 6950XT has made things difficult to decide. On the other hand 4070 & 6800 XT at comparable prices most people are recommending to go ahead with 4070.

Also most games I’m gonna play are Single Player titles like Cyberpunk, Tiny Tina, Halo, etc Not into multiplayer / competitive shooters etc.
You bought everything except for the graphic card,
Take into account after how much time you are gonna build your next pc.
If more than 4-5 years then go for the expensive 4070ti,
If you will get a new one in 2-3 years then getting a budget option would be better.

thegame

TF Premier
You bought everything except for the graphic card,
Take into account after how much time you are gonna build your next pc.
If more than 4-5 years then go for the expensive 4070ti,
If you will get a new one in 2-3 years then getting a budget option would be better.
valid point and you can go with the GPU based on your future plan as I would want to max out on the settings that I have with my display/run at its optimal resolution to enjoy gaming but for future 4k gaming I don't think 4090 nor 7900XTX would be able to deliver even 60fps with RT ON for upcoming single player games so clearly we can't expect smooth 120fps @ 4k (without RT) with the current generation GPUs for games coming in 2-3yrs time..

also your TV I believe should be having HDMI 2.1 port so it will support 4k @ 120Hz gaming from a PC as I could see 55inch and above sizes 2021 Frame series have 120Hz refresh rate/variable refresh rate but for 4k@120fps especially single player games like CyberPunk/yet to launch FPS games or even the upcoming GTA6 (GTA5 was not that a great PC port from the consoles) we need to wait for RTX6xxx series as don't think RTX5xxx series would be able to deliver smooth 120fps with RT @ 4k for most of the games..

my personal preference is PC gaming will be at its best with keyboard/mouse and max 32inch 4kmonitor (curved for immersive exp) which is at max 2.5ft away from your eyes as for TVs and that too 65inch atleast 5ft distance is required and they are mainly for consoles as PS or Xbox can easily output 120fps@4k as the console games are much optimized than the PC ones, I have tried Call of Duty/GTA5 via PS4 on 55inch Samsung QLED but for some reason I am not comfortable or able to enjoy playing first person shooters with a controller and only game i play via controller is Cricket19 :D

so my choice would be 4070Ti for 2k gaming/4k with DLSS/reduced settings in your TV if you are not planning to get a new pc (full setup) in the next 4-5yrs..

momo

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Skip the mid-range 40 series. Too overpriced, with no generational perf/$ benefits.
Watch out for deals on 30 series cards or AMD 6800 series.

lucknowrox

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Skip the mid-range 40 series. Too overpriced, with no generational perf/$ benefits.
Watch out for deals on 30 series cards or AMD 6800 series.
So after looking into the best options around I could find a Sapphire 6800 XT / Asrock 6800 XT @ 53-54K.

Next best options are 4070 @ 59-63K range (Gigabyte to Zotac) Might get a Diablo 4 free but not too sure about offers in India. (Atleast 10% +)

4070 Ti unable to find anything below 77K.

Finally thinking to go ahead with a 6800 XT. Might upgrade again 2-3 years down the line saving this extra 25k currently since I'm not really hopeful about the 7800 XT esp about the pricing.

thegame

TF Premier
How is Inno3d 4070 Twin X2 ? Should it be considered as an alternative to Sapphire Nitro 6800 XT?
performance wise both are similar, maybe 6800XT would be 3-5fps more on average @2k resolution.. but if you are considering RT/DLSS i.e. extra features of GPU, nVidia ones edges out AMD and in this case 6800XT is almost 3yrs old card and even with FSR it will be slower than 4070 with DLSS 3..

last month there were those Gigabyte kill the bill offers (not sure if its over by now) where starting 4070 was from 54k..

1686035966849.png

lucknowrox

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
So finally going ahead with the Sapphire option. Inno3d has had its share of issues and this 4070 model literally had no reviews. Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT has had a number of reviews and it has been found to be a decent performer in most benchmarks plus it is the cheapest option that I could find around.

Gohio

TF Select
VIP Lounge
So finally going ahead with the Sapphire option. Inno3d has had its share of issues and this 4070 model literally had no reviews. Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT has had a number of reviews and it has been found to be a decent performer in most benchmarks plus it is the cheapest option that I could find around.
did you have to upgrade your PSU as well?