• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

New Credit Card

rashboat

TF Neo
I have 2 Cards:

1. HDFC Bank Regalia Gold Card [Master Card] (upgraded from time to time) over the past 15 years or so. - Credit limit - Rs. 11 Lakhs
I find that it has outlived its usefulness. I have approximately 67,000 points on it. As a lawyer, I accumulate the points on it to buy airline tickets when I go on a domestic annual vacation. Lately I find that HDFC has devalued the Card. Also, my primary expenses are groceries, utility bills, Zomato and Swiggy, shopping on Amazon, insurance premiums, restaurant bills, and fuel expenses.

2. Citibank Rewards Card [Visa] (was originally a Citibank Shoppers Stop Card and upgraded) since my college days. - Credit limit - Rs. 10 Lakhs
I do not use this Card regularly as most of my expenses are on the Regalia Gold Card. With Citibank moving to Axis Bank, do I seek a replacement of this Card or close it altogether? I have approximately 18,000 points here which are also redeemed for air tickets for the vacation.

My Cibil score is 798.

I want to know from the experts here, whether I am correct in my estimation? Can I get a better Card from some other Bank or vendor which will suit my lifestyle? I am interested in earning more points, getting unlimited lounge access and a superior tier access to an airline like Vistara, etc and and a good welcome offer whenever I travel with my 8 member family, whether domestic or abroad.

Could you please help me? also, how do I go about applying for it as most of the time, HDFC and Citibank say they have no offers available for me as I am a professional and not a salaried individual?

Last edited:
Apply for the Yes Bank MARQUEE card if you can as it provides unlimited international lounge access and 6 domestic lounge access per quarter (also applicable to guest and addon card holders).

Back