• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

New to IDFC First Bank Wealth Debit Card - How to fully utilize it?

sahil1033

TF Premier
I recently got upgraded to IDFC First Bank's Wealth banking programme. I've activated the Wealth DC as well and I'm completely new to FIRST Rewards.

I've a few doubts though, requesting your assistance in this regard.

8,000 RP for first ever transaction above Rs. 1,000
Q:
Is it applicable for Rs. 1,001 and above or even Rs. 1,000 will do? Also, what's the best possible way to utilize this offer? I was thinking of purchasing Amazon Pay Gift Card from Amazon worth Rs. 1,000 since I don't have a four-wheeler, else would've surely fuelled up for Rs. 1k. I'm looking for a way to spend Rs. 1k where anyway there's low reward rate and I do have SBI Cashback CC for purchasing Amazon Pay GC but if I don't find anything better, I'll buy that only.

250 RP for first bill payment via mobile banking / internet banking every month
Q:
I could see that there's credit card bill payments option in mobile banking but CC bill payments comes under exclusion list for fetching RPs, so, what's the best way in this category again? I've about 6 RuPay Platinum DCs, so, electricity bill, prepaid mobile recharges are well handled at 20% off upto Rs. 100 and I don't have DTH connection or water bill to pay. Please suggest.

4X RP per Rs. 150 spent online
Q:
What are the other places where this DC can be used to earn points for online transactions? It'll give 4X points, so, that would be approximately 0.67% reward rate, at least better than SBI DC's 0.25% reward rate.

Reward points validity?
Q:
Are the points valid for lifetime just like Wealth CC ?? If yes, that would be good as I'll redeem at one go when needed to minimize loss via redemption fee levied at Rs. 99 + 18% GST.

10X RP (at 1 RP / Rs. 100) on crossing threshold amount of Rs. 50k
Q:
After crossing spends of Rs. 50k, does it mean that RPs will be credited as 10X per Rs. 100 spent as opposed to Rs. 150 spent? If that's the case, it means 2.5% reward rate which is good. Also, is this spend counted in a calendar month and refreshes on day 1 of next calendar month?

Anything else you would like to enlighten me upon, please do so. TIA.

I

have 2 separate joint accounts of IDFC wealth in my family. So in total I got 8K points on each of 2 primary accounts and 2 joint accounts which means 32K points:)
AFAIK In the case of JA, you must be the primary holder.
Also I dont think Joint accounts get additional lounges. Its shared between primary and joint both. You dont get anything extra in the name of a sperate joint account/joint account's debit card.
JA holders also get the same lounge benefits as the primary holder, it is not shared like CC.

Back