• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Newly Issued AMEX Card says “Account Locked Out”

Alex292929

TF Premier
I received my second AMEX card (Gold) but faced an issue when trying to add it to my existing AMEX Platinum Travel account, showing an “account is locked” error.

Chat Support advised creating a separate account for the new card, which doesn’t make sense.
Call Support said they couldn’t access my account details yet because the card was only approved yesterday and suggested waiting 24 hours.
IMG_5625.png

Solution
I received my second AMEX card (Gold) but faced an issue when trying to add it to my existing AMEX Platinum Travel account, showing an “account is locked” error.

Chat Support advised creating a separate account for the new card, which doesn’t make sense.
Call Support said they couldn’t access my account details yet because the card was only approved yesterday and suggested waiting 24 hours.
View attachment 58664

You have to create a new account.. I had done this recently...

It seems there is an option to have all in one account but it takes time and Amex has to take request for this and work on it.. while they are working on it you won't have access to your Gold card , if you choose this way...

My MR point are linked at...
Back