• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Niyo Global Equitas DC Vs Scapia

xinmushert

TF Buzz
I have recently opened a Niyo Global Equitas account and ordered the DC(Debit Card) for that account. I will be travelling in the next couple of months and post the trip I plan to use niyo account as a simple savings account for UPI transactions in India.

I just want to understand if getting a 0 forex credit card (Niyo Global CC or Scapia) add any advantage to my foreign trips? Actually, i am unable to understand the hype behind these CCs as none of them offer any points on international txns. If I am not missing on any specific advantages then I would prefer to use the equitas DC for txns.

Please help me know if the DC is enough to swipe on international trips such as Indonesia or should I opt for a credit card?

I am not looking for lounge access as I have a DCB to cover for it.

there is simply no advantage of using scapia or niyo global cc abroad..it just acts as a prepaid card with 0 forex markup and with 0 rewards
your debit card should be enough and if for some reason you need a backup card you have your dcb

Why don't you use DCB for international spends? Forex markup is 2% but you get 3.3% reward points. Isn't that net positive rewards?

Why don't you use DCB for international spends? Forex markup is 2% but you get 3.3% reward points. Isn't that net positive rewards?
I have read on multiple forums that the acceptance of Diners based cards is very less, while VISA has the highest acceptance. Thus, wanted a VISA based card.

Th
there is simply no advantage of using scapia or niyo global cc abroad..it just acts as a prepaid card with 0 forex markup and with 0 rewards
your debit card should be enough and if for some reason you need a backup card you have your dcb
Thanks for the reply, I will then not apply for Scapia or Niyo global CC and use this DC for my travel plans

I have read on multiple forums that the acceptance of Diners based cards is very less, while VISA has the highest acceptance. Thus, wanted a VISA based card.
Hmm yeah. True. Getting a CC for international spends may provide additional security cover over debit cards in case of any frauds. That's the one valid reason I could see.

Hmm yeah. True. Getting a CC for international spends may provide additional security cover over debit cards in case of any frauds. That's the one valid reason I could see.
I agree on the security aspect but I plan to keep limited funds in the niyo account for the trip and also I am not sure if niyo or Scapia have a well established dispute mechanism in place.

IDFC Wow works quite well here. It gives 0.67% reward rate and is on Visa infinite platform. It is FD backed card, but FD also is available at 7.5% interest rates

Back