• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

NO APPS/WEBSITES ALLOWING TO PAY CREDIT CARD BILLS (BEFORE CIBIL REPORTING DATE)

In order to protect my CUR iam trying to make credit card bill payments before bill generation date and no one is allowing me to pay ... i tried canara, sbi, jiofin etc etc
they are asking to enter the amount which is below the last generated amount which is 0
I can still be able to make payments through upi and other methods but my aim is to make advanced payments and get 1% cashback with hdfc debit card

CIBIL is not one month thing, they need solid data from last 3 years to calculate your score. The more they have the data the better. So, its not one month CUR you have to worry, make sure its not consistent over the period, then only it will affect. Otherwise, anything and everything will be temporary and reset back to square 1, and then again you have to worry.

Just ignore, but do pay on time, and spend only that you can pay. this all I can say.

--------------

Moreover, will you do this lifelong to protect the score? not possible right? Spend wisely, apply moderately and pay on time. Do not worry remaining things which are not under your control and make you trouble.

ppl do this to reduce their CUR
But IMO It's not required
if u spend more than 30% of ur total credit limit of all cards monthly /regularly and the same is being reported to credit bureaus every month then u may consider paying advance payments to balance ur credit score
if u spend a huge amount this month and ur spends r not that high monthly/Regularly then even if ur credit score reduced due to high CUR it will be recovered automatically later so no need to pay in advance
this is how it works

It totally depends on ur regular spending pattern...
Ok so nothing related to notices or info in AIS etc.. just to up their cibil score people prefer this method then..

CIBIL is not one month thing, they need solid data from last 3 years to calculate your score. The more they have the data the better. So, its not one month CUR you have to worry, make sure its not consistent over the period, then only it will affect. Otherwise, anything and everything will be temporary and reset back to square 1, and then again you have to worry.

Just ignore, but do pay on time, and spend only that you can pay. this all I can say.

--------------

Moreover, will you do this lifelong to protect the score? not possible right? Spend wisely, apply moderately and pay on time. Do not worry remaining things which are not under your control and make you trouble.
GOOD PIECE OF ADVICE

So just a question.. why make advance payment when you can take advantage to 45 day free vredit period right.. why people do it? Just curious and want to know if i should start too.. since I have around 3L+ spend of cc spread accross different cc per month..
technically you willl get 45 days or 55 days only for the first time and from next time you have to pay within 30 days (if you are rotating or using the card for 2nd time straight) so instead of paying on the due date let's pay in advance ..... in both the cases your free credit period will remain the same (20 days)

In order to protect my CUR iam trying to make credit card bill payments before bill generation date and no one is allowing me to pay ... i tried canara, sbi, jiofin etc etc
they are asking to enter the amount which is below the last generated amount which is 0
I can still be able to make payments through upi and other methods but my aim is to make advanced payments and get 1% cashback with hdfc debit card
PLEASE EDIT TITLE WITH LOWER CASE.

technically you willl get 45 days or 55 days only for the first time and from next time you have to pay within 30 days (if you are rotating or using the card for 2nd time straight) so instead of paying on the due date let's pay in advance ..... in both the cases your free credit period will remain the same (20 days)
Thanks for your response.. i believe it depends, for ex someone have 3L credit limit.. now in case of rotating you would want to keep the total spend less than 10L in a year to avoid Ais reporting.. so you would spend maybe 1L every month.. now if you can manage the spending as per billing cycle so you can 45 days easily every time...

Coming to my main query, as per everyone replies.. people do it just for pre-payment.. and not due to any reporting happening or data collected by cibil.

Reactions: SAS
Thanks for your response.. i believe it depends, for ex someone have 3L credit limit.. now in case of rotating you would want to keep the total spend less than 10L in a year to avoid Ais reporting.. so you would spend maybe 1L every month.. now if you can manage the spending as per billing cycle so you can 45 days easily every time...

Coming to my main query, as per everyone replies.. people do it just for pre-payment.. and not due to any reporting happening or data collected by cibil.

what kind of math it is ??? lol you have 1l every month so 10th month let's say you have spent only 99999 so your total spends will be 999999 and you won't get AIS reporting and you have 2 months to spare and can you divide it by other 12 .... max you can have 5 days extra which means 35 days you can get at max per one billing cycle ....... most of the people does the pre payment .... top reasons could be 1. they might want to keep cur under 30% or 2. they will pay in advance as they may forget it .... or else why would people want to make payment in advance (if you don't have anything to do with cibil then araaam se statement ke baad pay karlo koi tension nahi)

what kind of math it is ??? lol you have 1l every month so 10th month let's say you have spent only 99999 so your total spends will be 999999 and you won't get AIS reporting and you have 2 months to spare and can you divide it by other 12 .... max you can have 5 days extra which means 35 days you can get at max per one billing cycle .......
Hi, I said 1L as an example, Suppose the statement is on 12th of every month. Considering 3L as cc limit..

Then:
Spend 1L on 13 June(2L limit left) -> Statement generated on 12 July, Spend 1L more on 13 July (you will have 1L limit left still) --> you pay 1L as payment near 31 July(payment for 12 June shopping) --> Now you again have 2L limit back --> SPend 1L more on 12 Aug (you will have 1L limit left still)--> you pay 1L as payment near 31 Aug(payment for 12 July shopping).. similarly follow for every month.. so you can get 45 days of advance payment time always easily.. just have to manage how much you spend wrt your cc limit and when you spend(next day of statement generation) to get full 45 days extra.

I took 1L as example for easy calculation. see the goal is to complete less than 10L spend as to avoid anything wrt AIS. Now you can complete 9.5L(to be safe) in 10 months also, or do 75k every month for the whole year but that was not the point.

most of the people does the pre payment .... top reasons could be 1. they might want to keep cur under 30% or 2. they will pay in advance as they may forget it .... or else why would people want to make payment in advance (if you don't have anything to do with cibil then araaam se statement ke baad pay karlo koi tension nahi)
I initially thought people were pre-paying since if the amount gets reported its basically a record to govt that they have spent this much amount and then the rotators would pre-pay to ensure that extra amount is not coming under attention(This is what I wanted to check if that was the case).. however it looks like this is not the case since as you mentioned they are pre-paying to keep cur under 30% or to avoid penalty due to forgetfulness.

Last edited:
Try Cheq app

Every bank has net banking option to pay the bill.

Where your credit card no. Is your account no.
And ifsi code of that particular bank creditcard department.

Every bank need to have this direct pay option for net banking via. Rtgs or neft.

You to register the same and pay on that account, the amount will be creited to your card account and will be treated as early payment.

Remember Axis Bank also has same feature but cannot accept from axis bank account, so you can any other bank account to pay for card issued by axis.

If you can tell which is card provided, I can help you find neft and rtgs option of payment.

Last edited:
I just paid some amount in advance before billing date to maintain credit utilisation limit using Amazon Pay.
For SBIcard- payment received and reflected by SBI within 2 minutes.
For Axis- payment reversed/refunded back to bank account.Any idea why?

I just paid some amount in advance before billing date to maintain credit utilisation limit using Amazon Pay.
For SBIcard- payment received and reflected by SBI within 2 minutes.
For Axis- payment reversed/refunded back to bank account.Any idea why?
Axis bank details are as follows

Screenshot_20240915_063127_Chrome.webp

Please check the details where you made payment, don't pay from any axis bank account, you can pay from any other bank.

Every bank has net banking option to pay the bill.

Where your credit card no. Is your account no.
And ifsi code of that particular bank creditcard department.

Every bank need to have this direct pay option for net banking via. Rtgs or neft.

You to register the same and pay on that account, the amount will be creited to your card account and will be treated as early payment.

Remember Axis Bank also has same feature but cannot accept from axis bank account, so you can any other bank account to pay for card issued by axis.

If you can tell which is card provided, I can help you find neft and rtgs option of payment.
i wanted to make payment to axis airtl credit card through my hdfc platinum debit card (i only wanted to pay through debit card) that's why i have not been to axis app to pay via netbanking or rtgs something

i wanted to make payment to axis airtl credit card through my hdfc platinum debit card (i only wanted to pay through debit card) that's why i have not been to axis app to pay via netbanking or rtgs something
Sorry...
Early payment only possible via. neft or rtgs.
So you would require to use net banking, or else old traditional way of cheque at nearest dropbox.

Last edited:
From personal experience I know that -
HDFC credit card doesn't permit paying more than due via Unipay/setu/jiofin.
But SBI CC and IDFC CC permit

Axis bank details are as follows

View attachment 68874

Please check the details where you made payment, don't pay from any axis bank account, you can pay from any other bank.
It didn't ask me for above details.
I used Amazon Pay > Credit Card Bill Payment > Enter card details securely > Enter amount > pay via netbanking of different bank. Payment deducted and refunded in 30 minutes.

Update: I tried UPI payment cc.91xxxxxxxxxxx@axisbank and it immediately received.

Just wondering if I can pay axis bill in advance through these apps like amazonpay for some rewards as vpa UPI payment doesn't give any.

It didn't ask me for above details.
I used Amazon Pay > Credit Card Bill Payment > Enter card details securely > Enter amount > pay via netbanking of different bank. Payment deducted and refunded in 30 minutes.

Update: I tried UPI payment cc.91xxxxxxxxxxx@axisbank and it immediately received.

Just wondering if I can pay axis bill in advance through these apps like amazonpay for some rewards as vpa UPI payment doesn't give any.
Just tried 3rd time with Amazon Pay and it went through in 1 minute.
I guess it's just technical glitch sometimes. Thank you.

From personal experience I know that -
HDFC credit card doesn't permit paying more than due via Unipay/setu/jiofin.
But SBI CC and IDFC CC permit
You can pay for hdfc credit card also via. neft or rtgs, because I do pay many times early for my hdfc bank credit card.

Account No.: your credit card no.
Ifsi code: HDFC0000128

Back