• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

No cost EMI and Flipkart - Laptop for affordable price

Tosh

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I purchased a laptop (yet to be delivered) from Flipkart using HDFC credit card (no cost EMI) would need some words of wisdom here

Now my concern is that the same laptop is listed on Amazon for 167k while Flipkart listing was 130k. I doubt it was fake because Predator website redirect me to the Flipkart page.

After I bought the device it's price update to 135k the very next hour

I got the laptop for effectively ~117k Coming to EMI the principal was 109k and interest some 8k odd rupees I am planning to cancel the EMI and pay full but it being the first day today I am being asked to pay some pro-rata based interest amount of approx ~1.2k which seems weird to me as that is more than the total amount an entire month should have as it was a 9 month plan.

Payment was done on Thursday 7pm and I see today there are foreclosure charges of approx 3k which shouldn't be there as it's not 3 days yet

So can anyone help with explanation of
1. Pro rata interst
2. Foreclosure charges
3. What should be checked while deliveru

Pro rata interst
The pro rata amount earned for a shorter period is calculated by dividing the total amount of interest by the number of months in a year and multiplying by the number of months in the truncated period if an investment earns an annual interest rate.
Foreclosure charges
Foreclosure charges are fees that lenders may impose when a borrower pays off a loan before the end of the loan term. These charges are intended to compensate for lost interest
What should be checked while deliveru
The product nothing else to check while delivery

Back