• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

No International lounge access via Rupay Platinum

Cloud

TF Buzz
Hi team

I’m holding Rupay platinum of HDFC and ICIC bank and today both of them very declined by lounge systems at Florence Airport, Italy.
International transactions are ON on both cards and they lounge is in the list available on rupay official website

Update:
International transactions were OFF and I’m able to use lounge outside India without any issue except in Romania (they don’t even accept priority pass).

Last edited:

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi team

I’m holding Rupay platinum of HDFC and ICIC bank and today both of them very declined by lounge systems at Florence Airport, Italy.
International transactions are ON on both cards and they lounge is in the list available on rupay official website
Rupay CC doesn't work directly for lounge access like Visa and MasterCard do.

International lounge for rupay cards have to be accessed using loungekey program.

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi team

Also
Are you talking about CC or DC

And are you sure both of these cards have international lounge access??

aamaadmi

TF Select
VIP Lounge
@Abhishek012 rupay expert. Kindly explain how to use rupay cards for international lounge access. How does loungekey program work? Or can we use rupay cards directly as well? Is the process different for rupay/rupay-diners/rupay-jcb cards?

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
@Abhishek012 rupay expert. Kindly explain how to use rupay cards for international lounge access. How does loungekey program work? Or can we use rupay cards directly as well? Is the process different for rupay/rupay-diners/rupay-jcb cards?
HDFC and ICICI both issue currently RuPay-Discover/Diners variant debit/credit card.

Both banks disabled International airport lounge access for RuPay Platinum debit card.

Lounge access bill is paid by banks, customers are misusing RuPay airport lounge access that's why banks disabled lounge access benefit.

@Cloud
@HyperBeast

aamaadmi

TF Select
VIP Lounge
HDFC and ICICI both issue currently RuPay-Discover/Diners variant debit/credit card.

Both banks disabled International airport lounge access for RuPay Platinum debit card.

Lounge access bill is paid by banks, customers are misusing RuPay airport lounge access that's why banks disabled lounge access benefit.

@Cloud
@HyperBeast
What about PSU banks? SBI/BoB/Union Bank etc? I don't think they will be as strict.
Btw, i saw your old post in Desidime regarding issues in registering SBI JCB-Rupay card on loungekey site. Is the issue resolved?
It'd be good if you make a detailed post on international lounge faiclity for rupay cards and how to access them. Thanks for your service 😃

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
What about PSU banks? SBI/BoB/Union Bank etc? I don't think they will be as strict.
Btw, i saw your old post in Desidime regarding issues in registering SBI JCB-Rupay card on loungekey site. Is the issue resolved?
It'd be good if you make a detailed post on international lounge faiclity for rupay cards and how to access them. Thanks for your service 😃
No, SBI and Union bank both disabled loungekey service for international airport lounge access.

But Union bank RuPay JCB debit cards users use for in-City lounge in selected countries and unlimited Airport lounge access in Japan and China.
2 lounge access per year on selected countries for JCB debit cards.

In-City lounge also available on SBI RuPay JCB debit cards.

Note - This info is for RuPay JCB co-branded debit cards issue by SBI and Union bank. Also note JCB variant cards loungekey services is decide by banks.

iNokia

TF Premier
Unlucky. But i wonder how customers are misusing benefit. If they have card they can go and avail the access 2 times a year. It seems its loss making for banks and the cause is wrong calculation/prediction made by bank while creating the product.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge

@Cloud
@HyperBeast
Yes I have hdfc and icici rupay platinum if we see backside of the card logo of diners club and jcb so I thought rupay have tie up for lounge too

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Yes I have hdfc and icici rupay platinum if we see backside of the card logo of diners club and jcb so I thought rupay have tie up for lounge too
If im not wrong then in year 2018, RuPay release a circular where card issuer banks have an option to not provide free airport lounge benefits if they want.

After that mostly all banks disabled International lounges for RuPay cards.

Some banks also disabled domestic lounge access like Paytm payments bank.

Also possbile banks disabled RuPay Select cards International lounges too.

@iNokia

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
If im not wrong then in year 2018, RuPay release a circular where card issuer banks have an option to not provide free airport lounge benefits if they want.

@iNokia
Banking sector focus on p&l than customer service 🤔

sarainfo12

TF Premier

@iNokia
Canara bank website simply they mentioned rupay platinum card have lounge access. But didn't mentioned about international or domestic. Have any idea will they have international lounge access or not . They charging 500+Gst for platinum card lol . Screenshot_2023-08-02-13-15-48-64_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
IMG20230801142944~2.jpg
In their salary account offer sheet , they mentioned platinum debit card with international access. But confused whether it is account type specific or any account with platinum card can have ?

sarainfo12

TF Premier
Canara bank website simply they mentioned rupay platinum card have lounge access. But didn't mentioned about international or domestic. Have any idea will they have international lounge access or not . They charging 500+Gst for platinum card lol . Screenshot_2023-08-02-13-15-48-64_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
IMG20230801142944~2.jpg
In their salary account offer sheet , they mentioned platinum debit card with international access. But confused whether it is account type specific or any account with platinum card can have ?
@Abhishek012

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
IMG20230801142944~2.jpg
If you want International lounge access better to use any other card na. why wasting your time on psu bank cards.

sarainfo12

TF Premier
If you want International lounge access better to use any other card na. why wasting your time on psu bank cards.
Because i already have that card and don't have any other cards which have international lounge access. Have lot of cards with domestic access only.
Planning to visit Dubai sept or Oct.

This card I got as default when the account opened last year by my old company ( they opened as savings account not by salary account, they are start up ) . But I never activated , 2 days ago ( after 1 year and 3 months ) i Activated the card and did initial deposit to the account and got debited charges for debit card , sms and others .