• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

No Limit increase in Tata NEU plus credit card for 7 months.

Ekavya

TF Premier
My HDFC TATA NEU PLUS credit card is going to be 7 month old. But I am still not getting limit increase offer. (Current Limit 50k). Every month I regularly spent 40k+ on this card using UPI. My CC limit for other bank cards are 4.6L and 2.8L. Can someone please tell me the reason?

My HDFC TATA NEU PLUS credit card is going to be 7 month old. But I am still not getting limit increase offer. (Current Limit 50k). Every month I regularly spent 40k+ on this card using UPI. My CC limit for other bank cards are 4.6L and 2.8L. Can someone please tell me the reason?
You're getting upset after just 7 months, my friend. Here, even after using a card for years, people don't quickly get an offer for a credit limit increase. In HDFC Bank, these offers depend on luck. If you're lucky, you might be offered a limit increase or card upgrade after a year. If not, the only option left is to manually request a limit increase from the bank, either by email or offline.

If you have income docs send it via mail to get limit enhancement. I had 33K limit for around 9-10 months and got it increased to 2lakh and also were able to convert it into Neu infinity.

Here are the reasons:
1) It is HDFC Bank
2) your Card is a co-branded card
3) Your wait period is too less ie. 7 months
4) Your expectations are too HIGH !!! ....
etc
etc. ;)

Last edited:
My HDFC TATA NEU PLUS credit card is going to be 7 month old. But I am still not getting a limit increase offer. (Current Limit 50k). Every month I regularly spent 40k+ on this card using UPI. My CC limit for other bank cards are 4.6L and 2.8L. Can someone please tell me the reason?
The waiting period is very low in ur case
If u still want a LE Close the card and apply immediately for their core cards(I'd suggest starting with Millennia) U will get a better limit
I was stuck with Moneyback+ for 2 yrs No LE or Upgrade rcvd so I closed my card and immediately applied for TATA neu inf and got a good limit.

HDFC recently downgraded the Millennia CC. Some are getting LTF or FYF. Better apply for Millennia as chances are quite high for approval. Watch Spendwisely latest video on it.

You're getting upset after just 7 months, my friend. Here, even after using a card for years, people don't quickly get an offer for a credit limit increase. In HDFC Bank, these offers depend on luck. If you're lucky, you might be offered a limit increase or card upgrade after a year. If not, the only option left is to manually request a limit increase from the bank, either by email or offline.
In ICICI AND AXIS CCs I got Limit Increase offer and Card upgrade just after 6 months. But it seems things are different with HDFC.

Here we are waiting from 1.5 years for LE and you expect in 7 months 😁

Auto LE totally depends upon bank when they will offer

Only way is If you have income proof then send mail to HDFC to increase.
Bro I got one limit increase offer from ICICI just after 6 months. And in case of axis my 15k limit was increased to 60k and then 2.76L after 6 months. But now it seems that HDFC is a different kind of bank

I have seen people who don't use cards for 6 months or more get LE increase. Someone in the forum reported that they got LE from 6L to 20L on Regalia Gold. Also, since you have cobranded card, it is very less likely that you will get LE in HDFC as per forum members observations, either way it is mixed bag.

I have seen people who don't use cards for 6 months or more get LE increase. Someone in the forum reported that they got LE from 6L to 20L on Regalia Gold. Also, since you have cobranded card, it is very less likely that you will get LE in HDFC as per forum members observations, either way it is mixed bag.
Yeah! Co-Branded card is the issue. I will close it before annual charges.

What shocked me was you are having this Neu card with annual charges :D
Your priority should be to get it converted LTF , first...
It's a long story. I was shown LTF offer on the app. But after cibit hit it was shown paid card. But I took it as it was FYF. Mailed theri support with the SS three times. Each and everytime got the same reply. "Blaa Bla Bla Can't make it LTF". As I already has crossed the Fee waver mark I am hoping to keep it. But in future I have to pay the fee I would defenitely close it. Just need a HDFC CC for bank offers.

Yeah! Co-Branded card is the issue. I will close it before annual charges.
Don't close the Credit Card.Please wait and watch.You have one of the best HDFC Credit Card you can have.I also didn't get any Limit increase offer for more than 18 months.However I am very much satisfied with Tata Neu Plus Credit Card and now want to upgrade it to Tata Neu Infinity Credit Card.As in HDFC Credit Card lineup after Infinia Metal Credit Card,Tata Neu Infinity Credit Card is the most rewarding credit card.

Don't close the Credit Card.Please wait and watch.You have one of the best HDFC Credit Card you can have.I also didn't get any Limit increase offer for more than 18 months.However I am very much satisfied with Tata Neu Plus Credit Card and now want to upgrade it to Tata Neu Infinity Credit Card.As in HDFC Credit Card lineup after Infinia Metal Credit Card,Tata Neu Infinity Credit Card is the most rewarding credit card.
To upgrade it to Infinity you need 1.5L limit. Have you got your limit increased?

Back