• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

No notification on delayed payement, card blocked

mmatters

TF Buzz
Hi,

I have been holding an Amazon pay icici bank credit card for over 2 years and till date never delayed any payment.
However last month, I somehow missed the payment. To my defense, I never got any payment reminder, or due date reminder from ICICI. Also, no messages, mails, calls after the payment got delayed as well. I was casually making payment this month only to realise the hefty amount of late payemnt fees and taxes.
Is it worth to try and persuade the late payment charges as they have clearly not communicated regarding the lateness?

Another isssue, is that I called customer care sometime back, the serive agent told me they have not recieved the full payement yet in their system and asked to make the payment again. How ridiculous is this? I made the whole payment including the late fee from Amazon app and it's showing as paid, and the customer agent is asking me to pay again to avoid late payment charges again. 😝 Truly pathetic behaviour. Can anyone tell me what can I do here?

Hi,

I have been holding an Amazon pay icici bank credit card for over 2 years and till date never delayed any payment.
However last month, I somehow missed the payment. To my defense, I never got any payment reminder, or due date reminder from ICICI. Also, no messages, mails, calls after the payment got delayed as well. I was casually making payment this month only to realise the hefty amount of late payemnt fees and taxes.
Is it worth to try and persuade the late payment charges as they have clearly not communicated regarding the lateness?

Another isssue, is that I called customer care sometime back, the serive agent told me they have not recieved the full payement yet in their system and asked to make the payment again. How ridiculous is this? I made the whole payment including the late fee from Amazon app and it's showing as paid, and the customer agent is asking me to pay again to avoid late payment charges again. 😝 Truly pathetic behaviour. Can anyone tell me what can I do here?
nothing.. it will settle in a day or two.. years end accounting.. after that try and negotiate for charges reversal.. they are not obligated to remind you.. u wd have recvd a stmt??

In such case always pay from mobile app via icici account

Hi,

Did u paid the minimum amount due on time or it will go in late payment

Y
Bro It's our responsibility to check and clear the dues on time.
Yes I agree, I have been using credit card for more than 6 years now, and I have never missed a payment. This time, however I missed, I know mistake is on my end. Howevr wanted to know if there is any provision to request for onetime reversal of charges

Hi,

There is nothing you could do for the current situation.

If you don't have ICICI Bank account, close the card and move on. Not just this card, close any card where payment can not be settled automatically.

We think we will settle the payment as soon as there is a notification (from CRED/your fav app, SMS or email). However, shit happens in life. We can't even touch the phone for weeks or months. At hospitals, for example. In such situations, automatic payment is the main option.

If you have savings bank account with the card issuing bank, use auto-debit. For others, some card issuing banks support e-NACH that can be used to pay automatically from any savings bank account. However, only limited number cards are supporting this. Axis and OneCard support. Unfortunately, ICICI doesn't. I still use ICICI CC, but only for subscriptions that have fixed rate. I settle the bills through scheduled NEFT. Or keep sharing your spends with the family / friends and let them know how to pay the bills even if they are not generated (takes less than a minute to pay the dues for ICICI cards via UPI / IMPS).

Credit cards make profit mainly through delayed payment fees. Yearly fees, if any, is negligible compared to other fees. All credit cards play the long game with the consumers. They want the credit card holders to miss the payment in the long run. Either learn to play their own game or get rid of them. Peace is more important than the cashbacks / rewards we get.

Back