• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

NO REWARD POINTS ON HDFC BILLPAY DIRECTLY- RENTALBBPSNO

On 22nd paying 100 rs. test transaction for icici bbps payment gave me BBPSBILLPAY merchant name. Can't confirm RP as I already got 750 for this month

Reactions: SSV
Yes
Payment date plus 2 we can see the results
View attachment 62420

But it seems this change was not impmented by 16th ...as it is sitll showing as POS transaction in the SB account transaction details..
we need to wait for confirmaition from others where the transaction shows as Rental...

I will do a test transaction now and report it back in 3 days..

On 22nd paying 100 rs. test transaction for icici bbps payment gave me BBPSBILLPAY merchant name. Can't confirm RP as I already got 750 for this month

Just now did a transaction .. it gave the RentalBBPS in the transaction SMS..

1721896036559.webp

However, in the transaction, details of the SB account it still shows as a POS transaction but with Rental BBPS..

Lets wait and see..

The current new transaction shows POS with description RENTALBBPSNO
1721896222562.webp

Where as for the previous successful tranaction which fetched RPs it showed as POS transaction with BBPSBILLPAY

1721896360030.webp

Things has definitely changed but whether that change resulted in loss of RP or not.. we will know soon..

paid bill just now and transaction is showing like this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240725-144646.webp
    Screenshot_20240725-144646.webp
    14.6 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Seems like a lottery based Merchant name now on HDFC BillPay. But as many say don't come to conclusion till 2-7 days after txns. Someone will confirm here. My friend exhausted its limit else would have tried from him Plat DC. For time being if you are doubtful then use other sites/apps to clear CC bills.

Right now, I am on call with HDFC imperia support..
they are saying they can't tell MCC for DC transactions...
For CC transactions they can tell..
Still on the call
Okay finished the call ..
as we know these ladies are junior resources..

She said no MCC s can be seen by her as it was a DC transaction.. okay I agreed with that and moved on..

then I asked her
what is the difference in the descpriton between
RENTALBBPSNO
and
BBPSBILLPAY
even though I did the same transaction type ie. paying CC bill using HDFC DC via HDFC Bill pay protal..

for that she went to her senior for 10 minutes.. and came back:
"sorry dont worry.. because of some technical issue it is showing that descritption and blah blah..."

Essetntially what I udnerstood from this call.. the descrptions are not correctly indicating the correctness of transactions.

The workflow is important here.. and we paid the CC bills via HDFC billpay portal and nothing has changed about how HDFC treats this payment..

We will get our 1% CB.. is my gut feel...

Last edited:
paid bill just now and transaction is showing like this
Wow... so it is random now...
This will definitely get the RPs...

Now, my suspicion is it is a technical issue..

and we will get our RPs irrestive of what is shown here.. in my view..

Okay finished the call ..
as we know these ladies are junior resources..

She said no MCC s can be seen by her as it was a DC transaction.. okay I agreed with that and moved on..

then I asked her
what is the difference in the descpriton between
RENTALBBPSNO
and
BBPSBILLPAY
even though I did the same transaction type ie. paying CC bill using HDFC DC via HDFC Bill pay protal..

for that she went to her senior for 10 minutes.. and came back:
"sorry dont worry.. because of some technical issue it is showing that descritption and blah blah..."

Essetntially what I udnerstood from this call.. the descrptions are not correctly indicating the correctness of transactions.

The workflow is important here.. and we paid the CC bills via HDFC billpay portal and nothing has changed about how HDFC treats this payment..

We will get our 1% CB.. is my gut feel...
Front phone banking support team have 0 knowledge about some of issues and product related.

Once I dialled them(2nd July) to know when HDFC will be live on bbps as unable to pay bill through 3rd party apps ? She replied HDFC is live on bbps from 1st July but Paytm, cred are to be on bbps so contact them when will they live on bbps. What to argue with them ?

Btw just now I did 2 cc bill paid and same merchant are coming as previous.

IMG_20240725_163223.webp

Back