• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Not able to get an axis bank credit card.

Hi,

I have been trying to get a card from AXIS bank for past 2 years but i am not able to get as basic card as MYZONE card from axis bank.
I have DCB, IDFC Wealth, Induslnd Legend, HDFC Infinity etc card but I am not sure why they are declining the card again and again.
My Score >750
Income is sufficient to get myzone atleast (might be applicable for magnus too)

I have escalated the case multiple times to PNO and even to RBI Ombudsman but they cannot provide me a reason for the declination of the application.

The reason seems to one of this. Added some data from email replies :-

1. "The application was declined due to prior declined it was a score-based auto decline and did not come for manual review. Thus, as per system check this case has been rejected as the previous decline data found in our record so, we are unable to process this application further."
2. "However, as per our records the same has been rejected by underwriting team stating the below reason: The underwriting team has mentioned that Name: <redacted> and PAN Number: <redacted>"
3. As per our records, We regret to inform you that we are unable to issue you a card as the information does not match with the details provided.

Further, due to some 3rd party. I have a customer id with axis bank. (FD account) sadly only 5K.

How can I get a any credit card which is LTF from axis bank. (Will choose a better card later)
I have always applied for a credit card online only.

Damn I applied for Flipkart card in 2019 Q4 and during kyc the agent made a mistake and application for decline and then he tried 2 more time but every time it got rejected either the agent Forget to upload my document or something else and In lockdown got a call from axis your application is rejected I was like I already know. Then I’m not sure how my application got approved in march 2020 for Flipkart with 1 lakhs limit and then for myzone in april/may 2022. So applying with axis is a gamble every few managed to get the axis entry level card in one shot.

My suggestion is to not apply for cards where LTF offer is currently live. Or apply for cards that are chargeable irrespective of the time of application. My Flipkart card application got rejected straightaway but my Ace card was approved after 15 days of applying. I've also been advised to never follow up once applied. It has worked wonders in my favour.

Opening a Bank Account will open a way for Pre Approved offers.

But in my case I got only Baba Ji ka thullu 🔔 by opening an Account with Axis.

They are interested in giving me Pre Approved Gold Loan, Business Loan, falana dinkana loan but never gave me an Pre Approved Card offer.

In the end , I applied offline and after few CIBIL hits my card is in my hard.

So if you do not care about CIBIL hits, and wants a opening in Axis Credit Card, then Apply for different different card.

Just like for graduation our % or subjects did not fit for a particular course we change the course as per the % and subjects , you also have to try to apply for different different Axis Cards.

I first Applied for Axis Neo- Rejected
Then Ace Rejected.
Then agent told sir ek chance aur lete hai MYZone ka, toh mne chance liya and Axis deemed me fit for Myzone but not for Ace and Neo
Kuch toh diya axis ne Vishesh bhai.

I'm relieved to know I'm not the only one facing repeated rejections. 🤣 By the way, how many times have you been rejected? 🤣

Let me share the experiences I've gathered after numerous rejections. If you've already faced rejection 3-4 times, it becomes quite challenging to get a card from them, especially a basic one like MyZone. 🤣 However, there's a higher probability of approval if you apply for a premium card like Magnus through C2C basis. They are inclined towards customers who spend on their premium cards and meet monthly spending milestones. 🤣 But I wouldn't recommend that approach. Instead, visit your nearest branch and request them to process your application through C2C, assuming you haven't done so already. If you have, refrain from applying immediately. Instead, consider opening an account with them, maintain funds, and use it as your primary account to establish a relationship. After some time, you can try applying again through the C2C process. Don't be like me and rush for Magnus out of frustration, thinking it would make it easier to get a basic card like Airtel. But the reality is, nothing changed. I'm still getting rejected for these basic entry-level cards. 🤣
Me too facing same issu with Axis and its solved by opening a savings account, after opening savings account i got pre-approved Credit card within 90 days. Earlier it's rejected thrice by Axis.

Getting cards from SC, Citi or HSBC is much easier than Axis ! Fortunately I could start my journey with Kiwi Kwik. Lets see if Axis offers upgrade offers after 6 months 😝
Yes Probability is there..
Depends up on how popular this will become with time..Time will tell because there are many better cards available in CC market with good RP/Cashbacks.

This is the procudure for them to appove/decline the card

Bank has a centralized underwriting team that handles card applications sourced across locations. All credit card applications undergo automated checks on onboarding system which reviews application on multiple criteria including credit decision rules, bureau profile, NSDL validation, de-dupe against existing cardholders/ negative list, KYC match etc. Basis such checks, applications meeting all criteria are auto-decisioned in system and routed for straight-through processing and remaining are routed for DIP/ Underwriting checks. The decisioned cases are approved by the underwriting staff as per delegation on the decision systems. This comprises of a) Credit DIP team which reviews applications for KYC and other application level checks basis which the application is approved for further processing or marked for rework/ review. B) Credit Underwriting team that validates other credit checks such as de-dupe, negative list match, field-investigation etc.

For full details - https://www.axisbank.com/docs/defau...e/credit-card-issuance-and-conduct-policy.pdf

P.S. - My AXIS MYZone card is approved today.
I have to write a mail to the CEO and MD of Head of Card Department and threaten them to start a legal case if they cannot provide me a valid reason for declination of card.

Total applications before this application = 5
First Application date - Feb 2022.

According me to my understanding, my name/pan entered the -ve list they are maintaining and thats why it is getting rejected. (Pure Assumption)
Because every time it was declined they say it was due to "internal scoring as low" not the "CIBIL Score"

Bank has a centralized underwriting team that handles card applications sourced across locations. All credit card applications undergo automated checks on onboarding system which reviews application on multiple criteria including credit decision rules, bureau profile, NSDL validation, de-dupe against existing cardholders/ negative list, KYC match etc. Basis such checks, applications meeting all criteria are auto-decisioned in system and routed for straight-through processing and remaining are routed for DIP/ Underwriting checks. The decisioned cases are approved by the underwriting staff as per delegation on the decision systems. This comprises of a) Credit DIP team which reviews applications for KYC and other application level checks basis which the application is approved for further processing or marked for rework/ review. B) Credit Underwriting team that validates other credit checks such as de-dupe, negative list match, field-investigation etc.

For full details - https://www.axisbank.com/docs/defau...e/credit-card-issuance-and-conduct-policy.pdf

I have to write a mail to the CEO and MD of Head of Card Department and threaten them to start a legal case if they cannot provide me a valid reason for declination of card.

According me to my understanding, my name/pan entered the -ve list they are maintaining and thats why it is getting rejected. (Pure Assumption)
Because every time it was declined they say it was due to "internal scoring as low" not the "CIBIL Score"
Further, I believe getting this card might not solve the problem of getting other cards in future.

If it is a Axis Bank LTF card you want (any card), then you could try for Axis LIC credit card.

Reward rates & benefits are not that much, but still, if you don't have a Axis CC, you could apply for this one, it's LTF and card eligibility requirements are low too.

I received call from third party agency which deals in Axis LIC CCs , applied through agent of that agency. If you want I could DM you agent's number.

Opening a Bank Account will open a way for Pre Approved offers.

But in my case I got only Baba Ji ka thullu 🔔 by opening an Account with Axis.

They are interested in giving me Pre Approved Gold Loan, Business Loan, falana dinkana loan but never gave me an Pre Approved Card offer.

In the end , I applied offline and after few CIBIL hits my card is in my hard.

So if you do not care about CIBIL hits, and wants a opening in Axis Credit Card, then Apply for different different card.

Just like for graduation our % or subjects did not fit for a particular course we change the course as per the % and subjects , you also have to try to apply for different different Axis Cards.

I first Applied for Axis Neo- Rejected
Then Ace Rejected.
Then agent told sir ek chance aur lete hai MYZone ka, toh mne chance liya and Axis deemed me fit for Myzone but not for Ace and Neo
I have two Axis cards. For Neo, today they sent an email. The email has an attachment on the Axis Bank letterhead: Thank you for applying for an Axis Bank Credit card. However, we regret to inform you of our inability to process the same, as we could not verify the address/phone number given by you during the application stage.

What should I make of it?

I have two Axis cards. For Neo, today they sent an email. The email has an attachment on the Axis Bank letterhead: Thank you for applying for an Axis Bank Credit card. However, we regret to inform you of our inability to process the same, as we could not verify the address/phone number given by you during the application stage.

What should I make of it?
Verification failed, application rejected.
Apply again after cooldown period.

Of if you want to fight, you can ask for re consideration.

Verification failed, application rejected.
Apply again after cooldown period.

Of if you want to fight, you can ask for re consideration.
Verification didn't fail, I received a call, answered their stupid questions.
No need to take another CIBIL hit, never again clicking on LTF banner, will be taking the pre-approved offers route as I have many, and the card is just a phone away.
A few days ago, before applying I had a call with CC, and they said, "If we do it from our end, it won't be lft. You can try ltf from the website." They also said, "Although we are now allowing three cards per account holder, more than one ltf is subject to approval." I believe that's the reason in my case.
Rahi baat fight ki to, it has just begun now with an email to nodal. I am sure I will get a call tomorrow.

I have different experience from Axis bank. They rejected my credit card applications several times. Funny thing is they even rejected my salary account opening application also by saying internal policies. I send a serious Msg to bank Manger if my account is not activated within 7 days then I will move to another bank for my salary account. Then they took another application and the process is different than previous application ( I think it's completely offline application). As someone mentioned in this thread, they have negative list and automatically rejecting any application with them not only credit card application. After six months of getting salary account, tried to apply pre-approved card from bank app, still bank rejected and surprised that even having salary account with didn't help me to get my hands on Axis credit card. Now, I am not interested anymore to Axis credit card.

Negative list ? How do they create it ?

Back