• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Google Wallet is Live in India Now [For ALL]

RajMahadik

TF Premier
Bharat ka thread pe America ka assumption 😂

Nahi batana hai toh theek hai 🙂

Waise bhi City name guess ke liye tha baaki jagh kab tak rollout hoga... latitude longitude rehta toh alag baat 😂
Arrey bhai sach me india region set he...open playstore > settings > general > acc and device preference > country and profiles.

FYI Region- WEST > GUJARAT > SURAT

TODAY, about 5 minutes back, GOOGLE OFFICIALLY SAYS THAT THEY ARE NOT LAUNCHING THE GOOGLE WALLET IN INDIA. The news says so :

Google Wallet app is available in the US and a few more countries. But some people got excited when the app was working for Android users in India which hinted at an imminent launch of Google Wallet.

However, the company has been quick to dismiss those rumours and confirmed to us that Google Wallet is not launching in India, at least for now. Google already has the Google Pay platform catering to digital payment in the country, and it claims to be fully invested in the product.

#aniket

TF Ace
TODAY, about 5 minutes back, GOOGLE OFFICIALLY SAYS THAT THEY ARE NOT LAUNCHING THE GOOGLE WALLET IN INDIA. The news says so :

Google Wallet app is available in the US and a few more countries. But some people got excited when the app was working for Android users in India which hinted at an imminent launch of Google Wallet.

However, the company has been quick to dismiss those rumours and confirmed to us that Google Wallet is not launching in India, at least for now. Google already has the Google Pay platform catering to digital payment in the country, and it claims to be fully invested in the product.
News 18 !🤡

But this was already posted by The Hinduu on April 23.

They are confirming it again now.
I believe RBI is too serious about major violations in the financial market.

ICICI security issue - CC data breach.
TalkCharge wallet issue - issued without permission.
Many banks doing co-branding with startup FinTech firms.

Looking closely with a mag.glass in hand.....

tghige14

TF Buzz
Google has now officially launched Google Wallet in India today. But it looks like it's functionality is limited. No option to add DC/CCs. As of now only tickets, gift cards, loyalty passes are available to add. The Transport Pass option is useless currently as no Indian City is present.

They will be keeping both Google Wallet and Google Pay: Pay for Payments and Wallet for passes.
1000135692.jpg 1000135693.jpg
1000135681.jpg

Attachments

• 1000135681.jpg
    1000135681.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

#aniket

TF Ace
Google has now officially launched Google Wallet in India today. But it looks like it's functionality is limited. No option to add DC/CCs. As of now only tickets, gift cards, loyalty passes are available to add. The Transport Pass option is useless currently as no Indian City is present.

They will be keeping both Google Wallet and Google Pay: Pay for Payments and Wallet for passes.
View attachment 52817 1000135692.jpg 1000135693.jpg
Shit there's no option to add card?🥲

It's advertised so.

Screenshot_20240508-144328.jpg

Nonsense: In India it does not support payment features, such as saving debit or credit cards in the wallet for tap to pay (NFC) payments.

Last edited:

#aniket

TF Ace
I guess they'll probably merge gpay to wallet in the future
yes most likely use case !!

Meanwhile, Ram Papatla, GM & India Engineering Lead, Android at Google while speaking about the launch of Google Wallet in India said, "Google Pay is not going anywhere. It will remain our primary payments app. Google Wallet is specifically tailored for non-payment use cases".

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

View attachment 52817 1000135692.jpg 1000135693.jpg
Thanks for the update..

Note:

Please reduce the size of the images , as it is taking too much of screen space in desktop view.. thanks

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Sure. Took a long screenshot to show all the available partners currently present and uploaded from phone.
Yes , this happens to me also ... everytime we upload from the phone, it looks fine in mobile but in desktop it takes huge amount of display space..
So when I login from desktop again , I will resize them..
SOme people brought this into my notice for my posts as I attach a lot of SS..

Prime Carlsen

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Shit there's no option to add card?🥲

It's advertised so.

Screenshot_20240508-144328.jpg

Nonsense: In India it does not support payment features, such as saving debit or credit cards in the wallet for tap to pay (NFC) payments.

They already have a separate app for the same purpose and it is very successful too, maybe they want to stick with that.

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
They already have a separate app for the same purpose and it is very successful too, maybe they want to stick with that.
wallet app is WearOS ready which would enable Tap2Pay feature for smart watches, which is not available in GPay (as the app itself isn't available for smartwatches)

currently, Samsung has monopoly of SPay app in wearables (that too only for samsung) and restricts Rupay cards (same as GPay) as well as many banks (who have not tied up with them like IDFC, etc).

@Abhishek012 any idea when Rupay cards would be allowed for Tap2Pay feature in GPay as well as other apps like samsung pay ?

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
wallet app is WearOS ready which would enable Tap2Pay feature for smart watches, which is not available in GPay (as the app itself isn't available for smartwatches)

currently, Samsung has monopoly of SPay app in wearables (that too only for samsung) and restricts Rupay cards (same as GPay) as well as many banks (who have not tied up with them like IDFC, etc).

@Abhishek012 any idea when Rupay cards would be allowed for Tap2Pay feature in GPay as well as other apps like samsung pay ?
Less than 0.1% user used Mobile based Tap & Pay feature. I don't think so RuPay will focus on this to grab only less than 0.1% customers.

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Less than 0.1% user used Mobile based Tap & Pay feature. I don't think so RuPay will focus on this to grab only less than 0.1% customers.
This isn't a new feature (like upi-cc) which would grab new customers, this is something that other network providers allow which Rupay lacks (I do understand that competitors are in this business way older than rupay) but its nice to have even if for some specific people.

Never got to use Rupay CC offline as I never carry my cards (most of visa/mc cards are added in Samsung Pay which I use directly)