• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Not reaching to OTP page. Using Axis Bank Rupay debit card

STONE_MAN

TF Buzz
I received my new Axis bank Rupay platinum debit card few days ago. I have already set the Card PIN and also, enabled online transactions on it.

But when I am trying to use it on any site like Amazon, paytm, flipkart etc. They are not redirecting me to OTP page, after putting the debit card number, expiry and cvv and then clicking on submit. It just shows processing for few seconds and shows that payment unsuccessful. No particular error message is displayed.

I have checked card number, expiry and cvv many times already. I am entering the right details. But none of time I am being redirected to OTP page.

What could be the reason for this. Is there any way to fix it. Just to make it clear, it has nothing to do with Amazon Rupay friday offer, because it is happening with every merchant.

I am trying to do first online transaction with this card.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I received my new Axis bank Rupay platinum debit card few days ago. I have already set the Card PIN and also, enabled online transactions on it.

But when I am trying to use it on any site like Amazon, paytm, flipkart etc. They are not redirecting me to OTP page, after putting the debit card number, expiry and cvv and then clicking on submit. It just shows processing for few seconds and shows that payment unsuccessful. No particular error message is displayed.

I have checked card number, expiry and cvv many times already. I am entering the right details. But none of time I am being redirected to OTP page.

What could be the reason for this. Is there any way to fix it. Just to make it clear, it has nothing to do with Amazon Rupay friday offer, because it is happening with every merchant.

Enable POS/ ATM transaction access in the card control settings and update us...

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
have already done that,

Apart from contactless, I enabled everything on the day I had received the card itself.
1)for the time being, enable contact less as well and try and update ..

another try..

2) do , transaction within from 🪓 App using this DC.. for example via grab deals..
basically need to figure out, is it not working for external sites only / internal sites also..

Last edited:

STONE_MAN

TF Buzz

doraemon &​

SSV

Even after ATM usage it did not worked.

So had a chat with axis team, they told that debit card is not linked with mobile number and hence payment gateways are not sending you to OTP page.

She took the request online and within one day Debit card got linked successfully. And now I am able to do transactions.

I asked her why this happened even though I had applied through netbanking, so debit card should be automatically linked with mobile number. Even when I did a ATM transactions, I had received withdrawal message on my phone. She said, just a technical glitch sometime it happens.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

doraemon &​

SSV

So had a chat with axis team, they told that debit card is not linked with mobile number and hence payment gateways are not sending you to OTP page.

She took the request online and within one day Debit card got linked successfully. And now I am able to do transactions.

I asked her why this happened even though I had applied through netbanking, so debit card should be automatically linked with mobile number. Even when I did a ATM transactions, I had received withdrawal message on my phone. .
She said, just a technical glitch sometime it happens

Very convenient answer .. blame on the tech ...

Thanks for the update ...

doraemon

TF Legend

doraemon &​

SSV

I asked her why this happened even though I had applied through netbanking, so debit card should be automatically linked with mobile number. Even when I did a ATM transactions, I had received withdrawal message on my phone. She said, just a technical glitch sometime it happens.
That's shameful for a private bank to blame on tech

Thanks for mentioning
Enjoy banking😄

STONE_MAN

TF Buzz
That's shameful for a private bank to blame on tech

Thanks for mentioning
Enjoy banking😄
This is not just the problem of private banks. This is really a issue of indian customer support. There are even memes on the same.

Whenever something that they don't know happens, they are always ready with 2 answers.

1. Sir, server issue chal rha hain. ( Sever issue is going on)

2. Technical glitch/ issue hain sir, chinta mat karo mai escalate kar deta hu. (it's Technical glitch/ issue, don't worry I am escalating it for you).

It's really easy to save yourself by saying these 2 things.

Anupama_Jha

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Hi which variant account is yours ?
Does your DC has name printed on it or not ?

Can we have two DC in axes 🪓 account ? I.e. Liberty+Rupay Platinum.

• Hehe
Reactions: SSV

Anupama_Jha

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Not possible

The virtual card is provided only when account is opened online and is pretty much useless. It is just for transacting. No benefits

Though you can apply for physical RPDC
Rupay Platinum DC is available only for Easy Access or Republic Savings Account holders.

Correct me, if I am wrong.

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Rupay Platinum DC is available only for Easy Access or Republic Savings Account holders.

Correct me, if I am wrong.
4. AXIS BANK-

For new customers - Axis republic salary account and easy access salary account holders will get this card by default.

For existing customers- you can either upgrade online in netbanking or call customer care for issuance on

1 - 860 - 419 - 5555

1 - 860 - 500- 5555

Not everyone gets option to upgrade in netbanking so you can call customer care.

Charges- Issuance fees 200+18%gst and same annual fees from second year onwards
Here is your answer👍

STONE_MAN

TF Buzz
Customer care denied for upgrade. Told to visit branch once
Same happened with me. They said, they can apply other cards but not rupay platinum. It's was also not showing in the app. They even asked me to go branch. I took one risk, I asked them to block current liberty debit card and post that when I checked in app, Rupay was showing. So, I applied from there. I took this risk on my own, customer support never promised me that once it's blocked then you will get the option to apply Rupay.