• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Not spending 1 lakh monthly on Axis Magnus Card, still it is worth it ?

rayhan12

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello guys,

I wanted to know that if I don't spend 1 lakh monthly if I get Axis Magnus CC, is it worth it ?

Should I get it or not ? Please shed some light on this.

Thanks.

A small correction from personal experience. The Tata Cliq voucher which comes as the Magnus welcome benefit can't be used for gold coin purchase. Faced it personally myself & have seen tweets about it, so better to not pin hopes on that fully! :)
Can I ask when did you try? Cause people were able to redeem this like 3 days ago.

If you are never going to hit the 1L milestone per month, then here is what you do

1) Take you last year's spends. Convert it to ER points (note: ER points work on 200 rupees multiples). So you actually will get slightly lesser than 1.2%
2) Now convert this into MB points or KrisFlyer airmiles
3) Go to the website of the hotel/airline and see what this will fetch you. Now check how much this would cost if you bought the same thing using cash
4) Compute the rewards you earned last year, in cash terms
5) Now using the values from 3 & 4 , as well as the 3800/- pa effective fee of Magnus, decide what makes the most sense for you: continue buying with your existing cards or get a Magnus & buy with Magnus
Why is the effective fee of Magnus 3800? Shouldn't it be 1800 and 1091 considering Amazon prime and bb vouchers.

Add something cheap from other categories to the cart and you are good to go 🍻
Exactly. This worked for me a month ago and for people 3 days ago too.
Can I ask when did you try? Cause people were able to redeem this like 3 days ago.
Around 20 Dec. I don't think I tried adding anything else but Tata Cliq gave an error that Cliq cash can't be used for gold purchase. Anyways had other stuff to purchase so exhausted it there.

Around 20 Dec. I don't think I tried adding anything else but Tata Cliq gave an error that Cliq cash can't be used for gold purchase. Anyways had other stuff to purchase so exhausted it there.
I placed my order on the 16th Dec and my friend placed his on the 7th Jan. I sold mine for ₹9600 and he is keeping his. Anyway its good that it came to use for you. 🤗

Why is the effective fee of Magnus 3800? Shouldn't it be 1800 and 1091 considering Amazon prime and bb vouchers.
BB vouchers not considered because BB is not available at a lot of locations in India. Also they can only be used for goods. Only APay vouchers considered because these are usable anywhere in India and can be used for bill payments in lieu of real money
1800 is the GST fee. The extra 2000 is the worst case estimate i.e. what you will lose if you sell the voucher at a discount or convert the gold to cash or buy 10K worth of stuff from TataCliq (in many cases you will get the stuff cheaper, elsewhere)

BB vouchers not considered because BB is not available at a lot of locations in India. Also they can only be used for goods. Only APay vouchers considered because these are usable anywhere in India and can be used for bill payments in lieu of real money
1800 is the GST fee. The extra 2000 is the worst case estimate i.e. what you will lose if you sell the voucher at a discount or convert the gold to cash or buy 10K worth of stuff from TataCliq (in many cases you will get the stuff cheaper, elsewhere)
Okay got it. Is there any reliable way to sell gift vouchers?

Yes, it seems so. Underlying all things stated by you guys.

Hoping to get the card. ( I have applied offline today. )
Welcome to Magnus Club :)

To add to all and @helloworld who shared DATA of how you can get more money in rewards though airmiles/hotels.

One recent benefit Magnus got is EazyDiner Prime membership free(Rs.2495+GST) with this card + 3000 Voucher coupon on your B'day month use.

If you dine out lot, then you can save twice in a month Rs1000 on EazyPay for a minimum spent of Rs.2500, Once in a while all utilizes it, I have done twice during X-Mas to NY time. It was hassle free and useful

To add to all and @helloworld who shared DATA of how you can get more money in rewards though airmiles/hotels.

One recent benefit Magnus got is EazyDiner Prime membership free(Rs.2495+GST) with this card + 3000 Voucher coupon on your B'day month use.

If you dine out lot, then you can save twice in a month Rs1000 on EazyPay for a minimum spent of Rs.2500, Once in a while all utilizes it, I have done twice during X-Mas to NY time. It was hassle free and useful
I already have Eazy membership and now my magnus is coming. Will this new code can extend my Eazy dinner membership or have to add while existing to end it.
Please guide. Also whats this 3000 on bday wala trick?

I already have Eazy membership and now my magnus is coming. Will this new code can extend my Eazy dinner membership or have to add while existing to end it.
Please guide. Also whats this 3000 on bday wala trick?
You have to request ED team on the extension, otherwise they will apply normally from the Card obtained month of Magnus to 1year.

Axis HNI Customers (exclusive board line): 7669004444

3K is the Voucher ED will give you in your B'Day month to be utilized, you will receive an email or call from their Concierge team on the same.

Here is the Terms on the same for Magnus

1673959334503.png

How to get below eazydiner benefits ? Just few days back got Magnus
EazyDiner Prime membership free(Rs.2495+GST) with this card + 3000 Voucher coupon on your B'day month use

How to get below eazydiner benefits ? Just few days back got Magnus
Congrats for joining the Magnus club 👏

It is automatic, do you have the ED app installed? if so and that has the same number as your Magnus registered mobile, then they will enable it automatically.

if not call the number I mentioned in the above post.

Congrats for joining the Magnus club 👏

It is automatic, do you have the ED app installed? if so and that has the same number as your Magnus registered mobile, then they will enable it automatically.

if not call the number I mentioned in the above post.
Thanks ,
ED is installed and Magnus and ED registered on same mobile (ED account generated after few days of magnus received).
Already used Rs. 0 for three month of ED prime, if meanwhile not get it then sure will call "Axis HNI Customers (exclusive board line): 7669004444"

Of the topic, No way " HNI " individual :)

Thanks ,
ED is installed and Magnus and ED registered on same mobile (ED account generated after few days of magnus received).
Already used Rs. 0 for three month of ED prime, if meanwhile not get it then sure will call "Axis HNI Customers (exclusive board line): 7669004444"

Of the topic, No way " HNI " individual :)

You took to guts to spend 10K+GST for obtaining the Magnus card,
Hoping that its rewards exceeds the annual fees and gives you more
Stomach for all these risk/reward decision makes you a HNI :)

Back