• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Now get 5% cash back on Uber using your Amazon Pay card

bhai, does cab drives of uber/ola/rapido in your areas accepts payments via wallets or other online payments, as for me, not just my city even many nearby cities, they straight up deny the ride if you said that payment is via other mode except cash, i can't even use gift card also..
many times they denied rides even if i apply some promocode, they first ask how much fare is showing, they want cash or upi directly in their upi id

nowadays i bargain with auto drives as it doesn't require much time or energy that requires a getting a cab nowadays because to get a cab normally 5-6 tries are must untill some driver accepts your ride and really came to us.

bhai, does cab drives of uber/ola/rapido in your areas accepts payments via wallets or other online payments, as for me, not just my city even many nearby cities, they straight up deny the ride if you said that payment is via other mode except cash, i can't even use gift card also..
many times they denied rides even if i apply some promocode, they first ask how much fare is showing, they want cash or upi directly in their upi id

nowadays i bargain with auto drives as it doesn't require much time or energy that requires a getting a cab nowadays because to get a cab normally 5-6 tries are must untill some driver accepts your ride and really came to us.
Same experience. Don't know how people are able to pay these cab drivers online. They ask the Payment mode before starting the ride itself. Only accept cash. Faced this in metro cities like Bengaluru, Delhi and other major cities like Nagpur, Kolkata etc.

Only airport cab drivers accept online payment that too 'Airport to home' ones.

At least in my city, I have never faced such an issue. On very few occasions, the driver asked if the trip is cash or wallet, and if it's wallet, they cancel the trip. After they cancel, I get a new driver, that's it.

You can also try InDrive if it's available in your city/town.

I don’t own a car right now and only use Uber to get around which means at least one cab ride a day. I only pay using apay wallet. Once a month some driver asks for cash which I decline and they cancel and the next one comes as usual. I live in Delhi btw.

Same experience. Don't know how people are able to pay these cab drivers online. They ask the Payment mode before starting the ride itself. Only accept cash. Faced this in metro cities like Bengaluru, Delhi and other major cities like Nagpur, Kolkata etc.

i am fine with cash or upi but what makes me angry is that first they accept the ride then don't come and they ask us to cancel the ride, some riders even didn't do anything after accepting the ride, and nowadays apps charges for ride cancellation, for refund we have message the support team.
really doesn't like wasting time and energy to get a ride..

some years back, this apps were really really good, no tension of payments, or coupans or gv. if a driver accepted the ride then he will surely come without any issue.. i still remember 10 years ago, i took uber rides for 7 days for free as they provide 500 something on new accounts and ola also gave some ..
and just for a 5 rupee cup of tea we goes 10-15 kms in uber or ola

At least in my city, I have never faced such an issue. On very few occasions, the driver asked if the trip is cash or wallet, and if it's wallet, they cancel the trip. After they cancel, I get a new driver, that's it.

good for you as atleast they cancel rides on their own, for me they don't cancel, they ask me to cancel and because i am always in hurry so i have to cancel from my side and ask for refund of cancellation charges..

i am fine with cash or upi but what makes me angry is that first they accept the ride then don't come and they ask us to cancel the ride, some riders even didn't do anything after accepting the ride, and nowadays apps charges for ride cancellation, for refund we have message the support team.
really doesn't like wasting time and energy to get a ride..

some years back, this apps were really really good, no tension of payments, or coupans or gv. if a driver accepted the ride then he will surely come without any issue.. i still remember 10 years ago, i took uber rides for 7 days for free as they provide 500 something on new accounts and ola also gave some ..
If you're in Delhi or Bengaluru, try BLU. They guarantee no cancellation after booking. Drivers are professional as well.

That was the cash burn phase which was destined to last a short while only.

What’s in drive? Is it a worthy alternative? Please share your experience
I haven't used it, but my brother swears by it. It minimizes cancellations because you and the driver agree to a fare, and then only the driver accepts the trip. You can check if it available in your city or not.

Hello! Here's a link to download inDrive, a ride-hailing app where you get to offer the fare. Tap and download 👇https://share.indriver.com/ioeH/5fp4h0l2

That was the cash burn phase which was destined to last a short while only.
they didn't manage their drives well because of that we have to face problems...
previously there were few riders but now a days, there are too many, one person creates accounts on all the cab apps and accepts rides as he likes..

previously these apps are for our comfort, nowadays it feels like we are for their comfort.

Make an excuse that it is a corporate trip and so there is no other option to pay other than Corporate CC due to reimbursement issues. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

In Delhi, the cash demand issue is more on Ola and very lesson Uber. And the Amazon deal is a nice one too. Buy Amazon GC using a rewarding CC, and then pay for Uber through AmazonPay Wallet. The deal can get even better.

What’s in drive? Is it a worthy alternative? Please share your experience
Indrive is better alternative, mode of payment is only cash or upi. You can bargain the fare digitally with driver. I have used it twice in delhi. It's far better than uber/ola as of now. There is no issue if cancellation as driver knows destination, distance, fare, payment mode. Also driver informed me that as soon as he accepts the ride , commission goes to company, now even ride gets cancelled, commission will not get refunded, then driver has no choice but to pick you up.

Which city sir :) ? am feeling jealous

Back