• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

NTB to HDFC - Need advice for Card 2 Card method for obtaining HDFC credit card.

Hello TFians, I have learnt a lot in the past few months on this portal, and I am really grateful to all the members of the community. I need some advice now. As the title suggests, I am new to HDFC bank. I have never had any banking relationship with the bank. Now after having learnt of C2C method on this portal, I feel I am ready to use the same to obtain an HDFC bank credit card which is Life time free. Here are my details :

Existing cards suitable for C2C (I have many cards from banks such as Standard Chartered, HSBC, AU, Axis, Bank of Baroda etc but their limit is less than 5 L, so giving details of those cards that have existing limit more than 5L):

IndusInd Bank Visa Platinum(LTF): 5 L Limit (7 M old)
ICICI Apay (LTF): 5.2 L Limit (4 Y old)
Federal Celesta(LTF): 6.24 L Limit (1 M old).

In-hand salary : 1.3L per month.

Primary spends: Online and offline retail, Grocery, occasional Swiggy/Zomato and BMS, utilities etc. Not very high spends.

Queries :

(1) Which of these existing cards would be most suitable for helping obtain the best possible LTF HDFC credit card?

(2) Which LTF HDFC credit card do you think is most suitable for me at this point of time (I'm not much into reward points and their airmile/hotel conversion/redemption, but wouldn't mind such a card if offered LTF and my cashback needs are met by other cashback cards such as ICICI Apay)?

(3) Which LTF HDFC credit card should I actually try negotiating for and which card should I realistically expect? This will help in finally settling the negotiation.

(4) What's the best way to go about the C2C process that will help me get the best possible LTF HDFC credit card without fearing rejection or other complications?

CIBIL more than 790, credit utilisation always remains below 5%, all on-time payments, no defaults, no loans so far. I live in a tier-1 city, so no issues of serviceable pincodes. I have a salary account in a Goverment bank, and I'm not in a position to shift this salary account to HDFC or any other bank at this point of time. At the cost of repetition, let me mention that I want only LTF HDFC credit card. Not interested in paid ones or spend-based waiver cards.

Any and all suggestions/advice are welcome. I appreciate all the comments and all are, in one way or the other, helpful to me and other fellow members. Thank you in advance.

Shouldn't it be :
Freedom < Money back < Millennia < Regalia < DCP < Regalia Gold < DCB PVC < DCB Metal < Infinia
He was writing that in order of low to premium cards, not in terms of rewards also reward is a subjective here. Millennia is better than Regalia, if the user usage is more towards utility etc.

Back