• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Offline account opening experience in icici and axis.... On same day

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
I recently posted a Thread

It got a world record response of 4 comments... 😁 Today I went for account opening in rural branch of my city in both icici and axis

First I visited Icici bank... My experience there...

I asked for opening of regular savings account.... Which has a MAB of 2000 only... The executive denied that such account even exist... 🙃🙃... He said that minimum account to open account in icici is 50000 deposit and 10000 MAB from april 1 which is not true....

In rural branches mostly non tech savy people go to open account and this is the way these executives are making fool of people.....I have complained regarding my experience on twitter... Lets see what response I get....

I had similar experience in sbi.. Complained on twitter... The branch manager personally called me after the complaint.. Opened my account... And even offered sweets and tea... 😋

Secondly went to axis bank nearby which was also a rural branch....usually axis is more bashed in online space than icici for their services.... But to my surprise... The executive politely listened to my request... I requested for easy access account with 2500 MAB as per rural location....

He quickly started the process... Within 20 minutes... My account was ready to go with welcome kit in my hand.... No question of why trying to open account in rural branch.... Despite Having an address of urban location of same city.........

Last edited:
Today I visited ICICI BANK ( branch name) to open a Regular savings account... I had all the required kyc documents but still I was denied account opening

The above said branch is a rural branch... And according to t&c mentioned on your website.... The MAB... Required for the account is 2000. I was denied by the executive that such account even exist.... And minimum funding to open account is 50000rs..plus MAB that needs to be maintained is 10000.

It was quite a bad experience and wastage of my time.

I went ahead and opened my account in Axis bank nearby and had a very smooth account opening.

This was my tweet
You're the first person I met who actually had a good experience with Axis Bank. I am personally never going to have any relationship with Axis ever!

Back