• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Card OLA Purchase Using SBI Cashback

Joker

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi All,

I want to purchase OLA S1 Pro 2nd Gen. Given OLA gives option to purchase using CC, I was thinking which card would be best to purchase this? Best answer I came up with is SBI Cashback Card 5% cashback & Infinia.

Wanted to check if anyone has purchased it & knows the MCC? I don't want to get into a situation where I use the card & then realize MCC is not eligible for Cashback.

Given cashback is capped to 5k in a month I am planning to use it like below, please provide any other suggestions. Thanks.

SBI Cashback : 1 Lakh (5k Cashback)
Infinia or DCB: 64k (3.3% reward points)

Cards I hold:
Magnus (around 4.5 Lakh short of renewal waiver with renewal coming in Dec)
StanC Ultimate
Tata Neu
Amazon Pay
Axis Flipkart
1 Kotak & ICICI card

Last edited:

jk51

TF Premier
Hi All,

I want to purchase OLA S1 Pro 2nd Gen. Given OLA gives option to purchase using CC, I was thinking which card would be best to purchase this? Best answer I came up with is SBI Cashback Card 5% cashback & Infinia.

Wanted to check if anyone has purchased it & knows the MCC? I don't want to get into a situation where I use the card & then realize MCC is not eligible for Cashback.

Given cashback is capped to 5k in a month I am planning to use it like below, please provide any other suggestions. Thanks.

Cards I hold:
StanC Ultimate
Tata Neu
Amazon Pay
Axis Flipkart
1 Kotak & ICICI card
One thing you can do is to check the merchant name while making payment and concur whether the said merchant is eligible for cashback or not through other’s experience in threads. For situations like these having milestone cards such as Amex Plat Travel, SBI Prime Vistara, etc makes a lot of sense.

Joker

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
One thing you can do is to check the merchant name while making payment and concur whether the said merchant is eligible for cashback or not through other’s experience in threads. For situations like these having milestone cards such as Amex Plat Travel, SBI Prime Vistara, etc makes a lot of sense.
Not holding any of them, still curious would it give more than 5% return? Keep in mind this 5% is straight forward cashback.

jk51

TF Premier
Not holding any of them, still curious would it give more than 5% return? Keep in mind this 5% is straight forward cashback.
More than 5% return yes. In the form of direct cashback no. Only suitable for people who travel as both of them provide best redemptions at Mariott, Taj, Vistara and Yatra

Joker

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
More than 5% return yes. In the form of direct cashback no. Only suitable for people who travel as both of them provide best redemptions at Mariott, Taj, Vistara and Yatra
What would be the return for Vistara & Yatra. Biggest issue with Vistara is first number of flights & second award availability.

pavan_setty1

TF Buzz
Hi All,

Cards I hold:
StanC Ultimate
Tata Neu
Amazon Pay
Axis Flipkart
1 Kotak & ICICI card
I purchased ola two days back and I got 5% cashback