• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Online Gold Purchase Plan

Channakya

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi ,
I wanted to know that , if any one in TFC has an Idea for Online gold purchase plan .
1) Like , is it worth opting for purchase plan .
2) Are credit cards , Amazon pay wallet are accepted .
2.1) which cards are beneficial for this transaction .
3) which brand's Gold purchase plan is good .

If i am missing any points regarding this , peeps can address them .
If any one has experience of this can share info it would be helpful .

Thank you in Advance !

ICICI Amazon pay gives 1% on jewelry payments. Also check Malabar gold plan, someone in the forum mentioned they accept payments through Amazon wallet.

Not worth purchasing. Keep money in fd instead
Not sure what the logic is behind this . This is bad advice.

Buying gold via purchase plan is the best way to buy physical gold. And physical gold will always work as a safety cushion if you need to take loan with security. Some banks even provide gold loan for simple interest. Also , if you are getting married , you are anyhow gonna buy gold for atleast 2-5L or higher. Planning it properly via schemes will save you money and get you better returns for what you spend.

I just got one of my schemes matured . Put 10000 for 11 months. Got 18 gms of gold averaged at 6100 accumulated via the scheme and I bought that 18gms of gold at the jewellery store while the current price of gold was 6650 . I also saved up on making charges upto 14% .

As for OP's question, I see someone else already suggesting Malabar, and I use Malabar as well. From my research, their gold scheme is actually the best in India. They allow payment online via Amazon wallet and also via credit card .

Yes. This is the USP of these plans.
Yup the savings on making charges and also the extra gold you get cause of averaging.

I got 18gms at 1.1L while if I directly bought it , it would have cost 1.2L . That's an additional 10k savings which is an extra gram of gold .

Yup the savings on making charges and also the extra gold you get cause of averaging.

I got 18gms at 1.1L while if I directly bought it , it would have cost 1.2L . That's an additional 10k savings which is an extra gram of gold .
which brand was this, and how u saved on making charges

which brand was this, and how u saved on making charges
Typically all these gold schemes (GRT, Kalyan, Lalithaas, Malabar etc) offer NO Making charges upto some 12% or so.

For example if you have accumulated 10gms of gold and buy an ornament of 14gm, with 16% making charges, they will discount the making charges on 10gms to some (16-12)% .

You generally get 4 benefits in these schemes.

1. Disc. on making charges. Note : recently they started calling these as VAS or something.
2. Pay those monthly via some good rewarding card , you may get some CB.
3. You enroll for 12 months, but you have to pay till 11 months , the last month they reward you.
4. The SIP like investment averages and you are buying gold at the best price.

These things beat all those RDs , if your goal is to purchase jewellery.

BUT again, please read the brochure thoroughly as they are tweaking TnC.

Last edited:

Gold Purchase Plan

Default Description
www.malabargoldanddiamonds.com
www.malabargoldanddiamonds.com
To clarify

only gold

not Diamonds, you know dimaonds are just a bubble beginning to pop, right?

The Diamond Industry Is A MASSIVE Scam...

Last edited:
Back