• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Optimize credit card utilization

jeevanraj

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hello everyone,

I'm re-evaluating my credit card spending. Below is my credit card portfolio. Could you please help me to optimize my credit card usage so that I could get maximum return?

Credit cards:
- HDFC Diners Black
- SC Ulitmate
- SBI Cashback
- Amazon ICICI
- FK Axis
- AMEX Platinum travel

Amazon - SBI/Apay (prefer sbi to reach waiver milestone) (5%)
Flipkart - SBI/Axis flipkart (prefer sbi to reach waiver milestone) (5%)
Insurance - SBI (through amazon) / Ultimate (3.3%)
Online shopping - SBI (5%)
Rent - Ultimate (3.3%)
Utilities - SBI(via amazon pay) (5%) / Ultimate (3.3%)
Fuel - HP pay wallet load(Ultimate) - 3.3 + 1 cashback(HP pay) + 1.18(waiver convenience fee) = 5.5%
Wallet loading - Ultimate (3.3%)
Amazon voucher - SBI (5%)
Offline payment - Ultimate (3.3%)

Diners black was my primary card till now but as I have now got SC Ultimate I don't see where I can use diners black. Not much of a traveler.

where and how are you using AmEx plat travel to reach that 400000 milestone?
For the last couple of years, I was able to reach the 1.9L milestone. Got the fee waived off for 5K points in both years. Most probably I don't see myself renewing the card for next year unless I can extract more value than DCB/Ultimate from AMEX.

Hello everyone,

I'm re-evaluating my credit card spending. Below is my credit card portfolio. Could you please help me to optimize my credit card usage so that I could get maximum return?

Credit cards:
- HDFC Diners Black
- SC Ulitmate
- SBI Cashback
- Amazon ICICI
- FK Axis
- AMEX Platinum travel

Rent - Ultimate (3.3%)
Fuel - HP pay wallet load(Ultimate) - 3.3 + 1 cashback(HP pay) + 1.18(waiver convenience fee) = 5.5%

Diners black was my primary card till now but as I have now got SC Ultimate I don't see where I can use diners black. Not much of a traveler.
what are the gift vouchers available for SC Ultimate?

Also, how did you get SC Ultimate

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

Credit cards:
- HDFC Diners Black
- SC Ulitmate
- SBI Cashback
- Amazon ICICI
- FK Axis
- AMEX Platinum travel

Rent - Ultimate (3.3%)

Following up with scb for an ultimate upgrade
Is fuel surcharges waived in ultimate?
Only their super value titanium have waivers i heard

Is fuel surcharges waived in ultimate?
No. I saw a thread written by you wrt HP pay app. In that case i'm guessing i might get 5.5% rewards with SC Ultimate. Not tested this yet.

Actual returns would be 4.4% (3.3% + 1% cashback(HP pay). But I can save 1.18% on convenience fee if HP pay is used instead of swiping CC directly at the outlet.

Swiping Ultimate at petrol station = 3.3% - 1.18% = 2.12%
HP Pay wallet = 4.4%

Few areas you can improve but need another cards for that:

- Grocery & Departmental Stores
- Offline Dining
I live in a Tier 2 city since start of the Pandemic. Not planning to move back to Tier 1 cities. So most of my grocery spending is at local Kirana stores.
And for offline dining will have to again use Ultimate. No dineout/eazydiner at my place.
These are the only cards with you or any other?

BTW, Neat setup for cashback.
Thanks. Yep these are the ones I got.

No. I saw a thread written by you wrt HP pay app. In that case i'm guessing i might get 5.5% rewards with SC Ultimate. Not tested this yet.

Actual returns would be 4.4% (3.3% + 1% cashback(HP pay). But I can save 1.18% on convenience fee if HP pay is used instead of swiping CC directly at the outlet.

Swiping Ultimate at petrol station = 3.3% - 1.18% = 2.12%
HP Pay wallet = 4.4%
Got it perfect now
Just curious whether any mitc changes in ultimate haha

I live in a Tier 2 city since start of the Pandemic. Not planning to move back to Tier 1 cities. So most of my grocery spending is at local Kirana stores.
And for offline dining will have to again use Ultimate. No dineout/eazydiner at my place.

Thanks. Yep these are the ones I got.
If you are a high spender then for cashback card you might hit the statement cashback capping of 10k

Back