• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Ordeal in opening Kotak Nation Builders Salary Account

anandkk

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi Anyone here has tried opening Kotak Nation Builder Salary Account? Link below:

First tried calling the customer care to enquire the procedure of opening the account. I was surprised that none of the customer care people are aware of this.

Next visited the branch and the executive their was explaining the procedure to open a typical salary account then i said it is not a typical salary account for which a code needs to be generate may be a central code has already generated for this offering.

Then I have sent a mail kotak head (mail id found in our forum) but again even the email team here also are not aware of this.

What do you suggest @TechnoFino @Subhankar @jay @anirbanm @souvikdey2002 to do now?

Hi Anyone here has tried opening Kotak Nation Builder Salary Account? Link below:

First tried calling the customer care to enquire the procedure of opening the account. I was surprised that none of the customer care people are aware of this.

Next visited the branch and the executive their was explaining the procedure to open a typical salary account then i said it is not a typical salary account for which a code needs to be generate may be a central code has already generated for this offering.

Then I have sent a mail kotak head (mail id found in our forum) but again even the email team here also are not aware of this.

What do you suggest @TechnoFino @Subhankar @jay @anirbanm @souvikdey2002 to do now?
You just visit branch, submit kya details, your offer letter (received from your employer), tell them which salary account variant you want (they will check eligibility- employer/salary/etc) and done... they open salary account for you.
what is the exact problem here

You just visit branch, submit kya details, your offer letter (received from your employer), tell them which salary account variant you want (they will check eligibility- employer/salary/etc) and done... they open salary account for you.
what is the exact problem here
When I visited the branch the executive was saying that we will have tie up with the companies for a salary account and we generally create a separate company code for a salary account. Also these salary accounts are usually given for a certain no. of people but not individually. This was the explanantion given by the executive.

When I visited the branch the executive was saying that we will have tie up with the companies for a salary account and we generally create a separate company code for a salary account. Also these salary accounts are usually given for a certain no. of people but not individually. This was the explanantion given by the executive.
They have said it correctly.
You can't just go to any bank to open a salary account because there are cooperate tie ups needs to be made & time of account opening certain codes to be used to to get the 0 balance facility.

Unless you work in Government, your employer must be having a corporate tie-ups with them to open a salary account.

This is the official way of opening a salary account but off course there are other ways around.

They have said it correctly.
You can't just go to any bank to open a salary account because there are cooperate tie ups needs to be made & time of account opening certain codes to be used to to get the 0 balance facility.

Unless you work in Government, your employer must be having a corporate tie-ups with them to open a salary account.

This is the official way of opening a salary account but off course there are other ways around.
Hi souvik,

Have you checked the link I shared, this is not a typical salary account it is for all the employees of central government and PSU employees working in India and I am eligible for this account.

Central government or PSUs doesnt have any special tie up with these private banks for them every bank is equal and they credit the salary based on the account number.
I am not understanding how to convince these bank people to open this account now .

Hi souvik,

Have you checked the link I shared, this is not a typical salary account it is for all the employees of central government and PSU employees working in India and I am eligible for this account.

Central government or PSUs doesnt have any special tie up with these private banks for them every bank is equal and they credit the salary based on the account number.
I am not understanding how to convince these bank people to open this account now .
For a matter of fact my wife works in Government as well.

What I know is generally the preferred bank is always SBI, now you can convert any savings account to salary account by giving a request to SBI where 2 types of account(SGSP/CGSP) are available. You need to give them last 3month salary slip & statement so that they can convert it.

However, I doubt the same can be replicated in the Private Banks.

Back