• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Park surplus money

m4b

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Fd - intrest rate are all time high.
But yeah not in 1 -2 month time

Idfc- sensible check indusind too

Stock/index - if current gov wins there will be lots of green movement
If opposition win there will be bad blood in stock in short term & long term depending on policy

U should heage it wisely
Adding on to safeguard assets in case of "foreseeable" recession
Gilt funds, Govt 10Y Bond, RBI retail bonds
Not recommended for short term 😅

crasher

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
bhai kya kar raha hai tu ?
equity mein risk is better than risk in debt. Equity (good mutual fund) mein max it will go 20% down, debt mien you'll lose whole capital.
Stick with FD and don't take debt risk ever. that 1-3 % is not worth it.
Risk lena hai toh equity mein lo.

You can also look at gold if not equity. Its very unlikely for gold to go down. (SGB via demat)

Trust Me

TF Ace
2-3 Lakhs
Acceptable return 6 percent

I am not one to suggest any risky options. You could earn 6% plus in SB accounts of some banks, but with much higher amounts.

With what you have, you can make 5.50% (6% if Sr. Citizen) in SBI FDs with absolute safety. With 3L for 2 months, your loss compared to the acceptable 6% would be only about Rs. 250 (actually even less after tax, only ~170 at the highest tax bracket). Does it really matter that much?

Last edited:

Chiklu

TF Buzz
Since you are looking for 6%. The safest option can be check with your friends if they have home loan OD account. They may give you 6-6.5% for the number of days money deposited as they will save home loan interest.

If you are in bangalore. I can only invest in my OD account. And can give you 7%. Obviously after meeting you and getting confirmation that this is not black money 🤪

raghumahajan

TF Premier
bhai kya kar raha hai tu ?
equity mein risk is better than risk in debt. Equity (good mutual fund) mein max it will go 20% down, debt mien you'll lose whole capital.
Stick with FD and don't take debt risk ever. that 1-3 % is not worth it.
Risk lena hai toh equity mein lo.

You can also look at gold if not equity. Its very unlikely for gold to go down. (SGB via demat)
Locking and less liquid at this point

raghumahajan

TF Premier
Since you are looking for 6%. The safest option can be check with your friends if they have home loan OD account. They may give you 6-6.5% for the number of days money deposited as they will save home loan interest.

If you are in bangalore. I can only invest in my OD account. And can give you 7%. Obviously after meeting you and getting confirmation that this is not black money 🤪
Can you guide or give references on OD account, one of my friend has homeloan.

Chiklu

TF Buzz
Can you guide or give references on OD account, one of my friend has homeloan.
Home loan OD is a home loan where you can put the surplus amount to save interest on existing loan. Bank charge home loan at around 8.5-9%.

Suppose you have 50 lakh home loan , currently interest will be charged at 50 lakh, if you put 3 lakh there, interest will be charged on 47 lakh and you saving interest on 3 lakh. Once you withdraw that 3 lakh, interest rate will be again charged on 50 lakh.

So if you know your friend having OD home loan , you can park surplus amount there and negotiate 6-7 % with him . It’s a win win for both, he will save around 2% and you will earn around 6-7 %.

Shin-Chan

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
It is another company backed by LiquiLoans. Have same 3 month lock-in.
If you need safety + liquididty and returns go with liquidfunds.

never ever consider equity without proper understanding. Else easiest solution can be get liquidfunds pledge them and do futures trading but its double edged sword,

Try invoice discounting deals through TapInvest, AltGraf, TradeCred, etc. Although returns will be small like 1%, it is best suited for short term parking of funds. I have invested in these, but risk is there for any platform. Atleast the ones I mentioned have been in the market for some time. Invest at your own risk

technoboy99

TF Buzz
You may invest in hybrid mutual funds if you don’t want to invest in 100% equity Mutual funds, Hybrid mutual funds invest in Stocks, Gold, Silver, Bonds and debt in varying percentages. You may simply google for highly rated Hybrid(Multi-Asset) Mutual Funds which have consistently given good rewards.

You may also buy Govt securities including Treasury bills which have a maturity of 91,182, and 364 days yourself from RBI retail direct platform in the primary market. However, if you choose bonds, simply go with a “Gilt Mutual Fund” which will be easily to buy and sell.

iamdhamo

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Don't go for invoice discounting / leasing. I had a default with big spoon by grip invest and also now jiraaf defaulted with arzoo I think. For mere extra 2% returns we can't risk principal.
Aif in general is very risks for retail investors

You can look for good bonds for which will get matured in short term but input cost might be high since returns will come soon

arnalghosh88

TF Premier
I had invested in univest elite for 1year for 12% return.Since, NBFC deposits are not insured like bank fd, Can anyone suggest me how can I buy insurance for this investment?

harshgupta940

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I am looking for good options to park surplus amount for as short as 1-2 month duration.

Options I already crossed from list.

• P2P investment - Cred Money/12% club/ LiquiLoans etc. -> They no longer take investments without minimum 3 months locking.
  • FD investment - Not good interest than keeping money in Savings Bank
  • Liquid Funds - They are good for nothing in one month.
  • IDFC saving account - It gives 7% return if balance is more than 5 Lakhs but only on amount greater to 5 Lakh.
  • Stocks - Too risky in short term
P.S. - Do not suggest "21 din me paisa double schemes". I am looking for better options than savings bank not to become millionaire.
I think for you the best option would be Arbitrage fund. Duet he below benefits-
1) Only 1 month lock-in that too only due to 0.1% exit load.
2) Better returns in volatile environment
3) No chances of loss.
4) Taxed like Equity at 15% STCG and 10% LTCG over gains on 1lk.

In this I would recommend Edelweiss Arbitrage Fund Direct Growth.
1716962844583.png

I know I entered the discussion late as I saw that people talked about other equity investment options but nobody talked about arbitrage fund.