• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Partial Payment for LIC Annuity using Amex/other CC

Aditya12

TF Premier
My dad is looking forward to paying 10L for an LIC annuity plan that happens to accept Amex CC however we do not have any card with this much limit. I do not see an option to pay in parts. Is it somehow possible to do partial payment using my Amex (to achieve yearly milestone on platinum travel) and rest through any other mode or other CCs?

My dad is looking forward to paying 10L for an LIC annuity plan that happens to accept Amex CC however we do not have any card with this much limit. I do not see an option to pay in parts. Is it somehow possible to do partial payment using my Amex (to achieve yearly milestone on platinum travel) and rest through any other mode or other CCs?
You can try to ask customer care to generate two payment links for the policy with different amounts. Someone in TF did it by asking the customer care but it was for a different insurance provider.

I don’t think they can allow splitting the payments over months because the annuity plan is single payment/premium plan. View attachment 34798
Only way is to get split payment links from LIC, as even if you pay via premium cards, they would have reward capping for insurance payments.

But LIC being LIC, it is questionable whether they have such facilities. But it is worth to find out if they do have any such.

No annuity can't be split it is one single payment agreed at the interest at the time of opening annuity and once completed your father should get a monthly.payments into his account. And it can't be withdrawn or stopped once opened only way is that if the subscriber passes away it will.go to the nominee tax free amount fully invested 10lakhs. Then u can decide if u want to continue annuity but will.prevail I terest rate at the time of your continuity else u can keep that bulk amount who ever is the nominee

Back