• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Password mentioned does not work. What to do now?

Here's the situation:
  1. Obtained HDFC swiggy credit card a couple of weeks back
  2. First statement showed up yesterday
  3. Email says 1724180034383.png . However I have tried all combinations and it does not work
  4. I have other credit cards from HDFC, they all follow the <4 letters of first name><last 4 digits of card number> pattern and I have never had a problem.
  5. I called customer support, I went to the home branch with my credit card. They were not able to open either.
  6. Both in phone and in person in the branch, they said I can re-download the statement from the netbanking cards section or "My Cards" or something

Option 6 is fine, but I do not want to do it manually every week. I have all my credit card statements in my email (Gmail) , I can search / filter and get everyhing every time I need it.

What are my options? Who do I reach out to? Is there a customer service email, since I haven't tried email yet? is there any escalation process?

Solution
Here's the situation:
  3. Email says View attachment 65657. However I have tried all combinations and it does not work
  4. I have other credit cards from HDFC, they all follow the <4 letters of first name><last 4 digits of card number> pattern and I have never had a problem.
  5. I called customer support, I went to the home branch with my credit card. They were not able to open either.
  6. Both in phone and in person in the branch, they said I can re-download the statement from the netbanking cards section or "My Cards" or something

Option 6 is fine, but I do not want to do it manually every week. I have all my credit card statements...
Here's the situation:
  3. Email says View attachment 65657. However I have tried all combinations and it does not work

Option 6 is fine, but I do not want to do it manually every week. I have all my credit card statements in my email (Gmail) , I can search / filter and get everyhing every time I need it.

What are my options? Who do I reach out to? Is there a customer service email, since I haven't tried email yet? is there any escalation process?
I guess there might be a bug in the system for this statement , try it next month you might access with no issue .

Else replace the card with new one .

I guess there might be a bug in the system for this statement , try it next month you might access with no issue .

Else replace the card with new one .
hmm that's unfortunate, but ok, will try .

Download the statement from HDFC App. There is no password on PDF when you download via App.
Yeah I can do this, but this is not something I want to keep doing every month. I like having the statements in the email so I can look back when I want, I do not want to be doing this manually each time the statement is generated.

Try lower case instead of upper case..
Tried :( No luck

This answer is based on my perspective, I’m not entirely sure if this is exactly what happened in your case, but I believe it might be.

It seems that when the HDFC card team entered your details into their system, they might have made a small typo while setting up the password-protected PDF, which is causing this issue. You should reach out to HDFC card support and explain that the password for your HDFC Swiggy card is not working, even though you are entering it correctly. Also, let them know that you’ve already visited a branch, and they confirmed the same issue.

They might cross-question whether you entered the password incorrectly. In that case, once again you should explain that you own other HDFC cards and have not faced this issue with any of them.

They should be able to resolve this issue for you and set up a new password, as they typically do this only once. After that, system automatically sends you monthly statement with password-protected PDF. I've dropped the emails for your ease.

HDFC Credit Card Support Emails: I've skipped the 1st level intentionally as most likely they will be clueless.
2nd - escalation.cc@hdfcbank.com
3rd - Grievance.Redressalcc@hdfcbank.com
4th - PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com

Question: How can you confirm this?
Answer: If the same problem occurs with the next statement, most likely the data was entered incorrectly. In that case, you can do what I wrote above.

Last edited:
You can try cracking the password with brute force to find out the password.

You can also try checking the personal details in the statement downloaded from app. Make sure all the details match like spelling of name or last 4 digits of the card number.

Here's the situation:

Type MRXX1234

XX - First two letter of your name.
1234 - last four card digits.

Let me know if it works.

Solution
Back