• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pay Credit Card Bill Via HDFC Bill Payment Portal And Get 1% Cashback

TechnoFinoTechnoFino is verified member.

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Are you paying your credit card bill via 3rd party app or directly from your bank portal? then you are probably losing 1% cashback.
If you pay your credit card bill via HDFC Bank bill payment portal using your HDFC Bank debit card then you can earn 1% cashback, maximum Cashback capping depends on your debit card type.
Maximum Cashback Capping-
If you have HDFC Easyshop Platinum debit card then you can earn 1% upto Rs. 750 per month, just pay Rs. 75,000 bill & get Rs. 750 cashback.
If you have HDFC Millennia debit card then you can earn 1% upto Rs. 400 per month, just pay Rs. 40,000 bill & get Rs. 400 cashback.

Not only credit card bill, you can pay any utility bill you want (must be available on Hdfc bank bill payment portal) & get 1% cashback.

To Pay Bill Follow These Steps-
1. Login to your HDFC Bank Netbaning
2. Click on "BillPay & Recharge" tab -> Click on Continue

Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 1.01.56 PM.png

3. Now click on Add Biller
4. Select Credit Card
5. Now select your card provider name

Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 1.02.48 PM.png

6. Enter your credit card detail
7. Enter amount you want to pay
8. Select your debit card from drop down menu
9. Click on pay

Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 1.03.27 PM.png

10. Enter OTP & Done!

You'll receive 1% Cashback for the transaction, you can check & redeem your debit card Cashback from "Card Tab -> Debit Card -> Enquiry -> Cashback Enquiry & Redemption"

Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 1.30.27 PM.png

Fraudcharge blocking other Debit Cards like RBL, anyone noticed?

I haven't made any transactions using my debit card on Freecharge, yet they blocked my card when I tried to make a credit card bill payment for just Rs. 500. I couldn't understand why Freecharge was preventing me from making a payment, claiming it was due to suspicious activity. It's been months, maybe even years, since I last used Freecharge for payments, although my account was still logged into my mobile.

When I reached out to Freecharge customer care, the response from their rather unhelpful executive was that they had created a sophisticated and secure environment, which was apparently the reason I couldn't make the payment. Frankly, I found this explanation to be utterly ridiculous. To top it off, in their final sentence, they mentioned something about not being able to make a "rent payment." I was left dumbfounded, wondering if the customer care executive had been drinking on the job. I raised a concern about my inability to pay my credit card bill, and they were responding as if I had inquired about rent payments. What a load of nonsense, Freecharge!

Few things I am not understanding 1. Why they removed SBI cards from saved card list 2. Why the issue is going too long 3. Even if it migrating to Bharat bill pay then why we cannot do bill pay through Billdesk.

Most of the bill comes from SBI Cashback card.If it's not working then this 1% reward is meaningless.

I already mailed them with details step by step screenshot but no satisfactory answer yet.

Any new updates from anyone?

I did Axis and ICICI bank CC bill payment by using HDFC bill pay and HDFC CC bill payment using freecharge.
I used HDFC Platinum DC for the payments.
Payments were done on 27th Sept but I haven't received any cashback points for these transactions till now.

Is CB thing still works for Freecharge and HDFC bill pay?

I did Axis and ICICI bank CC bill payment by using HDFC bill pay and HDFC CC bill payment using freecharge.
I used HDFC Platinum DC for the payments.
Payments were done on 27th Sept but I haven't received any cashback points for these transactions till now.

Is CB thing still works for Freecharge and HDFC bill pay?
It still works but there comes one/two odd weeks every month where points don't get credited. Pending points will get credited by next week. Need not to worry.

I can confirm points issue.
I paid Kwik CC bill through HDFC Billpay and HDFC CC bill through Freecharge on 25th and 26th. Bills got settled but points not credited. I think its because of month end week.

Back