• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pay Credit Card Bill Via HDFC Bill Payment Portal And Get 1% Cashback

TechnoFinoTechnoFino is verified member.

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Are you paying your credit card bill via 3rd party app or directly from your bank portal? then you are probably losing 1% cashback.
If you pay your credit card bill via HDFC Bank bill payment portal using your HDFC Bank debit card then you can earn 1% cashback, maximum Cashback capping depends on your debit card type.
Maximum Cashback Capping-
If you have HDFC Easyshop Platinum debit card then you can earn 1% upto Rs. 750 per month, just pay Rs. 75,000 bill & get Rs. 750 cashback.
If you have HDFC Millennia debit card then you can earn 1% upto Rs. 400 per month, just pay Rs. 40,000 bill & get Rs. 400 cashback.

Not only credit card bill, you can pay any utility bill you want (must be available on Hdfc bank bill payment portal) & get 1% cashback.

To Pay Bill Follow These Steps-
1. Login to your HDFC Bank Netbaning
2. Click on "BillPay & Recharge" tab -> Click on Continue

Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 1.01.56 PM.png

3. Now click on Add Biller
4. Select Credit Card
5. Now select your card provider name

Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 1.02.48 PM.png

6. Enter your credit card detail
7. Enter amount you want to pay
8. Select your debit card from drop down menu
9. Click on pay

Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 1.03.27 PM.png

10. Enter OTP & Done!

You'll receive 1% Cashback for the transaction, you can check & redeem your debit card Cashback from "Card Tab -> Debit Card -> Enquiry -> Cashback Enquiry & Redemption"

Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 1.30.27 PM.png

It’s a bug so far HDFC Bank not fixed it I mean hdfc bill pay 750/- + MobiKwik separately give additional 750/- it may be tough to HDFC Bank for fixing it by utilities filter that’s why we won’t get cb points for lot of apps if we use hdfc plat dc even though it’s utility payment.
Also another fun here if u pay some cc bill in MobiKwik for 20k on Friday night mostly it will fail but amount gets debited from HDFC Bank account and we get 200/-cb points
Next Thursday the MobiKwik return amount will hit HDFC Bank account but they won’t reconcile mcc and reverse 200/-.
Purely risk if one day identified and reversed our sb account will have impact so not using this loophole and also not suggesting to anyone
does this trick work?
meaning 750 in hdfc billpay and 750 using mobikwik cc bill pay

Hope the HDFC bill pay portal allows partial payment. I tried to pay my Magnus bill yesterday but found 1L is the debit card max limit and hence got declined for 1.1L. So I paid 1L yesterday and it went through.

Let me see how many days it takes to credit in Axis (expecting 5 days) and get 750 cashback in HDFC account.

Hope the HDFC bill pay portal allows partial payment. I tried to pay my Magnus bill yesterday but found 1L is the debit card max limit and hence got declined for 1.1L. So I paid 1L yesterday and it went through.

Let me see how many days it takes to credit in Axis (expecting 5 days) and get 750 cashback in HDFC account.
Not sure how Magnus and HDFC plat DC holders are trying to do this. Paying partially using mobikwik and DC

Not sure how Magnus and HDFC plat DC holders are trying to do this. Paying partially using mobikwik and DC
Partial payments are obviously allowed, since you are entering the bill amount yourself.

Back