• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

PayZap surcharge to spend online education payment

Post number 3 has been selected as best answer.

CoolGeek

TF Premier
Hi,
Are there any surcharge charges for using PayZap card online for education?
I paid Rs. 11,730 for school fees through the PayZap card number on the website. The payment gateway already had 1.3% charges for credit cards.
But PayZap deducted Rs. 141 from my account separately (1.2%).
The charges are shown as Surcharges.

Solution
Don't worry it will get reversed next day by 12 pm

Many times I pay from payzapp for exam forms for my friends using kotak cc to payzapp wallet to exam form

This surcharge is 1.2% of your bill amount and will get reversed next day automatically

If ur query is solved mark my answer as solution
Thanks

doraemon

TF Legend

Many times I pay from payzapp for exam forms for my friends using kotak cc to payzapp wallet to exam form

This surcharge is 1.2% of your bill amount and will get reversed next day automatically

Thanks

Solution

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer

Thanks
But not in all Cases.

HDFC developed such a system where HDFC deduct surcharge at the time of txn itself in Case of Prepaid Cards.

For Fuel Txns and Govt Txns, I was surcharged Minimum Rs.11.8 or 1.18% whichever is higher in advance , otherwise My Txns get declined if My Available Balance is not sufficient to cover extra Surcharge that is to be deducted at the time of txn itself

If at the time of Txn settlement Acquire Bank Actually claim Surcharge then Payzapp will not reverse it.

When Payment Gateway already Charging Upfront then Acquire Bank will not claim any Surcharge at settlement additionally and Payzapp will reverse it.

First time I saw for Education Txns also HDFC started deducting Surcharge in Advance at the the time of txn itself.

doraemon

TF Legend
But not in all Cases.

HDFC developed such a system where HDFC deduct surcharge at the time of txn itself in Case of Prepaid Cards.

For Fuel Txns and Govt Txns, I was surcharged Minimum Rs.11.8 or 1.18% whichever is higher in advance , otherwise My Txns get declined if My Available Balance is not sufficient to cover extra Surcharge that is to be deducted at the time of txn itself

If at the time of Txn settlement Acquire Bank Actually claim Surcharge then Payzapp will not reverse it.

When Payment Gateway already Charging Upfront then Acquire Bank will not claim any Surcharge at settlement additionally and Payzapp will reverse it.

First time I saw for Education Txns also HDFC started deducting Surcharge in Advance at the the time of txn itself.
That i don't know brother.

As a layman i am saying I have paid education payments to ICAI/ICSI/MY UNIVERSITY and other school fees

And the thing is surcharge is reversed next day for sure

Op listen ,don't get confused next day your extra surcharge money will be reversed

HDFC treat the payzapp card as HDFC credit card and maybe it's card feature that surcharge is deducted and revered

I recently made a payment of 7000 for my icitss training and surcharge was revered next day

You will get message like this

Hey!
Refund credited to PayZapp Wallet
Amount: Rs. 15.6
Date&time: 20-03-2024 11:52:13
PayZappWallet balance: Rs. 465.6
Not you? hdfcbk.io/a/xxxxx
-HDFC Bank

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
That i don't know brother.

As a layman i am saying I have paid education payments to ICAI/ICSI/MY UNIVERSITY and other school fees

And the thing is surcharge is reversed next day for sure

Op listen ,don't get confused next day your extra surcharge money will be reversed

HDFC treat the payzapp card as HDFC credit card and maybe it's card feature that surcharge is deducted and revered

I recently made a payment of 7000 for my icitss training and surcharge was revered next day
ICAI shows Extra Charges Upfront before Proceeding to OTP Page for Exam Fees that is why sucharge by Payzapp gets reversed.

In other Case Either charges was showm Upfront before Proceeding to OTP Page or Merchant is bearing the chareges that is why it gets reversed

doraemon

TF Legend
ICAI shows Extra Charges Upfront before Proceeding to OTP Page for Exam Fees that is why sucharge by Payzapp gets reversed.

In other Case Either charges was showm Upfront before Proceeding to OTP Page or Merchant is bearing the chareges that is why it gets reversed
Okay let me give u example

My university exam form fees is 1300 I paid yesterday on OTP page and also on merchant page it was 1300 and 15.6 was deducted separately and was clubbed after some second on transaction as education surcharge
And it got reversed and I shared the message in previous comment

Also to clarify icai sometimes show extra charges and sometimes not

When I paid my 7k fees to icai nothing was shown and transaction went through like above but surcharge was deducted separately and got reverse next day

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
Okay let me give u example

My university exam form fees is 1300 I paid yesterday on OTP page and also on merchant page it was 1300 and 15.6 was deducted separately and was clubbed after some second on transaction as education surcharge
And it got reversed and I shared the message in previous comment
Then Your University is Bearing the MDR.

If Acquire Bank Actually Claims that 15.6 from HDFC, then Payzapp will not reverse it.

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
Also to clarify icai sometimes show extra charges and sometimes not

When I paid my 7k fees to icai nothing was shown and transaction went through like above but surcharge was deducted separately and got reverse next day
7k Is Definetly not Exam Fees.

I Paid many times for my friends 1500 or 2700 towards exam fees and for exam fees always charges are shown Upfront.

When I paid for course registration for them nothing is charged extra🤣

ICAI is weird Charging extra For Exam Fees and nothing for other Payments🤣